“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our party day is Oct 2nd, we are driving from Cap Canaveral to Orlando that morning. Plan to check in at Pop (hope room is ready, I noted our arriving time for 11 AM at check in).
I´d like to arrive at Magic Kingdom around 3:30PM. Enough time to get there.
What transportion would you suggest to get back from MK to Pop?
I guess me 7 year old twins will make it till midnight, but I´m worried about our way home.
Will it be faster to get back by car (with monorail to the parking lot / ticket center) or take the bus to Pop?
Thanks in advance!

I’ve got almost 2 months before my October 25 & 28 Parties. I think that my cut off time for seeing Jack and Sally is 3:15 and it wouldn’t be that if it was taking away from official Party time. If I do wait in line for Jack and Sally, my plan was to hurry to 7 Dwarfs at 5:30 at the latest. If it looks like that line is two hours at that point, I’ll save them for the October 28th Party. Once the Party starts at 7, I won’t wait more than 15 minutes for a meet and greet. Less meet and greets mean more magic shots and rides. I’m willing to go with the flow.

I love this idea honest I do but my family and I have only attended the Halloween Parties the last week in October for years. Years. We do two parties and one of them is always on Oct 31st. A 15 minute or less wait for a character during this time of year will be late at night. Please plan accordingly.

Okay, I've been following along for a while now. First time party goer, so trying to absorb as much information as I can. Finally posting an itinerary. Feel free to tear it apart. I'm not worried about getting to "everything" but I don't want to waste time wandering back and forth across MK either. My overall priority is creating a flow around the park that makes sense.

Sept 16
DH (Jack Skellington tee); DW (myself, Disneybounding as Edna Mode)
Priorities (in order): atmosphere, specialty treats, merchandise, BTY Parade #2, Hocus Pocus (any), specific rides, magic shots, random characters (e.g., Cruella but not super popular ones)

• (I have a FP for BTMRR from 3:20-4:20 but we are probably skipping it)
  • We will eat a meal prior to entry

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:45 Photos in the bypass
4:45-5:00 Main St Bakery (H.cinnamon roll)
5:00-5:30 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:00-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise, take in atmosphere, people watch
7:00-7:30 Fantasyland - ToT, possibly Cruella
7:30-8:15 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow (specialty treats), Magic Shot, ToT
8:15-8:55 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
8:55-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-11:40 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:40-12:00 Find spot to watch HP and wait, may send DH for treat
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Thanks for anyone's help!
~Overwhelmed newbie. :surfweb:

5:10-5:30 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:40-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:10-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise, take in atmosphere, people watch
7:30-8:15 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Sleepy Hollow (specialty treats), Magic Shot, ToT
8:20
-8:55 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
9:05-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:40-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:35 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:35-11:45 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:45-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3, may send DH for treat
12:25-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street - What we've seen on Halloween night are at least 4 PhotoPass photographers on Main Street. Lines were minimal, bing bang boom. Ask them which ones they can do for you because some can do two or three.

I added time for you to get from Point A to Point B and noticed no SotMK card, or Headless Horseman Magic Shot. Both can be done on your way out.
SotMK card: City Hall Guest Services
Headless Horseman Magic Shot: Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park

You have some crisscrossing but your plan looks good! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Halloween.

Our party day is Oct 2nd, we are driving from Cap Canaveral to Orlando that morning. Plan to check in at Pop (hope room is ready, I noted our arriving time for 11 AM at check in).
I guess me 7 year old twins will make it till midnight, but I´m worried about our way home.
Will it be faster to get back by car (with monorail to the parking lot / ticket center) or take the bus to Pop?
Thanks in advance!

Can anyone who has stayed at POP chime in please. We stay at Wilderness Lodge.

5:10-5:30 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:40-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)
6:10-7:00 Big Top Souvenirs for merchandise, take in atmosphere, people watch
8:20
-8:55 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
9:05-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:40-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-11:35 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:35-11:45 Follow parade to Castle hub
11:45-12:20 Hocus Pocus #3, may send DH for treat
12:25-12:35 Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street - What we've seen on Halloween night are at least 4 PhotoPass photographers on Main Street. Lines were minimal, bing bang boom. Ask them which ones they can do for you because some can do two or three.

I added time for you to get from Point A to Point B and noticed no SotMK card, or Headless Horseman Magic Shot. Both can be done on your way out.
SotMK card: City Hall Guest Services
Headless Horseman Magic Shot: Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park

You have some crisscrossing but your plan looks good! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Halloween.

Thank you @FoxC63!! Much appreciated. I wasn't sure if I need to leave "out" time for walking, or simply include it in my timeframes. I'm clear now. :-) Can't wait!

Can anyone who has stayed at POP chime in please. We stay at Wilderness Lodge.
I don’t have a lot of experience because we always take the buses back. The buses are only bad if you are leaving exactly when everyone else leaves like after fireworks. We always tend to give ourselves a bit after the park closes to wander through stores and let crowds thin. We used a Minnie van once to get from pop to poly for dinner and that was a really good choice since they took us directly there.

UPDATE - Refillable Mugs

Happy Halloween 2018 Resort Refillable Mug have arrived at WDW!

View attachment 347393
Confirmed at the following locations:
Beach Club - Post #53
Coronado Springs - Post #122
POP Post #111
Yacht Club Market - Post #135

With the Halloween 2018 Resort Refillable Mug, you can enjoy refills of Fountain Drinks, Coffee, and Tea at any resort self-service beverage location for the entire length of your resort stay. The price for the mug is $18.99 (tax not included) or it can be chosen as your mug included in the Disney Dining Plan.

UPDATE - Refillable Mugs

Although we do have confirmed reports of guests purchasing these mugs they are not currently at every resort. Some are reporting the mugs will not be available until Sept. 4th/5th.

My only must do priorities are to meet Donald and daisy as we will be dressed as the ducks in their Halloween costume and to watch the second parade. I'm trying to strategize the shortest wait times to meet the ducks and would like opinions/advice on my rough draft itinerary:
6:45- get in line to meet Donald and daisy (should we arrive earlier? Or pick a totally different time)
Then: explore fantasy land and tomorrow land
Next: head over to adventureland by 9pm (to avoid crossing over massive lines of people waiting for the parade- should we go to this land a little earlier?)( ride pirates during the first parade, possibly haunted mansion during fireworks, and potential (but not a must do) m&g with jack sparrow if the wait is less than 15 minutes-any suggestions?) do more exploring in adventureland/frontierland/liberty square
Then: stake out a spot around 11 in liberty square for the 2nd parade ( the best spot isn't a priority )
Lastly: ride 1-2 more rides before midnight

Any suggestions/constructive criticism is appreciated!
Party date is 9/25 And plan to arrive at 4!

I don’t have a lot of experience because we always take the buses back. The buses are only bad if you are leaving exactly when everyone else leaves like after fireworks. We always tend to give ourselves a bit after the park closes to wander through stores and let crowds thin. We used a Minnie van once to get from pop to poly for dinner and that was a really good choice since they took us directly there.

We do exactly this as well and we are usually the last ones in line for the bus typically arriving back to pop around 1:30

My only must do priorities are to meet Donald and daisy as we will be dressed as the ducks in their Halloween costume and to watch the second parade. I'm trying to strategize the shortest wait times to meet the ducks and would like opinions/advice on my rough draft itinerary:
6:45- get in line to meet Donald and daisy (should we arrive earlier? Or pick a totally different time)
Next: head over to adventureland by 9pm (to avoid crossing over massive lines of people waiting for the parade- should we go to this land a little earlier?)( ride pirates during the first parade, possibly haunted mansion during fireworks, and potential (but not a must do) m&g with jack sparrow if the wait is less than 15 minutes-any suggestions?) do more exploring in adventureland/frontierland/liberty square
Then: stake out a spot around 11 in liberty square for the 2nd parade ( the best spot isn't a priority )

I’d plan to line up for the ducks by 6:30 if you want to be one of the first to meet them.

Jack Sparrow will never have a 15 minute or less wait. Your best bet would be to line up 15 minutes prior to the start of his next set to meet him with a minimal wait when he comes out.

Thanks in advance!
Take the bus back to Pop. The line may look long, but it usually moves pretty fast and sometimes they bring a double bus. We stay there a lot and rarely wait a long time for buses. That's actually one of the reasons we stay there!

I’d plan to line up for the ducks by 6:30 if you want to be one of the first to meet them.

Jack Sparrow will never have a 15 minute or less wait. Your best bet would be to line up 15 minutes prior to the start of his next set to meet him with a minimal wait when he comes out.
Thank you!

Doesn’t it count that I’m going to have the best pirate’s beard that Jack Sparrow will see all night? In ant event, I’d like to meet and greet him on either of my two MNSSHP parties. Right now, I’ll see Jack and Sally (unless the line gets seriously crazy by 3:15), 7 dwarves, Jack Sparrow, queen of hearts, cruella and Winnie the Pooh (over two nights). Anyone else from 7 till midnight falls under my 15 minute rule.

Take the bus back to Pop. The line may look long, but it usually moves pretty fast and sometimes they bring a double bus. We stay there a lot and rarely wait a long time for buses. That's actually one of the reasons we stay there!

Fair Warning - Monday, Sept. 3 Party Peeps

@amalone1013 , @Kell2005x , @Momma_Lanier and @sparkley

There is a high chance of rain earlier in the day, scattered showers and thunderstorm in the evening. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time for transportation and bring rain gear.

Anyone staying at Wilderness Lodge, the boats might not be running due to lightning and thunderstorms. You'll need to check with Front Desk for confirmation.

Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

I will be in line for the Ducks at 6:30 that day - will be bounding as Daisy - Lavendar shirt, white shorts, pink bow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter