Yuck! The decor of the new BLT rooms

I love the décor. I think modern retro-chic is in keeping with the Contemporary Resort theme. Isn’t the diversity available in DVC is one of its strengths? We own points at three distinctly different resorts, ones we love.

I prefer the decor at the new rooms at CR, too. Like the other poster pointed out. It's just a few aspects that I don't particularly care for. In the grand scheme I don't think it's "butt ugly."

I liked the simplicity and streamlined decor of BLT but I felt that it lacked the magic of the other resorts. My husband disagreed and said that the true magic is out the window! The view of the MK castle is supposed to be pretty wonderful and so perhaps he is right.

I have always liked the modern style because it is relaxing; free of clutter and simple.

I liked the simplicity and streamlined decor of BLT but I felt that it lacked the magic of the other resorts. My husband disagreed and said that the true magic is out the window! The view of the MK castle is supposed to be pretty wonderful and so perhaps he is right.

I have always liked the modern style because it is relaxing; free of clutter and simple.

I like the decor, at least what I can see of it. I agree that one thing I like is all the resorts have a unique feel, and this couldn't be more different from AKV (which is too dark to me). Lots of people (like friends I travelled with in May that I tried to get excited about BLT) just hate the whole look about the Contemporary, but it will always bring back memories to me of my first trip in 1972 as a 6-year-old. I'm in, and I don't care if others hate it! :lovestruc

This must be the rip the new hotel thread. WE SEE THIS EVERY TIME. I am so glad SSR is off the hook. See you guys at the next hotel (Hawaii maybe?)

:dance3:

I don't "hate" it but I like the theming to throw up on me (like at AKL or VWL) this is kind of generic. IMHO.

I don't "hate" it but I like the theming to throw up on me (like at AKL or VWL) this is kind of generic. IMHO.
:rotfl: I haven't quite heard it described that way before! :rotfl:

This must be the rip the new hotel thread. WE SEE THIS EVERY TIME. I am so glad SSR is off the hook. See you guys at the next hotel (Hawaii maybe?

So true!

I like the variety in the themes. I found BLT to very 70ish! I love the Space Mountain pictures over the dining area.

Not trying to rip the hotel just stating an opinion. We were considering doing an add-on there but I don't think we will now. I do think it is "butt ugly" and it's just not appealing to me whatsoever. I agree the location and amenities are attractive but the room decor is not what I expected at all. I was hoping for something comparable to a Universal Hard Rock Hotel "Contemporary style" not a George Jetson 70's theme- very disappointed.

I may be in the minority here, but I really love it!!! We had not planned on buying in, but I really like the feel of it. It has that retro futuristic Jetson's thing going on. I also like the fact that it is totally different from our first home resort AKV. Now the big question is how many points do we need!!!!!!!

I like it too! It's tacky retro..but I like it. I had no interest previously and won't buy there since I still want to buy at GCV, but one day would like to stay there.

This must be the rip the new hotel thread. WE SEE THIS EVERY TIME. I am so glad SSR is off the hook. See you guys at the next hotel (Hawaii maybe?)

Too funny!!!

To answer the OP, I don't dislike the rooms. As someone else mentioned, I really don't take the decor into account when I pick a resort. I'm more concerned with new and clean and rooms that are not tattered or weathered. I love the look of the BLT rooms, but I also like the "Room and Board" type looking furniture. I'm not much of a classic furnishings person but I enjoy it in a resort as well b/c it's different from what I'd choose and it's part of my vacation experience. As I said, most important to me?....clean and updated, whatever the style!

Happy DVC planning - wherever you choose to stay!

I am seriously considering an add-on at BLT. Though, I also think the pictures of the decor is U-G-L-Y ....ugly. :rolleyes1 :sad2:

On my way to the SSR in October and will check out the unit myself though, I suspect I'll still do an add-on.

Magicdad

I really like the look. But in the end it is location, location, location. For thoes of us who are MK fans this is great. Just did a 100 point addon.

I don't like the decor, but we want to be close to MK, where we spend most of our time. I guess it doesn't matter what the decor is, it's location location location for us. That being said, I wish the decor was less modern, but that'd not fit in with the theme....

We just added on at Bay Lake!!

The decor is in line with what I'd expect. The hidden Mickeys are a lot of fun. (Comforter, etc..)

But can anyone defend / explain the horrible lighting design?
I thought great lighting effects like spots washing walls and illuminating specific artwork.. Instead BLT has large glowing rectilinear forms that create glare. Where's the indirect lighting? Where's the pleasant lighting effects?

Where can I view the pictures?
See my photos here. :)

For those of you with an open mind, my guide told me that there has been some discussion that the actual rooms may have a slightly different color palette.

That makes me sad, because I loved the gorgeous colors! That blue color is the best ever! The design is genius. The furniture and space planning are awesome! The artwork is j'adorable! :lovestruc
But one of the CMs told me the model has been ready for over a year, so there will probably be changes from when it was created, alas.

People with "different" tastes or no sense of or appreciation for design might not like it, but they can always stay somewhere else, as has been pointed out.

DH says it is sleek, brilliant, well-thought-out, and a great use of space, particularly the kitchen.

I think it is themed beautifully, and can imagine Tom Morrow and family living or vacationing there :)

We just added on at Bay Lake!!

When we saw the models on Thursday they said they wouldn't start selling until Sunday. Guess they stepped up their plans. They have only had the go-ahead to admit the construction was a DVC property since this past Monday.

The decor?

hmmm, It seemed pretty laid back to me, but not quite sterile. I think it would hold up much better than something like AKV.

To me, AK's decor seems way over the top, almost childishly themed. I think that would get old very quickly- however, my wife thought it was great. She likes BCV, I prefer BW.

lol- hey wait- maybe Disney has all these different properties for a reason?

:rotfl2:

What I like is that each resort is unique in its theming offering different choices for different tastes! :) I haven't been unhappy with a resort yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter