Your Unpopular Opinions

I'm in total agreement on this. I "got to" quit work after the birth of our last child. And, sure enough, here come the demands for me to "work the book fair" "be room mom" "chaperone field trips" "can you come in tomorrow and read to the kids?" "work in the library" "help organize fund-raiser events". All because "since you now have all that time to do things". But no perk (as in, if I "volunteer" (or, rather, get guilted into it) to chaperon a field trip, why should I have to pay my admission fee to the (museum/zoo/whatever)?

See, I'm incognito - no one knows what I'm up to because I don't talk to that many people. I have yet to be tapped this year for anything! I volunteered early on and now I"m sitting back this year and relaxing! :)

Polenta sucks.
Quit wearing yoga pants EVERYWHERE! No one wants to see your camel toe. Ugh!! And we all know you didn't just come from a workout, you're eating a cronut.

I enjoy this very much.

OKay here's my collection of random thoughts that might get me banned (a little biased since I am a labor & delivery nurse):
- Mandatory drug testing for all on government assistance.
- Mandatory birth control for all on government assistance. Temporary (depo shots, IUD's) ok for the first year. After that permanent sterilization.
- Mandatory sterilization for anyone giving birth to a drug /alcohol affected child. You don't get do-overs when it comes to ruining people's lives.
- I hate Christmas music and pumpkin spice
- I think alot of homeschool kids are wierd. Nothing against homeschooling in general since I homeschool my daughter :thumbsup2.
- I think leggings look ridiculous on anyone and putrid on those over 150 pounds. And if you are going to wear them....WEAR A LONG SHIRT!
- I often wonder how women over 325ish pounds get pregnant. Like physically, how? :banana:
- If you are in a happy, committed relationship you should be having**grown up time** multiple times a week. :woohoo:Makes everyone happier.

I enjoy this very much.

OKay here's my collection of random thoughts that might get me banned (a little biased since I am a labor & delivery nurse):
- Mandatory birth control for all on government assistance. Temporary (depo shots, IUD's) ok for the first year. After that permanent sterilization.
- Mandatory sterilization for anyone giving birth to a drug /alcohol affected child. You don't get do-overs when it comes to ruining people's lives.
- I think alot of homeschool kids are wierd. Nothing against homeschooling in general since I homeschool my daughter :thumbsup2.
- I think leggings look ridiculous on anyone and putrid on those over 150 pounds. And if you are going to wear them....WEAR A LONG SHIRT!
- I often wonder how women over 325ish pounds get pregnant. Like physically, how? :banana:
- If you are in a happy, committed relationship you should be having**grown up time** multiple times a week. :woohoo:Makes everyone happier.
I am lmao at some of these. The bottom 3 especially. Being in the Midwest, we see some interesting women in leggings. Most of the time you can hear the threads screaming it's so stretched.

ALSO.
Women who make their birth the single biggest deal of their life. Don't you have a hobby besides planning and blogging your birth? I literally saw a birth plan the other day where somebody put "Our baby is to hear our voice first." Do you REALLY think that is going to matter in the grand scheme of life? Probably not. But it sure will make the entire delivery process awkward for the staff who is trying to remember that you enforced the silent game during your birth.

I enjoy this very much.

How about leggings just for kids. Unless the adult is actually at the gym in the process of working out, with a long shirt on.

:mad:
But a good breeder always has in their contract that the dog must be returned to them if the owners can no longer keep it. So, good breeders completely eliminate dumping and rehoming.

Yes, that is true. I just aquired a 9 year old dog that was returned to her breeder. 9 years old!!! :mad: But unfortunately most people don't get their animals from reputable breeders.

ALSO.
Women who make their birth the single biggest deal of their life. Don't you have a hobby besides planning and blogging your birth? I literally saw a birth plan the other day where somebody put "Our baby is to hear our voice first." Do you REALLY think that is going to matter in the grand scheme of life? Probably not. But it sure will make the entire delivery process awkward for the staff who is trying to remember that you enforced the silent game during your birth.

:laughing::rotfl2:

Seriously, I have to know if that is even possible. Would someone actually tell a doctor he could not speak until they have spoken?

She can and she did! She didn't deliver on our shift but we were all paranoid she would and just kept picturing ourselves blurting out totally inappropriate things we would not usually say JUST because we were trying not to say anything. And for a delivery there are usually 2-4 staff member in the room (Dr, nurses, techs) making sure, you know, that everyone is safe during baby's transition into the world. It's not like we are talking about the latest Kardashian gossip during your delivery:confused3.

She can and she did! She didn't deliver on our shift but we were all paranoid she would and just kept picturing ourselves blurting out totally inappropriate things we would not usually say JUST because we were trying not to say anything. And for a delivery there are usually 2-4 staff member in the room (Dr, nurses, techs) making sure, you know, that everyone is safe during baby's transition into the world. It's not like we are talking about the latest Kardashian gossip during your delivery:confused3.

I officially feel like I have heard it all now...thank you!:rotfl:

And this is why the world is going in the direction it is, nut jobs like this. I feel bad for the kid already.

I have absolutely no interest in Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. (It's not dislike, just no interest whatsoever.)

AGREE! Haven't read the books and don't have any interest in the series. *cough* Star Wars also. :blush:

ETA: Add Vinylmation to that list. I don't get it and they look wierd.

Last edited:
Hmm--I am surprised someone registered (or created an alias?) just to post their unpopular opinions here!

Anyway, another one from me:

I think that if you drink at all, but refuse to do so in the presence of your kids/teens you are just teaching your children that hiding alcohol consumption is normal and OK--you're not teaching them not to drink (and if you do drink, why would you want to teach that anyway?) and certainly not how to drink responsibly.

I feel it is far better for kids to be exposed to adults drinking responsibility and see that example as they grow up. And if someone in the group of adults occasionally drinks too much and is irresponsible? Well, showing them the example of how you handle that a few times is not a bad thing either--I can almost guarantee they will be faced with it some day and having memories of parents packing up and leaving when a party started to get out of hand, or taking the keys from someone and setting them up on the sofa for the night, etc might help them deal with whatever they are faced with in that moment.

Last edited:
Me too! Ice cream with cake = texture yuck, and a sloppy mess..
I agree with this one too but as I said not a huge fan of cake.

Now ice cream cake (which is really just ice cream with some topping layers formed in the shape of a cake, not part cake/part ice cream) is amazing. Mom had to buy me these for my birthday since I didn't want cake.

I seriously question the "moon landing" and many other things we are taught to believe. I believe the government has many agendas and secrets that regular people have no clue about. More secrets are not leaked because they will kill those the expose those secrets.

I hate that people assume that if you have been married awhile your going to have kids. I have been married for a number of years now, however I don't have kids.

I don't like people asking about it though because in real life no I really don't want to tell you how I tried for a few years but with PCOS and having to be on drugs just to have a period and a number of other issues that the only way I'm going to be able to conceive is with IVF, which we aren't sure we want to do. We are waiting now and deciding if we want to go down the path or if we are ok with being childless.

Send your kid to kindergarten when they are of age. Don't hold them back a year to "give them an advantage". A big pet peeve of mine that certainly is against the norm nowadays- DD was almost 2 full years younger than some of her classmates in elementary school because we sent her to kindergarten based on her birthday, while others held their kids back (then they still had to repeat a grade). And then one of her teachers criticized her for being "less mature than some of her classmates". Of course she is- she is the correct age for her grade and other kids should be 2 grades up!!
Plastic surgery should only be allowed for medical reasons. Just because you are unhappy with the look of your nose (for example) does not mean you should be allowed to get it surgically fixed.

I was so glad my kids were born after the cut off date. When I left California, the cut off was Dec. 2nd, which I personally think is way too late. One of my kids was born on Dec. 16th, thankfully two weeks after the cut off, but potentially a child could be born 14 days before he was and be in the grade ahead. Crazy IMO. I think the cut off should be when school starts, or right around Sept. 1st.

I hate that people assume that if you have been married awhile your going to have kids. I have been married for a number of years now, however I don't have kids.

I don't like people asking about it though because in real life no I really don't want to tell you how I tried for a few years but with PCOS and having to be on drugs just to have a period and a number of other issues that the only way I'm going to be able to conceive is with IVF, which we aren't sure we want to do. We are waiting now and deciding if we want to go down the path or if we are ok with being childless.

Unless it was immediate family, I can't imagine ever asking someone married for a while without kids if they are planning on having them someday. I may ask if they have kids, but if I got a "no", I'd never probe any deeper asking "why". That's riskier than seeing what looks like a 4 month baby bump and asking about a due date. There's basically 4 options:
1) We don't want children
2) Yes, we're going to xxx (sometime in future)
3) We're trying
4) We can't

1,2 and 50% of #3 would probably be volunteered with the initial question. The rest, if not volunteered are potentially far to painful to bring up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter