ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Spent the day yesterday at Typhoon Lagoon. By far the better of the two watermarks for families. We tried both TL and BB this trip and while BB family raft ride is way better than at TL, TL had more smaller raft rides and single slides than BB and TL surf pool is AWESOME!

We arrived at 10 am and spent the whole day there with no trouble finding things to fill the day. The only slide the kids hated was humunga cowabunga as it shoots you straight down (and gives one heck of a wedgie lol ) but we rode everything in the park except the little kiddie area as my kids are too tall for that (48inches max)

Crush n gusher was awesome and we rode that 6 times lol! Park was busy but wait times still were 10-15 mins for most slides.

Once back at the resort we fed the kids and sent them to watch Peter Pan by the pool while we did laundry and packed for our resort switch! Our friends came by the resort last night for a visit and i finally got my baby fix with her new baby boy!

Headed to Boardwalk today :-) First up though we're renting a surrey bike and going around CBR for our photo ops. Lol. Have a great day everyone!

We did BB on Monday and TL on Tuesday. By FAR, we preferred TL over BB (the guys even enjoyed the TL slides better than BB, which we expected would be the opposite). We agree about the surf pool.....sooooo much fun! The winter theming at BB did absolutely nothing for us. While it was well done, we much prefer the tropical vibe to the ice and snow. But of course, we get the real stuff enough during the year that that's probably why it held little appeal.

We rented loungers at both waterparks, and were glad we did. It was nice having our own private, reserved space when we needed to get out of the sun.

Today is our final full day in Orlando. We're off to breakfast with Mickey at the Poly this morning.

We just got home late last night. We spent 5 days in the park and had a great time. We had no problem with the power outage that other people had on the 28th We were in three parks that day and had no problems.

It was a great vacation and work starts back for me on Tuesday. Dh officially starts retirement that day.

Off to get unpacked.

Just an update here

If you are trying to move FP+ times and experiences around they are having problems with it. Here with a CM right now and she has no idea what is wrong.

Ok anouther update

Said they forgot to update their system last night and It was supposed to be up by 9 but it isn't.

Ok update to the update...
They gave me a FP for any FP attraction since I am unable to make any changes at this time but told me to keep checking.

Just an update here

If you are trying to move FP+ times and experiences around they are having problems with it. Here with a CM right now and she has no idea what is wrong.

Ok anouther update

Said they forgot to update their system last night and It was supposed to be up by 9 but it isn't.

Ok update to the update...
They gave me a FP for any FP attraction since I am unable to make any changes at this time but told me to keep checking.

Thanks for the update. We may head out later and I need to make some changes.

Back home after a great vacation. Was so sad to leave today. I'll have to write up a full report in a few days.

I just got home from an amazing vacation. Old Key West Resort was so much better than I even imagined. So far my FAVORITE resort.

The whole time we kept saying we are going to become DVC members so we can take vacations like this every year! Right now we go as guests of a friend.

We had an awesome time with our friends and granddaughter, they left a couple of hours before we did, and our granddaughter cried when they walked away (she is almost 2). My heart just broke, and I started crying too.

It's kinda sad to think that I was standing in the middle of Disney (yes, the circles in EPCOT that marks the center of Disney World) just a few short hours ago!

Well another August has come and gone. DH and I had an AMAZING vacation as usual but when we were on the "tragical express" (as we call it on the way home in my family) I totally cried a little. I was showing less resilance than the kids on the bus lol. I was pretty bummed about being home until DH and I booked our next year's vacation:cool1:. So I am already in full swing planning mode for AUG 2014 hahaha. What can I say, it keeps me going. I wish I could afford to go more than once but the airfare is just to much and I can't take off the time from work to drive down. But that's ok I have Christmas to look forward to:santa: then it's really only 6 months away once Feb hits haha.

Sad it's our last night here and kinda happy to go home all at the same time... While I love WDW and all the magic my feet need a break and I want my own bed lol!

I was amazed while packing tonight that we're going home with only one more bag than we arrived with (my Dooney lol) and I've got my fingers crossed the others are not over weight!

Kids are finally snoring away and it seems I get to take the end of vacation cold home with me :-(

Had a great time, only 356 days til we get to do it all over again! Will share some of our favourite pics once we return home and upload the cameras and the photo pass arrives, but will likely only share on Facebook as I don't have photobucket to share here.

Well, it's officially Sept. 1st and our trip is over. :(. We are sitting at a border crossing (for an hour now). :confused3 We had a great trip and we are bouncing back next August! :banana:

We'll be leaving in a few short hours and heading home :( the post-Disney depression has already set in. Don't make me go back to real life!

We left yesterday morning for a 10:30am flight to Philadelphia with one stop in Chicago. We are now on a train out of Philadelphia to our hometown. We couldn't land in Chicago because of bad storms, got deverted to Indianapolis for an hour and miss our flight to Philly by 10mins. All flights fully booked to Philly til Monday. Hotels were packed. So we rented a car and drove 11 hrs through the night and we are almost home. Crazy but glad we did it. Here's to a trip full of great memories and some not so great. Hope everyone had a good trip.

So sad! It's almost 3 weeks ago that we did the rind trip to the happiest place and we've been home just over a week now. Glad the FB page is going strong but depressed that this one is fazing out. I wish we had another trip planned but I shouldn't complain since we are DCL booked for next July.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm so glad to hear you all had such wonderful trips!!:goodvibes
I am sorry the post vacation blues are setting in. We had a wonderful week at the cottage (if you recall we cancelled our August trip to get our puppy). Our puppy is absolutely wonderful and we love him to pieces. I will admit when he's being especially bad or biting my toes I may mutter "I cancelled Disney for you..be good":lmao:.

Now we're in back to school mode for Tuesday. The kids still have no idea we are going in December and I spent the evening reading about ways to surprise them:santa:

So it's 103 days until we fly to Orlando. I'll miss this group. You're the best planners on the Dis and I hope we get the opportunity to plan together again. I'll be watching for your posts and can't wait to see your trip pictures.:)

So when is everyone going back? I'm going in December with my dad. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again and go home to Saratoga Springs! :love:

I'm so glad to hear you all had such wonderful trips!!:goodvibes
I am sorry the post vacation blues are setting in. We had a wonderful week at the cottage (if you recall we cancelled our August trip to get our puppy). Our puppy is absolutely wonderful and we love him to pieces. I will admit when he's being especially bad or biting my toes I may mutter "I cancelled Disney for you..be good":lmao:.

Now we're in back to school mode for Tuesday. The kids still have no idea we are going in December and I spent the evening reading about ways to surprise them:santa:

So it's 103 days until we fly to Orlando. I'll miss this group. You're the best planners on the Dis and I hope we get the opportunity to plan together again. I'll be watching for your posts and can't wait to see your trip pictures.:)

Glad to hear you're doing we'll pigletto! Have you shared puppy pics yet?

So when is everyone going back? I'm going in December with my dad. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again and go home to Saratoga Springs! :love:

We're tentatively booked for Aug 2014 (20-31) at POR with free dining BB. Hoping we can make it work, it's WDW or DL for us next year.

Returned home tonight after a long day of travel with blocked sinuses! It was slightly painful even after taking the decongestants. Glad to be done with travel but missing Disney already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter