You know you are Disney obsessed when...

When you've talked Disney lodging and tickets enough that your spouse can tell his family about all the options when someone mentions they're thinking about scheduling a trip. Naturally, he gave me all the credit....... :rotfl:

... instead of playing "I Spy" in the car on the way to school, you play, "What thing at WDW am I thinking of".[/QUOTE]

OMGSH!!!!! we play where am I at.... and we have to ask questions about whats around us.. but we know Disney so well that its down to exact park benches!!! LOVE IT

When you start setting up a Monorail around your christmas tree rather than some ordinary train. I did it:

4227197199_b98ceee0bf_b.jpg

4227198013_f4923c335b_b.jpg

1. When you have a count down clock on your computer at work.:surfweb:
2. When your screensaver at work is a picture of your kids and grandson at Disney.:hug:
3. When you co-workers ask when you are going back to Disney...cause they know you are.;)
4. When your co-worker ask you to plan a trip for them...and book their ADRs.:laughing:
5. When your co-worker directs Disney questions your way because you are the official Disney expert.:worship:
6. When you have nothing but Disney pajamas.:love:
7. When a co-worker, who sells Avon, asks if you ordered all the Mickey/Minnie gear in each campaign. I did but the shoes and slippers...too small.:rolleyes1
8. When you book a trip for Feb. and your mother gets upset because she thought it was a family thing and you tell her don't worry, we are going in August.:rotfl2:

First off... let me just say... WAY TOO COOL to the person three posts up from me... with monorail set up!!!!!!!!!!! I think you top it!!!

I think I always was obsessed, but never showed it on the outside... but just recently I started too. I planned last summer already that we were gonna go to Disney in Feb. 2011 when I have to go to Miami, Fl. for my college graduation. I asked my whole family to accompany me on my trip and most all said... "that's too damn far away to give you an answer"...but my brother on the other hand was like..."can't afford too".... can you believe his real reason is because he hates Disney??? How can you hate Disney??? He doesn't even allow his 8 year old daughter to watch The Disney Channel... I'm like... :confused3....:eek: My son watches it almost 24/7.. if he's not playing the PS3 he's got Disney on. (That's MY boy!!)

If I had the money to do it, I'd go every year!!! But finances just aren't there! :sad2:

Ugh!!! This waiting a year and a month is just gonna KILL me!!!

More why, or how I was able to tell I'm obsessed.... I'm looking into EVERYTHING Disney now... even though my trip is that far off... looking for the best deals and ideas, lol.

When you start planning your trip for 2012 after you just finished your trip in 2009. Over New Years, I asked my kids where they want to eat and we ended up adding another day just to fit in all the places they wanted to try or revisit. I'm really excited they'll all be old enough to do TOT, RNR, TT, and hopefully Space Mountain will be open.

Also when you start every morning by visiting the dis boards. :rolleyes1

When, like others you have your own personal 15 hour playlist of Disney on your iPOD. So after you buy the CDs you can find on the Net or in WDW--you then spend hours and hours finding just the right songs to walk you around the parks on ITunes. I have Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner, Japanese Drumers for Japan and Yanni music for my walk across Innovations---yep I even have a chicken clucking, with light rain and thunder as I get on my Boat at "The Land". For MK it is a ragtime band down Main Street, then the marimba music for crossing the bridge to Adventure Land...you get the picture. So all I have to do is put on my earphones and I am transported to my happy place....I could go on, and on, and on, and on:cloud9:

I was having my blood pressure checked once and it was high...so the Dr. said, "go to your happy place and relax". It didn't go down becasue I was riding EE in my head.:eek:

Whenever you see a Disney commercial or classic song or even see a picture of anything Disney like you get all teary eyed and smile. And when you watch the Disney tour DVDs over and over even though you know the parks backword and forward. Oh and you get really defensive when people talk badly about Disney

My Dad and I do the same thing! We watch our Disney planning DVDs for fun and get all wound up when people say Disney is a waste of time and money. (Who would EVER say/think that!?)

At Christmastime this year, my boyfriend and I drove around town looking at the Christmas lights on the houses and talking about the first time we witnessed the dancing lights at DHS. That memory still brings a tear to my eye.

You all crack me up - it's so nice to 'hang out' with people who are similarly obsessed.

We're plotting to kill our current (front yard) grass in a hidden Mickey type pattern this year and plant a clearly contrasting grass (I think it's fescue or bermuda - I can never remember - it goes brown in the winter) in the Mickey area. It will probably give our home owners association a stroke :rotfl2:

Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up this year (December) - without telling dh, I was checking into doing a trip then (we always go in January or September). The same day I had decided to start checking into it as a surprise he whispered to me (so dd age 10 wouldn't hear) - "any chance we could go to Disney for our 20th?" :banana:

forgot to mention - a few years ago DD declared she was going to work for Disney when she turns 18 (she's now 10). She hasn't changed her mind (although she's very busy deciding exactly which job she wants down there!) so right now it looks like we might move to the area in about 8 years.....dh and I, under the current plan also "have" to work for Disney!

When someone asks where you are staying..you say AKL villas and then realize that you have to actually explain what AKL means.
Louise

Kasey Fan 05- I know what you mean about getting worked up about it. Or having people say that Disney is really childish and not mature enough for adults. I hate that. lol

love the pirate room... my daughters (done when poc 1 came out and she's now 20) is also based on poc and the question... what would captain jacks cabin look like? she went from taking up the carpet to put down wood flooring to look like planks and of course redid the entire room. glad we're not the only adults to do it. we also knew we were in trouble when we made a countdown page to the 180 days out to make our dining reservations.

Yesterday I was working on my math home work and there was a question envolving centermeters, when I saw the cm I thought cast members; instead of centameters. ;)

When you start setting up a Monorail around your christmas tree rather than some ordinary train. I did it:

4227197199_b98ceee0bf_b.jpg

4227198013_f4923c335b_b.jpg

Same thing we do every year:thumbsup2 We also have a castle topper for the top of the tree, and mickey lights and blow-ups for outside:thumbsup2

I think I know i'm obssessed when I look around my house. Every room as at least one thing disney in it and so much of my jewelary and bags are from disney:cutie: Also, when my trip is a month away and i start going crazy and join a disney forum:laughing:

Working out to the Disney planning DVD from 2007! Also, screaming out EPCOT!!! in your sleep! I have dreams nightly and no matter where I am Disney World is always there. :thumbsup2 HONESTLY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter