Yoghurt on Tour - Floridian Sports Day

daveyoghurt

Mouseketeer
It was even hotter today, and as a result we struggled to shake off our early-holiday lethargy. We headed up to Denny's for breakfast today as I'd really enjoyed them when I went last year - to be honest though, I was a little disappointed, especially compared to the Village Inn. There was certainly more on the plate, but it was more expensive and the quality wasn't as good - less is more, anyone?

We returned to the pool and Karen finished reading 'The Traveller' (verdict - better than the Da Vinci Code!), and I finished reading Peter Alliss's biography (verdict - funnier than Nick Faldo's)! After all that loafing and sun, and reading about glorious golfing achievements, we decided to create a few of our own by playing the Pirates Cove pirate: on the i-drive.

Those of you that have played will know that it's a fantastic course and great fun, those of you that don't take it seriously, that is. Ignoring the heckling and abuse from my fellow players, I drove down the first hole and picked up a par - a solid start in anyone's book. I had a few suspicions that my playing partners were not taking it as seriously as me, especially when Matt scored 9 over on one hole (including two visits to the water hazard), but to my credit, I didn't allow it to affect my game :rotfl: . At the end of the 36 holes, Dave 'Faldo' emerged victorious after some tough matchplay, though Karen 'Woods' and Matt 'Montgomery' could point to holes in ones on both courses. We retired to the 37th hole (aka Bahama Breeze) for Budweiser and to discuss the afternoons play.

For tea we headed to the Race Rock as Matt had spotted it and wanted to try it out, Matt plumped for the pizza and Karen and myself has marsala beef tips - both were nice without being spectacular, though it was one of the few occassions that I had vegetables on this holiday so I shouldn't really complain! Another server indiscretion, this time she hid some dollars in one of the pockets in the sleeve they put your receipt in - so this was the only occasion that we didn't leave a tip this holiday - I can't stand dishonesty and maybe on reflection I should have done but after yesterday, I was determined not to put up with it. Karen was feeling tired so we had an early night as we planned to go to Seaworld tomorrow, though after stocking up with some tequila on the way home, the night wasn't as early as it should have been!

though it was one of the few occassions that I had vegetables on this holiday so I shouldn't really complain!
I know how that feels! you don't miss the healthy stuff at first then realise you haven't seen a green in days!

I didn't allow it to affect my game

well done you big brave boy you :rotfl:

please hurry up at visit MK!

Whenever we visit, DH and I vow to visit Pirate's Cove but never get round to it - maybe next year. Another good day was had by all :sunny:

Great report, we played Pirates on our last evening and I got TWO holes in one, I think the whole of the I Drive must have heard me when I did them. :rotfl:

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

I think my DS15 would spend all his time at mini golf if we let him. He loved Pirate Cove and also Congo River Golf where he loved feeding the alligators. When we visited Gatorland once we were told gators had bad eye sight. Well I don't know where they got that from, the baby gators at Congo spied us coming whilst walking up the path and were ready for us to feed them hot dogs.

Lovely report Dave. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter