Your Vacation Box

Ok so I already packed a bag of clearance Christmas stuff and want to start another box of random stuff too.

Out of curiosity, what is the over the door shoe organizer for?

Thanks for any ideas :thumbsup2

In my box:

All of our Ears
DDs themed dress for our Ohana Dinner
New Tees for DS
Over the door shoe organizer
New Cindy Dress for DD's BBB appt
Huge Beach Towel

Need to get:

Colored Sharpies
Laundry Bag
Zip Lock Bags
Hand Sanatizer
Snacks
Breakfast Foods

we also pack a small package of baby wipes to clean up the kids after they eat ice cream and they are also good to wipe yourself down when your hot and sweaty and a small bottle of clorox anywhere spray to wipe off tables be for we eat , some glow stix's and Disney stickers we let the kids hand out the stickers to other kids before the parade

I use the handi wipes that are anti-bac. That way I can clean off the yuck from the CS tables too.

Our trip is in just a month and I've just started.

If I may, what is moleskin?? Notepads?

Moleskin is this great sticky stuff for blisters prevention. It's sooo much stickier than a bandaid and will not shift in your shoes. I know where my blister-prone spots, so when I get up in the am, I go ahead and bind them up with the mole skin. I think i get the band aid brand. You do need scissors to cut shapes out though. It comes in a big square sheet.

Ok so I already packed a bag of clearance Christmas stuff and want to start another box of random stuff too.

Out of curiosity, what is the over the door shoe organizer for?

Thanks for any ideas :thumbsup2

The shoe organizer is for the bathroom. You hang it on the door to the bathtub and store all your countertop items on it. With 4+ people in a room trying to get ready at one sink, the mess can really pile up.

love this thread - please keep it active.

My 'box' is a soft cloth sided large rectangle which will fit on the top shelf of the closet when we finally get back to WDW. I bought it on sale from Lands End on-line.
I took a Mickey stamp and ink stamped red Mickeys on the off-white sides for decorations. There is yellow trim on the 'box'. We will bring our box with us to use in the resort room closet.

So far I have only zip lock bags to use during the summer rainy days.
I will start to add items per this thread.

Thanks!

Love, love, love these! They're in my box now!

These Table Toppers are great for babies who don't cooperate with bowls/plates yet, and moms who don't want their babies eating off of the table. I've also seen them in a plastic dispenser similar to a travel wipes dispenser. I've only seen the Sesame Street version at Target and Babies R Us, but apparently they make Pooh and Friends!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3029061

we also pack a small package of baby wipes to clean up the kids after they eat ice cream and they are also good to wipe yourself down when your hot and sweaty and a small bottle of clorox anywhere spray to wipe off tables be for we eat , some glow stix's and Disney stickers we let the kids hand out the stickers to other kids before the parade

That is sooo sweet! :hug:

Love this thread! I didn't even realize that I have been collecting things here and there and just shoving them in my closet! I'd rather make a nice official Disney box so it all stays organized!!
Some of the things I have or that I would include would be:

Air freshner/febreeze (I like when things smell really good!)
Pop Up Hamper
Over the Shoe storage
Similiar to the shoe storage, there is that stackable bin thing that hangs in a closet. Can't think of the name of it, but I have one. It collapses though so its easy to pack, yet it provides a lot of extra storage for clothes! You can put each outfit of the week in one section :)
Snacks-Chex Mix, Pringles, Granola bars, pop tarts, cereal
Magazines
A little first aid kit
Extra brush, old hair straightner, curling iron, toilettries, etc.
Glow Sticks
Tape
Stuff to decorate the room with
tape
Extra Power Strip
I know theres more! It's getting late though and I can't think ! :surfweb:

I'm suprised no one said mugs!?
I save those trip after trip until they're too worn out and I have to get new ones lol..

So far this is what is in my Mickey tote bag for the trip:

*5 boxes of Disney fruit snacks
*Campbell's Disney soups
*my hipster bag for the days we'll be doing a lot of walking
*hangers with clips for drying swimsuits
*an over the door organizer
*a giant Mickey pen for autographs (found at Dollar Tree)
*autograph book (it's actually a Disneyland Paris one that I found brand new at the thrift store for 80 cents, LOL ~ the only signature in it is Mickey on the first page)
*some Disney game books and the Disney Scene It cards for passing the time,
*glow bracelets from Dollar Tree
*some Monsters, Inc. sandwich bags for odds and ends (just bought these because they were cute, LOL)
*Alice in Wonderland book from Dollar Spot at Target which I will be asking Alice to sign for DD15.
*a small tension rod for extra hanging space in a doorway (saw that tip here on the Dis and it is a good one!)

I'll be keeping up on what everyone else is taking and adding things in that seem like a good idea for us ~ so many good ideas here! :goodvibes

I use a big wicker basket that fits in the well of my van. So far

Febreeze
Purex laundry sheets
box of garbage bags
box of Ziplock bags (bigger size)
2 toothbrush holders
power strip/surge protector
rain ponchos
mister fan bottles
water bottles with carabiners attached
box of glass cleaner wipes
air freshener ( hotel bathrooms are way too close to the living room!!)
over the door shoe organizer
small dish liquid (we always stay in a suite)
roll of paper towels

I seem to add to it every day...26 days to go!!:cool1:

We are not going until the fall but I have already started to make lists of things to be picking up as summer approaches. This is a GREAT thread and I will now be getting a Disney specific rubber maid to hold things. I love to read what everyone else has to get ideas. Thanks for starting this. Awesome.

Thanks to this thread, I have gotten more organized this week and have added to my box: cereal, poptarts, drinks, more ponchos, a Princess swimsuit and flip flops for dd, Purex laundry sheets, glow necklaces, and some Easter stuff! :rotfl:

Well, I don't have an official box started yet but I do have a few things put aside. Since our trip is a surprise, I have been putting stuff in a drawer to give them as we are driving there. I have some freebies I got online...1. a set of luggage tags with my DD and Belle on them..2. A set of personalized maps of the parks, and I am waiting on a photo book of our day in Epcot last year. It's a start!

Wow, I guess I need to start a box... we go in May!

So far I just have sunblock for DD :laughing: Well, I have a few things to make a book (stickers, clear sleeves, binder, pictures) for DD for when we get there to show her all the things that we're going to do - she doesn't know about the trip.

On my list to get:
ponchos
fan spritzers
baby wipes
snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, water, fruit...)
band aids/neosporin/aspirin... for me and her :thumbsup2
glow sticks
sharpies
autograph book

I'm sure I'll add more things as I find them!

Oooooh! I just finished compiling all the practical Disney tips I found in that really loooooong thread here in this forum but I'm going to add another section to my file that has Vacation Box suggestions. :thumbsup2

And to think I thought I was the only nut that does this!

We have a laundry basket with:
some travel size toothpaste and floss from our last dentist visit
little hand gel, shampoo, etc
plastic baskets to hold various stuff in out room
stroller rain cover, stroller gate check bag
various plastic zipper bags to pack in (like the ones sheets come packaged in)
travel sized tubes of motrin
disney hair bands
a 6 pack of water (we had a great coupon, we'll add more later)
bandaids, blister pads, blister stick, neosporin
mini fans
a roll up cosmetic bag to hang on the back of the stroller
sharpies
heavy paper towels that I made into pre-soaped disposable dishcloths
My Minne Ears headband, Bianca's lime green Mickey ear hat!

We go in June (after a few warm months at home) so I can't pre-pack clothes- last year we went in May so I felt confident pre-packing bathing suits and a selection of summer outfits since we didn't need much before then.

I'll keep an eye out for sales or coupons and add Gatorade G2 packets, Propel packets, granola bars, dried fruit, ranch dip cups, snack packs, etc as I buy them.

Wow! I really need to get a move on! My trips on April 12th! I have quite a few things together, they're just all over my room....
-Both of my ear hats
-spray fans
-ponchos
-bathing suits
-beach towels
-sunscreen
-tanning lotion
-shoes
-bandaids
I have a ton of other stuff...I just don't remember what! I'll be heading up to my room to start my box tonight!!!

Went to FL and they had marked down their travel products, all in date too! I got some aloe (just in case we do get a sunburn) and pepto. We already have our ponchos, mistin fans, fanny pack in our tote.

I've got clothes on layaway for the kids(if they get them now, they want to wear them PLUS I don't have to pay all of it up front)

**Thanks for the reminder. I need to buy some bodyglide.

Great Idea! I just throw stuff in my suitcase so its there when i go to pack :)
so far I have

*travel toothpaste
*travel shampoo & conditoner (took me forever to find my brand in mini, now i refill from the bigger bottles)
*moleskin (I have yet to need it, but just in case)
*shout wipes
*chapstick
*mini hand lotion
*travel q tips
*a couple floss piks
*ziplock bagies + one big freezer bag for swimsuit
*trading pins
*mini antibacterial (bath & body) with a rubbercase
*contact stuff
*face sunscreen
*spray sunscreen
*hair clips
*1 new outfit
*LUSH bar soap & tin
*allergy/dustmite pillow case
*baby wipes/anti bac wipes

I love the idea of address labels!

My box includes:

-"Birthday Girl" T-shirt
-mini-fans
-car adapter for DVD player
-cash envelope (putting $100 in there each time I get paid for spending money)
-glow necklaces/bracelets
-custom maps
-Snow white DVD (going to buy a couple Disney DVDs for the 12 hour drive down there!)

Need:
-Travel bag (looking at a Vera Bradley hipster)
-Ponchos
-MNSSHP Ticket
-Snacks, bottled water

My trip isn't until September either! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter