Yorkshire Stylee - The Return! PTR

There is still time for it to improve. The Euro does not look good for our trip to Amsterdam but I'm hoping it will improve. I have my fingers crossed for an improvement for you xxx

Ooh just found this - sorry I am late :laughing:

Your plans look wonderful, you are sure to have an amazing time

Great photos by the way :thumbsup2

There is still time for it to improve. The Euro does not look good for our trip to Amsterdam but I'm hoping it will improve. I have my fingers crossed for an improvement for you xxx

It's just sickening after 2008 - when we almost got two dollars for every pound. Oh well - we are just saving like mad!

Ooh just found this - sorry I am late :laughing:

Your plans look wonderful, you are sure to have an amazing time

Great photos by the way :thumbsup2

Linda! Hello there! You are not late at all - we've still got another 90 days to go!:rotfl2:

I'll be talking about food soon - then I'll need your expert help on where to get the best alcoholic drinks in WDW :woohoo:

Info on the final member of our party (DD13) coming up soon. She'll probably be peeved at coming last!

I'm reading along, too, Shari.

Looks like you have a good plan and travel partners willing and able to handle this ambitious itinerary. You've booked some of my favorite restaurants, so I know you're a sensible woman and on the right track.

I'll be watching for your next installment. Planning and anticipating are a big part of the fun. Have lots of that fun!

I'm reading along, too, Shari.

Looks like you have a good plan and travel partners willing and able to handle this ambitious itinerary. You've booked some of my favorite restaurants, so I know you're a sensible woman and on the right track.

I'll be watching for your next installment. Planning and anticipating are a big part of the fun. Have lots of that fun!

Thanks for reading! We love the planning (especially the restaurants...:rolleyes1) but we are not over zealous - we like to be flexible!

So this is Kate (13 - but will be 14 when we go!):

2008_0818Image0266.jpg

Yes - she really enjoyed Beverly at Club Cool! Here she is at Whispering Canyon:

2008_0824Image0111.jpg

As I mentioned before, Kate is Simon's rollercoaster buddy - they do the high, falling type of rides together.

She loves Space Mountain, EE, Big Thunder (she was excited when she got me to have a go on it in 2008), Splash Mountain, Rock n'roller coaster etc. She also loves going on other fun rides with me and seeing the shows.

Kate loves going to the swimming pools - something I'm not always bothered about - so Simon quite often gets pool duty too! Although I've promised to go to a water park this year.

Kate's favourite character is Stitch - takes after me! Like Sarah she throws herself into the Disney spirit with gusto. She is also now into shopping like her big sister so we can expect a fun day at the Florida mall!

Here's me and my little girl at the California Grill in 2008:

2008_0818Image0398.jpg

2008_0818Image0241.jpg

Both my girls like to try on crazy hats:

2008_0818Image0109.jpg

Forgot to show a pic of Kate in 2006:

2006_0828Image0073.jpg

She was so ickle!

Coming up: one of my favourite subjects - FOOD!

Hello there! Sorry about the abscence!

Still - 57 days til WDW!:banana:

I'd like to talk FOOD. Food is one of our favourite pastimes at Disney World. And boy, there is a whole lotta good food there.

This time round we are visiting a few old favourites, but also trying some new restaurants. I'd love your opinions on the places we haven't been to before.

Let's see - what do we like to eat?

Me (shari): I am a good all rounder! There is very little I won't eat. I like meat, fish, veggies, fruit, starters, entrees, desserts - the whole shebang!

Here are some of my fave meals from 2008:

The famous pork tenderloin and polenta from California Grill:
2008_0818Image0392.jpg

We went to CG both in 2006 (just me and Si) and in 2008 (all four of us). We weren't intending to go again but we realised that we simply had to. It's a must do for us. Such a special treat and in such a beautiful location. I only hope that we can get Kevin as our server again - we had him both times and he was brilliant!

The appetiser for two from Raglan Road:
2008_0824Image0160.jpg

This defeated the four of us! A great appetiser if, like me, you like to try lots of bits and pieces. It had sausages, ribs, chicken, scallops - wonderful. I loved Raglan Road - it was just that bit different from other restaurants in WDW but very friendly and homely with great good. We'll be making a return visit in August.

My cedar plank salmon from Artist Point:
DSCF1216.jpg

We all agreed this was probably our favourite meal of the whole trip in 2008. The service and the food was second to none. A great family dining experience. We are definitely going back!

The New York Strip steak at the Flying Fish:
DSCF1398.jpg

This was probably my favourite dish of the whole holiday. Man, that steak was sheer perfection for me. Crispy on the outside, soft as butter on the inside. Delicious. The whole FF meal was a great one. But we have decided not to go back this time. Why? I hear you cry. We are overloaded with signatures we want to try - and, as much as we loved FF, it was the place where Sarah struggled to find something to eat. There are simply too many restaurants, too little time. And, at two dining credits, FF had to go.:sad1:

Our favourite counter service place - Columbia Harbor House:
2008_0828Image0090.jpg

We had several meals here - nuggets, fries, sandwiches - and each time we did we found it to be a lovely quiet haven from the madness of the Magic Kingdom. We tended to eat early and found it almost deserted. it's great to sit upstairs and watch the world go by. We shall definitely be found in there once or twice this year :rolleyes1

Marsha's Martian - Sci-fi Dine-in Theater:
2008_0818Image0334.jpg

Ooh! My first glow cube! This cocktail with baileys and lots of other naughty goodness was delicious. As was the whole Sci-fi experience. We are going back this year as we found it an unexpected hit with us all.

Sunshine Seasons breakfast:
2008_0818Image0246-2.jpg

Ahhh! I love me a good cooked breakfast! And this gave us plenty of energy to see us round EPCOT! We shall return.

Ohana breakfast:
2008_0818Image0417.jpg

This was great fun and very tasty! A lovely place to eat breakfast and meet Lilo and Stitch. We are going back here for breakfast this time. I love the Polynesian and it's on my wish list!:lovestruc

Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet:
2008_0824Image0106.jpg

Another place I never expected to like as much as I did! Great fun and good, hearty food. We are going back here again too.

Chicken strips at WPE:
2008_0828Image0074.jpg

We only discovered this little beauty towards the end of our holiday - needless to say we will be investigating it more thoroughly this time!

Cloudberry Horns from Kringla Bakeri:
2008_0828Image0015.jpg

Oh my! These beauties are gorgeous! And there's still quite a lot of other items to try on the menu!

Mahi and Mahi with cashew jasmine rice from Coral Reef:
2008_0818Image0284.jpg

Not an altogether successful visit but not a disaster. However, this dish was yummy. Not yummy enough to entice us back here this time. The rice was amazing.

So there are some of my favourite picks from last time.

Coming up: What does the man of the household like to eat?......MEAT!

If you're talking about food them i'm a'listening!

Columbia Harbour House is my fave CS too. x

Aww I love the photo with Stitch!

Columbia Harbor House has always been pretty empty whenever we've been too, but again it's always been early...

Very jealous of all your TS credits and some good choices so far :thumbsup2

I'm with Simon on the meat, I turn into a steak fiend in Florida!

Aww I love the photo with Stitch!

Columbia Harbor House has always been pretty empty whenever we've been too, but again it's always been early...

Very jealous of all your TS credits and some good choices so far :thumbsup2

I'm with Simon on the meat, I turn into a steak fiend in Florida!

Stitch is gorgeous! I can't wait to go back to Ohana for breakfast to meet him again!

We have made a tentative change to our list on the first page. I've put that Simon and Sarah are leaving me and Kate (for a change) and that they we are going to Flying Fish. As I mentioned before, we are no longer doing this. We might be going to the Gardenview Lounge at the GF to have afternoon tea instead - a real girly thing.

If you've read my 2008 dining review you'll know I took Sarah there and we had a nice, but slightly disappointing experience - which I believe was down to the server. So Kate and I will grab the bull by the horns and try again this year!

Because we've cancelled a signature for two - we had four TS credits left - so we've booked in at Nine Dragons on an EPCOT day!:thumbsup2

Just caught up on the rest of your Pre TR

your trip is really coming around quickly YAY

Thanks for the food pictures yummy I cant wait for a taste of WDW

Hello!

So here's more food in preparation for the zillion calories we are going to eat in just 38 days time!:yay:

I told you which kind of food I like - pretty much everything!:laughing:

So, now we come to Simon. What does he like?

In a word - MEAT! He's not allergic to vegatables but he may as well be! To be fair, Simon has eaten a wide range of food in WDW - they even make veggies look good!

2008_0824Image0230.jpg

He also has a sweet tooth! We discovered this lovely thing at Liberty Inn in EPCOT.

This is one of his favourite meals - from Artist Point. It's a buffalo steak:

DSCF1217.jpg

And another one - potato wrapped snapper from Flying Fish:

DSCF1218.jpg

He also likes to eat these a lot:

2008_0818Image0102.jpg

Burgers! This one was from Liberty Tree Tavern.

Oh look! More meat! This time the filet steak from California Grill:

2008_0818Image0394.jpg

And Simon really enjoys Whispering Canyon Cafe (not the sweetcorn obviously!):

2008_0824Image0106.jpg

I love a man who loves his food and my Simon loves his food!:lovestruc

Especially at Walt Disney World - so where is he most looking forward to eating?

Hang on - I'll ask him...................................................................

Ok - he said Hooters shortly before I hit him. The bruises will fade soon I'm sure.

Then he said California Grill and Artist Point. I think that's because he knows we'll have a good experience there. Here he is during our last visit to AP:

2008_0828Image0003.jpg

Coming up: What do teens like to munch on?

I know Meryll - I just like to be accurate!;)

The first picture is actually one of Sarah's meals - you can tell because it's chicken and she's photographed it at an artistic angle!:rotfl2: I think it could be Artist Point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter