“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going to the September 30th party? So far I have see just one more guest and one more itinerary. I’m really liking my odds here!

And yes, I know the DIS is a VERY small percentage of Disney fans and most people don’t even know we exist!

Anyway, we’ll be joining the line for Jack and Sally line around 3:30pm and taking turns to go get our wristbands at Phillarmagic.

People lining up before 4pm should look into teaming the wristbands, I have a strong feelings that comes 4pm anyone without a band will be kindly asked to leave the line.

Last edited:
Man, slap me on a new pair of reading glasses! How could I have missed your post!? Sorry for the delay... :welcome: to the party!!! Long over do but meant with my heart! :hug:
I'm seeing questions still on your itinerary that have been answered by @Cluelyss you even acknowledged her on: Post #2790 so they shouldn't be there anymore. Please update and we'll go from there.

I have added your itinerary to the Main page for easier access. Please do not repost your itinerary, just post a note with your party date, I know where to find you. :flower3:

Sorry for the delay. Swamped at work. @.@

I've updated my original itinerary. And changed my costume info because DH convinced me to do bound as Edna Mode. lol

Thanks again!

made a couple small edits to my itinerary for 9/18. We watched aladdin last night, so i added that as a character we might try for since my son will recognize them now

Okay, I've been following along for a while now. First time party goer, so trying to absorb as much information as I can. Finally posting an itinerary. Feel free to tear it apart. I'm not worried about getting to "everything" but I don't want to waste time wandering back and forth across MK either. My overall priority is creating a flow around the park that makes sense.

Sept 16
DH (Jack Skellington tee); DW (myself, Disneybounding as Edna Mode)
Priorities (in order): atmosphere, specialty treats, merchandise, BTY Parade #2, Hocus Pocus (any), specific rides, magic shots, random characters (e.g., Cruella but not super popular ones)

• (I have a FP for BTMRR from 3:20-4:20 but we are probably skipping it)
  • We will be eating a meal prior to entry

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:20 Photos
4:20-4:35 Sleepy Hollow (Waffle/Sundae treat if available)
4:35-5:05 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:05-5:30 Walk towards Liberty Square, ride Haunted Mansion attraction 30min
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:00-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise
7:00-7:30 Fantasyland - ToT, possibly Cruella
7:40-8:10 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW), may pick up Oogie Boogie Meringue on way to LS
8:10-8:50 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Magic Shot, ToT
8:50-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-11:40 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:40-12:00 Find spot to watch HP and wait, may send DH for treat
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Thanks for anyone's help!
~Overwhelmed newbie. :surfweb:

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:20 Photos - Are these in the Bypass, if so this is not enough time. Allow 10 - 15 minutes per photo. People do line up for them, some can be found in the park as well. At this time I cannot confirm park locations.
4:20-4:35 Sleepy Hollow (Waffle/Sundae treat if available) - If you look on: Post #8, this is not an "Anytime Treat". At this time, there have been no confirmed reports when Disney has started selling them. I would remove this, lines for this location are at least 30 minutes long. The waffles are made per order.

4:35-5:55 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)

6:05 - :10
-5:40 Walk towards Liberty Square, ride Haunted Mansion attraction 30min
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:00-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise
7:00-7:30 Fantasyland - ToT, possibly Cruella
7:40-8:10 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW), may pick up Oogie Boogie Meringue on way to LS
8:10-8:50 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Magic Shot, ToT
8:50-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-11:40 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:40-12:00 Find spot to watch HP and wait, may send DH for treat
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Please update and let's begin again.

Last edited:
made a couple small edits to my itinerary for 9/18. We watched aladdin last night, so i added that as a character we might try for since my son will recognize them now

I would wait. We have a party tonight and need more confirmation for character times. Also I noticed on the main thread more information from previous parties are trickling in. Patience my friend I have your back! ::yes::

UPDATE - Refillable Mugs

Happy Halloween 2018 Resort Refillable Mug have arrived at WDW!

upload_2018-8-31_21-8-20.png

Confirmed at the following locations:
Beach Club - Post #53
Coronado Springs - Post #122
POP Post #111
Yacht Club Market - Post #135

With the Halloween 2018 Resort Refillable Mug, you can enjoy refills of Fountain Drinks, Coffee, and Tea at any resort self-service beverage location for the entire length of your resort stay. The price for the mug is $18.99 (tax not included) or it can be chosen as your mug included in the Disney Dining Plan.

EDIT:
Although we do have confirmed reports of guests purchasing these mugs they are not currently at every resort. Some are reporting the mugs will not be available until Sept. 4th/5th.

Last edited:
Anyone going to the September 30th party? So far I have see just one more guest and one more itinerary. I’m really liking my odds here!

And yes, I know the DIS is a VERY small percentage of Disney fans and most people don’t even know we exist!

Anyway, we’ll be joining the line for Jack and Sally line around 3:30pm and taking turns to go get our wristbands at Phillarmagic.

People lining up before 4pm should look into teaming the wristbands, I have a strong feelings that comes 4pm anyone without a band will be kindly asked to leave the line.

Thank you! ;)

Fair Warning - Characters

People have been lining up even earlier to meet characters. Please be prepared to make adjustments on your itineraries.
I’ve got almost 2 months before my October 25 & 28 Parties. I think that my cut off time for seeing Jack and Sally is 3:15 and it wouldn’t be that if it was taking away from official Party time. If I do wait in line for Jack and Sally, my plan was to hurry to 7 Dwarfs at 5:30 at the latest. If it looks like that line is two hours at that point, I’ll save them for the October 28th Party. Once the Party starts at 7, I won’t wait more than 15 minutes for a meet and greet. Less meet and greets mean more magic shots and rides. I’m willing to go with the flow.

You are NOT wasting anyone's time! Nope!

I do appreciate your help! :-) Things are starting to blur together.

My itinerary is updated again. I switched the flow a little bit so my treat chasing is more timely (i.e., I'm trying to get the waffle sundae AFTER 7pm).

Also, a question - you edited one of my FP times with Mickey's Philharmagic as taking 1 hour 20 minutes (post #3006). I'm hoping that was a typo, and I changed it back to ~20 minutes. If it does take longer, then I'll need to change it.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter