• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say Illuminations is still happening.

We're less than 30 days until September and Illuminations is still on the official Disney calendar.

I don't even think Disney would cancel such a big event with less than 30 days notice.

Also, Fastpass selections are into October now, with Illuminations Fastpass still available to book.

It would be a logistics and public relations nightmare for Disney to cancel Illuminations now and have all those people re-book that fastpass.

If anything, they may be re-tweeking the frozen ever after dessert party just like they did with the star wars dessert party.

I'm at a loss to explain what the heck is going on. Clearly the person I spoke with was wrong. I'm confident she had access to the September schedule, otherwise she would've never been able to check dates for me. But as we can all see, she was wrong about them being released in the next couple of days. Perhaps she is in charge of posting the schedule but as FastPasser said, is not in control of when she can post it and was just assuming it woud be when she said. But now it has me wondering that if it's possible they are cancelling and she's just not high enough on the chain to be aware of it.

Here's my problem: We're only going on Aug 31 if it IS cancelled after that date. It's going to be a whirlwind trip, only meant to see ROE one last time. Since I'm already going in October, my hope is that I was wrong when I bet months ago that Aug 31 would be the last date and I can cancel our reservations. I have to cancel within 5 days of that date or I get charged. I'm so tired of being on watch! On top of that, my FP booking comes up Saturday. I really need to know if ROE is showing so I can choose which parks which days! I know, 1st world problems, but aren't all Disney problems 1st world???

So bottom line, I'm on release watch with everyone else hoping they either post dates or announce a cancelllation soon!

Oh and boo!!! to the troll. Not funny at all. People invest thousands of dollar on their trips so this is no trivial matter.

Random - What is ROE?

I think it's safe to say Illuminations is still happening.

We're less than 30 days until September and Illuminations is still on the official Disney calendar.

I don't even think Disney would cancel such a big event with less than 30 days notice.

Also, Fastpass selections are into October now, with Illuminations Fastpass still available to book.

It would be a logistics and public relations nightmare for Disney to cancel Illuminations now and have all those people re-book that fastpass.

If anything, they may be re-tweeking the frozen ever after dessert party just like they did with the star wars dessert party.

Oh I never thought about the FP situation, I so hope you’re right!

Oh I think I have just had a flashback when they closed Great Movie Ride I’m sure we had fast passes booked for it and we were just instructed to book alternative fast passes

I’m really confused now. Has it been cancelled? :( Our FP day is approaching and it’s availability is determining our FP selections.

I’m really confused now. Has it been cancelled? :( Our FP day is approaching and it’s availability is determining our FP selections.

You're not alone. The late (if ever) scheduling is throwing a wrench into a lot of people's plans. No one knows the answer to your question. Officially, it's not cancelled but you can't book it past this month. That could change as I'm typing this or never. Clear as mud, right?

I am really hoping its not cancelled as it is the Highlight of Epcot evenings for us. I pretty much don't even need to do the epcot rides once we book this as y son gets Frozen and I get the food stalls. Such a bummer no Oct dates showing. Disney phenolic was not helpful at all!

Disney would have a time-line on when construction would begin and end on a new Illuminations show. And they would know this information weeks if not months ago. Before the brass would even approve on a budget for the new show, dates would have been presented to them on the turn-over time.

Putting the show on the official calendar and then cancelling the show within 30 days (september) and allowing people to book fastpass well into October makes no sense.

I'm sure we would get more notice like they did with Wishes.

On February 9, 2017 it was announced by the Disney Parks Blog that Wishes would conclude its 13 year run at the Magic Kingdom. The show was presented for the last time on May 11, 2017 at the Magic Kingdom Park and was replaced by Happily Ever After on May 12, 2017.[

Even when we get a new show, they may be able to start it on the very next day after illuminations ended.

If you look at the permits that have been issued, this looks to be a major construction event. They may well do an interim show, but I don't believe there's a chance it's going down one day and the next day is the permanent replacement. Changing to a new fireworks show is just a matter of programming and setting up. Not a big deal at all.

Disney is famous for last minute announcements. They've done it more times than I can count.

If you look at the permits that have been issued, this looks to be a major construction event. They may well do an interim show, but I don't believe there's a chance it's going down one day and the next day is the permanent replacement. Changing to a new fireworks show is just a matter of programming and setting up. Not a big deal at all.

Disney is famous for last minute announcements. They've done it more times than I can count.

They didn't last-minute wishes. They announced it before the 60 day Fastpass window.

Illuminations is kinda a big deal too. They won't just end it with no warning.

If you're right, Disney is letting the dessert party planners know and not the fastpass reservation team?

What's the advantage to not telling people in advance?

They didn't last-minute wishes. They announced it before the 60 day Fastpass window.

Illuminations is kinda a big deal too. They won't just end it with no warning.

If you're right, Disney is letting the dessert party planners know and not the fastpass reservation team?

What's the advantage to not telling people in advance?

It makes sense to me, since you have to pay for the dessert party at the time you book it. With FastPasses, you pay nothing. What a pain the behind that would be for Disney to have to refund all those people who paid for the dessert party. It’s much easier to just let you choose a different FastPass.

I made 2 phone calls this morning. 1st call to reservations and I simply asked to book the Frozen party for 9/9. The CM told me there was no available time for that date. I acted like I didn't know what was going on. I asked if it was being cancelled and her answer was "I don't think so, just no dates yet". I then asked her if it was normal to not open up dates less than a month out and she said she had no idea. I then called Disney Signature Services and had them note my reservation for early check in. Then I asked about Frozen dessert party. The CM put me on a brief hold and came back with "Sure you can book for 9/9" ..... Just kidding :) She actually said "sorry, looks like we don't have dates for September yet". I then asked her if it was normal to release dates less than 30 days out and she said "No". I asked her if it was cancelled and she said no. I then said if it's not cancelled do you know when booking will open up and she said no. So I have come to the conclusion that they really do not know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter