Your Typical DVC stay - which nights?

Which days of the week do you typically stay at a DVC Resort?

• Sunday to Thursday

• Sunday to Thursday plus 1 weekend night

• 7 nights

• More than 7 nights

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since we are new to DVC and havent had our first trip home yet!!! But I can tell you we will be Sat-Sat people. 7 nights----I dont see the changes affecting us much. We bought because we LOVE Disney. We bought knowing we would not stay in WDW every year (even though we have enough points to go once a year) We havent been to the world since April 06.....we were on DCL in 11/06 and 08/08, in 07 we took a non-Disney vacation with family.

In 09 we will be going 2x once on developer points at SSR and once home to AKV banking an additional 20 points into 2010. Since I will be in WDW in Dec 09 I dont anticipate going again in 2010.....I cant plan for 2010 until the school schedule comes out and that wont be until June. I am considering a 3-4 night Wonder cruise for 2010 (since we have only sailed on the Magic.)

We live in NY and usually drive. We flew once only beacuse the airfare was a steal. Usually the $$$ to fly and rent a car is more expensive then driving.

We usually do Sun-Thu, not only for the points savings but also to avoid big crowds. The balance of points is used by adding a couple of long week-ends Sat-Mon. If the new 2010 point chart remains the same, then I guess we'll have to make a few changes not so much in the days we visit but we may have to go to a 1 br rather than 2.

We bought thinking 7 nights Wed to Wed because of cheap flights.

We can still get cheap air Wed to Tues. But we will wait till we see the "final charts". :confused3

Sun - Thursday for us

I got a family member to buy points and they are always Sun-Thurs people.

We usually do Sun-Thurs, but now with the lower weekend points, we just might add a day or two. It always bugged me to spend so many more points just for weekends, unless we had to (like the time we had to stay 2 extra days in WDW because of a snowstorm in the east.) It really hurt to use points we didn't expect to, but I was glad we had them. I am a teacher so I am locked into going school vacations - the highest points. Now it is just DH & I so we do a studio. I feel badly for families not expecting the change in points and needing a larger room. Based on the poll, I guess that Disney adjusted the charts to increase overall weekend occupancy. For those that have the points, I'll bet they'll be adding at least one weekend day to their stay.

We're all over the place. We've done 4 nights all during the week. Sun-Thurs, 6 nights and 7 nights.

We have no rhyme or reason for any of it either.

My trips tend to be 8-10 nights and usually include days from 2 weekends.

All of my shorter trips have been over long weekends because if I am going to take off the entire week as vacation, I might as well add a few days.

We try to take several "long weekend" trips a year.....leave on Wednesday afternoon and return on Sunday. That way only miss 2 1/2 days of work, so the work doesn't pile up too bad. Plus, we can take several trips a year and spend more time at each park during the different stays.

We try to avoid staying both weekend nights if possible, but if we have to then we do.

We bought with the plan that we would do 10 nights with 2 weekend nights. But the reality of booking airline flights using miles caught up with us way before DVC changed its charts. Of the 5 vacation we have taken or planned since 2005, only 2 involved only 2 weekend nights and the other 3 all invovled 4 weekend nights. - Suzanne

Sun-Thurs of the following week. Only having one weekend in the reservation.11 nights 12 days.
But No longer!

We have been doing sun-thurs 2x per year with doing the weekend at POR usually with AP discount. However, with the new point allocation, it will cost us at least 40 more points per year.:sad2:

We're normally a Thurs-Mon. or Tues (usually) family. Flights for us are cheaper on thurs and tues. than flying down on a weekend--and using weekends saves DH precious vacation days at work

None of your options fit us. We generally do Wed or thurs to the next Mon or Tues. In other words, 5 or 6 days including a weekend.

That's us, too. (Only it is 4 or 5 nights around a weekend). :)

I usually used my points Sun-Thurs...and then pd DVC mbr cash rate for Fri and Sat nights.
This allowed me to travel 2x per year. No more....at least I won't have the AP/10 day no expiration debate anymore.
Kerri

This summer out fist trip as DVC members, but we are staying Sun to Thurs @ BWV then Fri and Sat at VB the ocean inn room, then back at Disney SSR Sun to Thu. We figure the pts were less and we can enjoy the beach :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter