ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Just a quick post to say hello and second the comments of several that this has been just the BEST group to plan with and I will definitely miss you all, since I'm not on FaceBook. :upsidedow

We had a blast on our trip and have been home just over a week. I had my Team August LGMH tag on my backpack the whole 12 days and only bumped into one other (Hi OregonMom! It was great to meet you!) the whole time, and that was on our departure morning! Oh well. I hope others were able to meet up in person.

Some firsts for us this year: Wishes Dessert Party - we loved it and will probably do it again. YUMMY and awesome location for fireworks, no worry about weather or pushing/shoving for spots. Loved it. Illuminations Cruise - loved this too but it was pricey and probably a one-time thing. It was really awesome, though and we were happy to have done it.

We are already booked for next year - August 2-9 at BLT. We are also hoping to book July 27 - August 1 at OKW, but can't do that until December when our 7-month booking window opens.

Hope you are all able to deal with the Post-Disney-Blues. Planning the next visit, no matter how far away, always helps!

So we are back for 3 days now and yesterday the kids and I were singing songs about wanting to be back in disney. We had such a wonderful time. BC was amazing...the location can't be beat. We stayed CL for the first time and while it was nice to have and convenient I think we have decided that it is something we could do if we get a good discount but would not be disappointed if we did not do it. My DD3 had the time of her life meeting every single princess with rapunzel being her favorite. It was so awesome to watch her each time she saw a princess. My DS5 was a good sport about all of the princesses and was able to ride splash mountain and thunder mountain for the first time. He loved it so much! We are not sure when we are going back. Probably not next summer as we already have other vacation plans. But we hoping for maybe early Nov of next year. It has been a blast planning with all of you...you are a fabulous group of people!

I will definitely check this out! It was great meeting you at Akershus!

And a few puppy pics for those who asked. The second is my ds9 feeding him some peanut butter:goodvibes

Soooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

We arrived home late Saturday night. Spent 13 nights at CBR in Jamaica 45 and loved the atmosphere and quietness of this resort. The bussing was never longer than 15 mins apart and were never crowded except one trip back from DTD late in the eve.

We then spent 3 nights at BWI with a boardwalk view. The room was a long walk from the elevators on the 3rd floor. We were right above cat kora restaurant. The view was nice, though we couldn't see fireworks from our room. The boardwalk had lots of activities and entertainers during the evening, late at night it was very loud. It was hard to sleep with all the noise. The busses t,o DTD, MK and AK shared with S/D, BC/YC, Aand BW. They were very crowded and spaced more than 20 mins apart. The bonus was walking to EPcot. That was the big highlight for us.

We booked BB for next August with FD and now have a whole year to plan lol.

Kids off to school and me off to a new job starting today! Happy September everyone!

I'm really kind of surprised that I didn't run into anyone from here while I was there. I know I had a couple of matching reservations and park days as others but it's a big World so maybe it's not such a surprise. :confused3

Regardless it's been a blast chatting with everyone here and on the facebook page and it looks like that is still going strong. I'll be editing my pictures on photopass here shortly and still working on organizing my photos and videos from the trip. I'm hoping to make a video out of what I took, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm really kind of surprised that I didn't run into anyone from here while I was there. I know I had a couple of matching reservations and park days as others but it's a big World so maybe it's not such a surprise. :confused3

Regardless it's been a blast chatting with everyone here and on the facebook page and it looks like that is still going strong. I'll be editing my pictures on photopass here shortly and still working on organizing my photos and videos from the trip. I'm hoping to make a video out of what I took, but we'll see how that goes.

I tried to find you at Ohana!! Even asked a guy if he was you. LOL

I just started my trip report earlier today for anyone who is interested in following along. Click on the link in my signature and it will take you there :) .

I looked for LGMH's but didn't see anyone either :-( will have to try harder to set up a gathering next time :-(

hello team Aug. family!! ok, so true to my word earlier (much earlier) I did finally get up the guts to start a channel on youtube. I am reviewing a bunch of Disney resturants and snacks (one place a week) over the course of the year with pictures and review catigories. now I know that all of you on this thread are experts but if you wanna watch me and give me the hits I would be supper grateful! Also, I'm very nervous about mean comments (cuz yea it is still youtube) so if i give a resturant you like a review you don't I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!:scared: Welp I hope you who view it like it and find it a little bit of Disney at home cuz hey, that's basically the only reason i'm doing it lol. To find my channel just look up "Eating My Ears" on youtube! Or use this handy dandy link lol http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXUYxe1p4YgXSAl8CqtTXNQ

I subscribed! I will go back and watch as soon as I finish a little more housework. :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Soooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

We arrived home late Saturday night. Spent 13 nights at CBR in Jamaica 45 and loved the atmosphere and quietness of this resort. The bussing was never longer than 15 mins apart and were never crowded except one trip back from DTD late in the eve.

We then spent 3 nights at BWI with a boardwalk view. The room was a long walk from the elevators on the 3rd floor. We were right above cat kora restaurant. The view was nice, though we couldn't see fireworks from our room. The boardwalk had lots of activities and entertainers during the evening, late at night it was very loud. It was hard to sleep with all the noise. The busses t,o DTD, MK and AK shared with S/D, BC/YC, Aand BW. They were very crowded and spaced more than 20 mins apart. The bonus was walking to EPcot. That was the big highlight for us.

We booked BB for next August with FD and now have a whole year to plan lol.

Kids off to school and me off to a new job starting today! Happy September everyone!

I am so surprised we never ran into each other. We were in Jamaica 41! We stayed at the Beach Club last year. I agree with you about the bussing. It was much better at CBR than it was at Beach Club. We also booked the bounceback. I couldn't pass up free dining. We will be there Aug 20 through 29. The kids wanted more than one day at home before school starts next year. Yesterday was rough trying to unpack and get ready for school which started today.

This has been a great thread and I've gotten so much wonderful information from all of you.

Pigletto, your new puppy is absolutly adorable!

Well everyone, we hope you had a magical stay, gather all your personal belongings, take small children by the hand, and watch your step as you disembark the motorcoach. ( I think disembark is my new favorite word! :rotfl2: )

Well everyone, we hope you had a magical stay, gather all your personal belongings, take small children by the hand, and watch your step as you disembark the motorcoach. ( I think disembark is my new favorite word! :rotfl2: )

Everytime I heard that phrase I would chuckle because it always sounded like "take small children by the hair" to me! :rotfl2:

I am so surprised we never ran into each other. We were in Jamaica 41! We stayed at the Beach Club last year. I agree with you about the bussing. It was much better at CBR than it was at Beach Club. We also booked the bounceback. I couldn't pass up free dining. We will be there Aug 20 through 29. The kids wanted more than one day at home before school starts next year. Yesterday was rough trying to unpack and get ready for school which started today.

This has been a great thread and I've gotten so much wonderful information from all of you.

Pigletto, your new puppy is absolutly adorable!

I know our schedules matched with a few from here but no luck seeing anyone!

I'm debating dropping one day from the end but adding 3 days at the beginning for universal again.

Last Sunday when we arrived home I loaded all our photopass numbers onto the old photopass site. I viewed them quickly to notice only a few were missing and that we had a couple photos of a little boy in animal kingdom and a family in epcot that weren't ours. :cool1:

Got those deleted and the missing ones sorted through their "lost photos" link. I've been busy all week but had heard they got a new "my photopass" site. Logged in tonight to be redirected to the new site and none of my photo's being uploaded. :headache::sad1:

I spent the time and re uploaded the numbers into the new site to find missing photos again missing, and about 30 photos that belonged to another family (the same family and in different parks on different days then us) Was extremely frustrated! :mad::headache:

I emailed them and have not heard back, though I posted on our august FB page and Julie helped me out sharing the link back to the Old site!

I went back to the old site and sure enough all my photos were there and none of that other family's photos were there. I decided to spend the two hours tonight editing them and getting it ordered before any other people show up on my account lol...

Anyone ever had when they get their cd to have wrong photos on that? Cause right now I'm envisioning the cd arriving with all the wrong photos on it and not being able to access my pictures at that time will be a big pain! Here's to hoping my CD arrives before the cut off date online Just in case :rolleyes1

I have never had anyone else's photo's appear on my cd. This is the 4th time I've ordered photopass cd. I still have not had a chance to get on there to look at my pics from this year. It is on today's list of things to do. If i have any problems, I know who to ask. :)

I had a couple of pictures of another family show up on my Photopass. They were in line in front of us to meet Mulan.

I guess I need to order my CD. I've edited everything, just haven't put the CD in my cart yet.

Speaking of wrong Photopass+ CDs...

I opened up the one I ordered and it's of a different family!

I'm hoping someone here might have mine? I have no idea what to do, but I'm a mess thinking that it's highly likely my photos are gone forever, since they are now expired :(

I'd love to return the CD I have to the right family as well. Because this feeling SUCKS.

I'm hoping that it really is a Small World, and I can somehow find this family and do an exchange if they have mine.

We were at Disney August 11-18. So I'm assuming that they went in August as well. Their boy & girl danced together with some princesses.

Speaking of wrong Photopass+ CDs... I opened up the one I ordered and it's of a different family! I'm hoping someone here might have mine? I have no idea what to do, but I'm a mess thinking that it's highly likely my photos are gone forever, since they are now expired :( I'd love to return the CD I have to the right family as well. Because this feeling SUCKS. I'm hoping that it really is a Small World, and I can somehow find this family and do an exchange if they have mine. We were at Disney August 11-18. So I'm assuming that they went in August as well. Their boy & girl danced together with some princesses.

I got my CD, and then realized I was missing all of DD's BBB photo shoot pictures. I called them, and even though my photos had expired, the CM was able to reinstate them for 10 days and re-order my CD. The BBB photos were on my account, they just had not made it onto the CD.

Speaking of wrong Photopass+ CDs...

I opened up the one I ordered and it's of a different family!

I'm hoping someone here might have mine? I have no idea what to do, but I'm a mess thinking that it's highly likely my photos are gone forever, since they are now expired :(

I'd love to return the CD I have to the right family as well. Because this feeling SUCKS.

I'm hoping that it really is a Small World, and I can somehow find this family and do an exchange if they have mine.

We were at Disney August 11-18. So I'm assuming that they went in August as well. Their boy & girl danced together with some princesses.

Give a call and they can probably retrieve them. When my cd got lost in the mail they were able to recover my pictures and re-order my disk, which I did receive. Call them though and don't email them. Good luck. Here's praying for some pixie dust for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter