Yoghurt on Tour - The Magic Kingdom?

daveyoghurt

Mouseketeer
I wanted our first park to be the Magic Kingdom as Karen is a big Disney fan, and wanted to see the Castle as a matter of great urgency - though apparently not urgent enough for us to get up in time for the coach transport, so the plans flew out of the window on the very first day! :rotfl:

We wandered over to the Village Inn and had the first of many superb breakfasts there - the servers here were older than many of the others we encountered on our holiday, and the service and friendliness really contributed to our holiday - they were simply magnificent, the food was nice, and cheap - I can't recommend this place enough. We returned to the hotel to see the Universal coach arrive and so took a team decision to hop on, as the weather was not so great, (TS Ophelia was lurking just off the coast of Florida at this point) we decided to spend the day at US as the majority of the rides are indoors.

There's nothing like the feeling of walking towards the Universal sign outside US - that's when you know your holidays started - we took our obligatory photo which included the 30 second wait for the 'Universal' part to revolve into the shot! Our first ride at US was one of the best as well, The Mummy - having done this last year I knew what to expect but Karen's brag that she wasn't scared were soon disproved when the photo of the ride came up on the screens! :rotfl2: We then wandered round to MIB where I got my come-uppance, despite knowing where all the 'top score' aliens were, Karen zapped the alien at the end of the ride to secure the bonus and pip me by 7,000 points. Being the gallant loser that I am, I declined the opportunity to purchase the photo bearing the evidence, even though Karen pointed out it "Would look nice on the mantelpiece". :rolleyes1

I took my revenge by seating Karen strategically for our next ride - Jaws. This shameful act made worse by the fact that she doesn't like sharks and Matt's promise that the ride "wasn't that bad" - we sure paid for that when we disembarked! Once I removed the park map from where it had been shoved, we made our way to twister and earthquake - though these I think are a little dated and out of synch with the rest of the park. Onwards to Jimmy Neutron and Shrek which were favourites with all, there was only Back to the Future and ET left, BTTF is still one of my favourite rides, it compares still to the more recent simulator rides and is great fun.

We then hit the shops (this will be a big part of our holiday as we all love shopping) and Karen bought some Cat in the Hat pyjamas and also decided that she needed a back scratcher to go with them!

We ended the day by popping into Margaritaville and tried some of their wares, (2 x who's to blame, 1 x bahama mama and 1 x last mango in Paris) and it was here I made the beer discovery of the year - Budweiser Select, I've never seen this before and it became a firm favourite. As we headed for our coach home the heavens opened for the first deluge of the hols, we got back to our room at 7pm and collapsed (again!) on the beds.

When we woke up it was 6.51am the following day....

Karen bought some Cat in the Hat pyjamas and also decided that she needed a back scratcher to go with them!

A girl can't have too many back scratchers you know !!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Another great trippie, I can't believe you had my fave drink in the whole wide world - the Bahama Mama (which reminds me of many/but not enough a good Disney Cruise)

Shame you missed Mk on the first day, thats my one 'must do' but glad Karen managed to get some nice pj's (and the back scratcher :rotfl: )

Nice report Dave - shame you didn't make it to MK on your first day but US is a good park too (in a very different way).

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Universal was our favourite park this time around.

Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter