“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! apologies up front if this question has been asked before - but I searched through the thread and unable to find an answer... We are trying to get to FEA for 8 for our April trip. We are a party of 8 and so far we have tickets for 4 of us on my Disney acct. My sister is still checking daily for her family. I would like to check for her as well - but if I actually do find availability I am unable to book it for her- since I have a reservation at that time already. My question is - if we have two different reservations for FEA - will we get seated separately? Or do they seat you as one group upon arrival? just wondering so we know what to expect. thank you!

Last edited:
Hi All! apologies up front if this question has been asked before - but I searched through the thread and unable to find an answer... We are trying to get to FEA for 8 for our April trip. We are a party of 8 and so far we have tickets for 4 of us on my Disney acct. My sister is still checking daily for her family. I would like to check for her as well - but if I actually do find availability I am unable to book it for her- since I have a reservation at that time already. My question is - if we have two different reservations for FEA - will we get seated separately? Or do they seat you as one group upon arrival? just wondering so we know what to expect. thank you!

They will try their best, but seats are pre-assigned. You’re 2 sets of 4 so it’s no big deal just to move you closer to each other.

Just curious...since tables for this dessert party are preassigned, do you get a “better” table, ie., closer to the front, the earlier you book? This is the way the old MK Tomorrowland Terrace party worked.

I am hoping I get to experience the outside party one of these days! Our last one was moved indoors (even though it never rained, LOL).

My question is - if we have two different reservations for FEA - will we get seated separately? Or do they seat you as one group upon arrival?
If you're able to, go to the check-in podium early and let them know. That allows them to shift things around without a bunch of people behind you trying to check in. It also gives them more options than when Guests have already been seated. But if you can't, just let them know when you do check-in. It's not an issue either way, and in fact they're supposed to ask Guests at check in if you're attending with another party. Happens all the time.
Just curious...since tables for this dessert party are preassigned, do you get a “better” table, ie., closer to the front, the earlier you book?
Not that I'm aware of.
I am hoping I get to experience the outside party one of these days! Our last one was moved indoors (even though it never rained, LOL).
It's a much nicer experience when it's outdoors, but ya, moving it indoors and then it doesn't rain happens a lot. They have to make the call whether to stay out or not fairly early, so if the forecasts are showing a chance of rain at that time, they're compelled to move it indoors. But weather conditions change and they can't change it back to having it outside because the wheels have been put in motion. I can assure you that the party Leader for that night doesn't want to move it inside because it's a lot of extra work. The staff isn't all that thrilled when it's moved indoors and it doesn't rain. However, if they don't, it's a nightmare for everyone and of course they have to deal with angry Guests and the inevitable requests for refunds that follow. I've been saying for years that the entire party area should have a fabric canopy covering it, but they don't listen.

Sooo Excited.. been checking multiple times a day ( least 10+) for the dessert party for the 11th of May! Boom.. popped up few seconds ago! So just reminder to keep checking for whatever it is your wanting you never know.
P.S. I had linked saved on my favorites bar so just one click and I was always right on the right page to check.

Last edited:
It was announced very early on that it will continue with the new show.
I agree with Spring & Fall but when there is a cold spell during the winter months and when the temperature drops to a certain level, it's moved indoors as well. I'd book it anyway and check the forecast a day or two before the party. It's a one day cancellation policy so you can cancel if the forecast looks bad. It's fairly accurate one or two days out.

Absolutely, that's even better advice. All in all IMO this party is really worth it, as long as it's being held outside.

All in all IMO this party is really worth it, as long as it's being held outside.
That's generally my opinion as well, but surprisingly, based on the feed back from many attendees, I found out that many people who have done it in the summer months when it was moved indoors really enjoyed it because it got them out of the sweltering heat. I can certainly sympathize with that.

Joining in to wait for July 4 to open up... :rolleyes: About three weeks ago I decided I wanted to do the 4th at Disney and dear husband is now thoroughly on board. We're booked on the Keys to the Kingdom on the 3rd planning to finish out the fireworks there and then over to Epcot (probably not rope dropping two days in a row as we are getting too old for such things...) on the 4th.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting. :rolleyes1

Sooo Excited.. been checking multiple times a day ( least 10+) for the dessert party for the 11th of May! Boom.. popped up few seconds ago! So just reminder to keep checking for whatever it is your wanting you never know.
P.S. I had linked saved on my favorites bar so just one click and I was always right on the right page to check.
Thank you for posting this! I just decided last weekend to take my mom to Disney in May, and just started considering this dessert party last night. Of course it's sold out now for the date I want (May 15) but your post gives me hope to keep checking.

I hope you have a great time!

I attended this party last night with 2 of my friends and we had such a good time! We happened to walk by the podium around 6:30 and they let us check-in at that time.We returned around 7:45 and they had everyone line up before they seated us. We were seated at a table right at the railing next to the water. The food was very good, the flatbread with the fondue was delicious! The view of Illuminations was great. The glasses they give you that make all of the lights and fireworks turn to snowflakes were fun and I put one side over the lens of my phone camera and took a few photos. The photos aren’t great but the effect did come through if anyone wants to give it a try. We were led from the party area to Frozen Ever After where we were in the first boat sent through. From there we walked out of the very empty park to the Internaltional Gateway and back to the hotel. It was something I would do again in a heartbeat!

This is maybe a little premature since they haven't released August dates; but I would want to do this for sure if it's offered.

We'll be a party of 2. Is there any chance of us having to share tables with other people (either at the indoor / outdoor location)? My husband and I are quite introverted and we want to have a nice romantic trip. So having to make conversation with strangers, no matter how friendly they are wouldn't be an ideal situation.

This is maybe a little premature since they haven't released August dates; but I would want to do this for sure if it's offered.

We'll be a party of 2. Is there any chance of us having to share tables with other people (either at the indoor / outdoor location)? My husband and I are quite introverted and we want to have a nice romantic trip. So having to make conversation with strangers, no matter how friendly they are wouldn't be an ideal situation.

We were a party of 2 and had to share a table. I’m not very outgoing and at first didn’t like it at all, but my grandson hit it off with the little girl at our table and had a blast the whole evening. My only real complaint was the tables are so small it was pretty crammed. But yes, groups of 2 may have to share a table. I expect we’ll have to share again on our trip in May.

We were a party of 2 and had to share a table. I’m not very outgoing and at first didn’t like it at all, but my grandson hit it off with the little girl at our table and had a blast the whole evening. My only real complaint was the tables are so small it was pretty crammed. But yes, groups of 2 may have to share a table. I expect we’ll have to share again on our trip in May.

Aww no, I was afraid of that. Was this for the outdoor or indoor party?

Outdoor its tables of 4. Indoors its tables of 8-10.
So unless you're a full table you'll likely be sharing a table with others.
You have to weigh if that is a deal breaker for you.
We were indoors as a party of 2.
We did talk to a couple table mates but mostly each group kept to themselves.
I'm doing it again in July so it didn't phase me enough to not do it again.

we were a party of 2 myself and my teenage grandson, we shared a table with 2 women from Ohio, and we didn't have a problem with it. ours was also outside

I completely understand. While it’s fine for a lot of people, some people just don’t like being at a table with strangers. I’d prefer to sit at our own table, but my grandson is a chatty type, loves meeting people and will talk to anyone. So for me, I’ll put up with it. I actually, almost enjoyed it. lol

Have you considered the dessert buffet for the MK? The terrace view gives you tables to sit at and you don’t share as far as I know. The garden view you definitely don’t share, but viewing is not seated.

If you're able to, go to the check-in podium early and let them know. That allows them to shift things around without a bunch of people behind you trying to check in. It also gives them more options than when Guests have already been seated. But if you can't, just let them know when you do check-in. It's not an issue either way, and in fact they're supposed to ask Guests at check in if you're attending with another party. Happens all the time.
Not that I'm aware of.
It's a much nicer experience when it's outdoors, but ya, moving it indoors and then it doesn't rain happens a lot. They have to make the call whether to stay out or not fairly early, so if the forecasts are showing a chance of rain at that time, they're compelled to move it indoors. But weather conditions change and they can't change it back to having it outside because the wheels have been put in motion. I can assure you that the party Leader for that night doesn't want to move it inside because it's a lot of extra work. The staff isn't all that thrilled when it's moved indoors and it doesn't rain. However, if they don't, it's a nightmare for everyone and of course they have to deal with angry Guests and the inevitable requests for refunds that follow. I've been saying for years that the entire party area should have a fabric canopy covering it, but they don't listen.

So we are at Epcot today and they moved the party indoors. We have reservations for Monday night and it looks like it will rain. Can we cancel without penalty if they move it indoors. We really only did the party for the reserved seating and it’s my understanding there is no seating if the party is moved indoors.

So we are at Epcot today and they moved the party indoors. We have reservations for Monday night and it looks like it will rain. Can we cancel without penalty if they move it indoors. We really only did the party for the reserved seating and it’s my understanding there is no seating if the party is moved indoors.

You were made aware of the fact that the location could change.
If you cancel last minute you will not get a refund.
I'd say either cancel now or suck it up.
My sister and I are introverts but handled the move inside ok.
It was decently easy to keep to ourselves.
If its inside you don't sit for Illuminations but you all have space to lean at the railing to to me is better because we all had a railing spot vs only some having a railing spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter