ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

I'm so glad to hear you all had such wonderful trips!!:goodvibes
I am sorry the post vacation blues are setting in. We had a wonderful week at the cottage (if you recall we cancelled our August trip to get our puppy). Our puppy is absolutely wonderful and we love him to pieces. I will admit when he's being especially bad or biting my toes I may mutter "I cancelled Disney for you..be good":lmao:.

Now we're in back to school mode for Tuesday. The kids still have no idea we are going in December and I spent the evening reading about ways to surprise them:santa:

So it's 103 days until we fly to Orlando. I'll miss this group. You're the best planners on the Dis and I hope we get the opportunity to plan together again. I'll be watching for your posts and can't wait to see your trip pictures.:)

I was thinking about you on our plane ride home :goodvibes . You now have something so wonderful to look forward to, and I'm soooo envious :) . So glad to hear the newest member of the pigletto family is settling in well, and that you had a great week at the cottage. I can hardly believe summer is over and the kiddos are going back to school!

So when is everyone going back? I'm going in December with my dad. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again and go home to Saratoga Springs! :love:

We're tentatively booked for Aug 2014 (20-31) at POR with free dining BB. Hoping we can make it work, it's WDW or DL for us next year.

We are hoping to return next summer as well, but not sure it will be the last week of August this time (even though that would be our preference). Jake will start college next September so we may need to be here (for freshman events) that week rather than in Florida.

We loved, loved, LOVED :love: the Sheraton Vistana Resort, and after staying there this vacation, I can't imagine us staying anywhere else. It was fabulous and our villa was incredible. We will be anxiously stalking Jetblue for their August 2014 release of seats, and hopefully book SVR again through JetBlue Vacations. Definitely pleased with the price and inclusions on this year's package.

I will be starting a trip report soon for anyone who is interested in following along and seeing some photos.

So when is everyone going back? I'm going in December with my dad. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again and go home to Saratoga Springs! :love:

No idea :( if all goes well and I get accepted into the Disney International Program, I'll be back next summer, but if not...I'm trying not to think about it lol

hello team Aug. family!! ok, so true to my word earlier (much earlier) I did finally get up the guts to start a channel on youtube. I am reviewing a bunch of Disney resturants and snacks (one place a week) over the course of the year with pictures and review catigories. now I know that all of you on this thread are experts but if you wanna watch me and give me the hits I would be supper grateful! Also, I'm very nervous about mean comments (cuz yea it is still youtube) so if i give a resturant you like a review you don't I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!:scared: Welp I hope you who view it like it and find it a little bit of Disney at home cuz hey, that's basically the only reason i'm doing it lol. To find my channel just look up "Eating My Ears" on youtube! Or use this handy dandy link lol http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXUYxe1p4YgXSAl8CqtTXNQ

hello team Aug. family!! ok, so true to my word earlier (much earlier) I did finally get up the guts to start a channel on youtube. I am reviewing a bunch of Disney resturants and snacks (one place a week) over the course of the year with pictures and review catigories. now I know that all of you on this thread are experts but if you wanna watch me and give me the hits I would be supper grateful! Also, I'm very nervous about mean comments (cuz yea it is still youtube) so if i give a resturant you like a review you don't I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!:scared: Welp I hope you who view it like it and find it a little bit of Disney at home cuz hey, that's basically the only reason i'm doing it lol. To find my channel just look up "Eating My Ears" on youtube! Or use this handy dandy link lol http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXUYxe1p4YgXSAl8CqtTXNQ

Good for you. That sounds like so much fun. Just ignore those mean comments that may come and remember you are doing this because you love it! I will definitely watch.

So we are back for 3 days now and yesterday the kids and I were singing songs about wanting to be back in disney. We had such a wonderful time. BC was amazing...the location can't be beat. We stayed CL for the first time and while it was nice to have and convenient I think we have decided that it is something we could do if we get a good discount but would not be disappointed if we did not do it. My DD3 had the time of her life meeting every single princess with rapunzel being her favorite. It was so awesome to watch her each time she saw a princess. My DS5 was a good sport about all of the princesses and was able to ride splash mountain and thunder mountain for the first time. He loved it so much! We are not sure when we are going back. Probably not next summer as we already have other vacation plans. But we hoping for maybe early Nov of next year. It has been a blast planning with all of you...you are a fabulous group of people!

We'll be back May 2014. Only 8 months away at this point!

I like hearing everyone's vacation recaps, as the final trips for this thread get wrapped up. It's hard to believe we're entering fall. Our summer Disney vacation has come and gone, but chatting with all of you has made it super fun!

We'll be back May 2014. Only 8 months away at this point!

I like hearing everyone's vacation recaps, as the final trips for this thread get wrapped up. It's hard to believe we're entering fall. Our summer Disney vacation has come and gone, but chatting with all of you has made it super fun!

I can't believe we are entering fall either. Our last few days at disney they were decorated for Halloween already...crazy to think it is that time already! Have to say it was nice to be able to see all of the decorations.

We are going for a long weekend in October for MNSSHP! AofA
We are going for a long weekend in December for MVMCP! POR
We will be back Aug. 20 - Sept. 1! POFQ

Next trip is planned for February - I'm running the 10K at the Princess half marathon weekend.

So I have a question for you - how do you like Sarasota Springs?? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to rent DVC points for my Feb trip, and the only thing available is Sarasota. I know nothing about that resort, but now want to find out everything ;)

It's been less than a week home and I can't wait to go back! We are going to DL in January - my first time! The next scheduled trip to WDW is Nov. 2014, but I'm hoping for something sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are cruising with DCL in April, but hoping to have an adults-only 15th anniversary trip next October. DH wants to stay at an Epcot-area resort, and do the F&W Festival every day we are there.

I was thinking about you on our plane ride home :goodvibes . You now have something so wonderful to look forward to, and I'm soooo envious :) . So glad to hear the newest member of the pigletto family is settling in well, and that you had a great week at the cottage. I can hardly believe summer is over and the kiddos are going back to school!

We are hoping to return next summer as well, but not sure it will be the last week of August this time (even though that would be our preference). Jake will start college next September so we may need to be here (for freshman events) that week rather than in Florida.

We loved, loved, LOVED :love: the Sheraton Vistana Resort, and after staying there this vacation, I can't imagine us staying anywhere else. It was fabulous and our villa was incredible. We will be anxiously stalking Jetblue for their August 2014 release of seats, and hopefully book SVR again through JetBlue Vacations. Definitely pleased with the price and inclusions on this year's package.

I will be starting a trip report soon for anyone who is interested in following along and seeing some photos.

Gina!!! So glad you loved Vistana and you know I am in for a Gina family trip report!!:cool1:

I don't know that we'll be last week of August next year either. My husband finishes his 3.5 year program in December and now we have the cottage. It just changes vacation plans. Before we only had a few weeks a year to pick from. Now who knows? DH will be newly employed somewhere (fingers crossed) and we don't know how vacation will work. Some places make you work a year before vacation time kicks in. DD will be in her senior year and taking a week of the school year would be a bad idea. And ds is starting French Immersion (tomorrow!!) so missing school time is also not good when there is so much for him to learn.
So we'll see. End of August might be in the cards again, or it may be cottage and no Disney next summer.
This is all new for us!

And a few puppy pics for those who asked. The second is my ds9 feeding him some peanut butter:goodvibes

15ab42e4-db23-4c2b-b256-2bf7bd028d02_zps4bb410f5.jpg

IMG_0316_zps3807f4cc.jpg

Very cool! I started watching before and I think it looks great and you are a natural!

So I have a question for you - how do you like Sarasota Springs?? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to rent DVC points for my Feb trip, and the only thing available is Sarasota. I know nothing about that resort, but now want to find out everything ;)

We LOVE Saratoga Springs! haha, that's kind of funny you mention how SSR is the only resort available for renting points...that's one of the reasons we love having it as our home resort! Because it's so big you can always get a room there. :thumbsup2

Speaking of the size, some people don't like it because it is so massive and spread out (there are 5 bus stops within the resort-it stops at all the different sections: The Springs, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and Grandstand) but I think because of that, it always seems so quiet and peaceful. We tend to prefer Congress Park because it's the closest section to Downtown Disney and it's nice to be able to walk there. However, with the construction that's going to be happening at DTD with all the Disney Springs stuff the walkway is closed. :(

AHHH I can't wait to go back!

It's been less than a week home and I can't wait to go back! We are going to DL in January - my first time! The next scheduled trip to WDW is Nov. 2014, but I'm hoping for something sooner.

Oh, fun! We are hoping to go to Disneyland NEXT December (2014). One of my sisters has never been there. We are thinking about going to see the Rose Parade too! It's a long way off but I really hope it happens. I've only been to Disneyland twice (last time was 2006) and am dying to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter