“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using Tag Team you need to make sure everyone in your party is back at least 15/20 minutes prior to the character coming out. I also recommend your family get in line together so those behind you can see and understand what is going on, how many people are in your party to prevent an unpleasantness when they return.

Great thank you for the clarification! Much appreciated and makes sense.

Ok! I am going to try posting this again, hope I do it ok! :maleficen

Thursday Oct 25
Myself and DD (13)

2:00 going in early with a DVC’r:)
2:40-3:40 Buzz FP
3:45-4:45 Peter Pan FP
4:00-get wristbands somewhere???
4:45-Get in line for 7DMT FastPass Hope to get right in line at 4:45!
5:15-5:45 Eat
5:45 Get in line for Stitch
6:20-8:20 Rides/Magic Shots (HM, SM, anything else we can fit in!)
8:20 line up for parade in Frontierland (maybe TT for a snack??)
9:15 Boo to You
9:45-10:15 kill some time (ride/character/TOT/Magic Shots)
10:15 Hallowishes from Frontierland across from Country Bears
10:30-party end Check Moana line/more rides/characters/TOT/Magic Shots
12:00 If we are still standing maybe catch the last Hocus Pocus show

Moana was a priority until Stitch decided to show up! My daughter LOVES Stitch!

Thinking about getting a Minnie Van for the way back to the resort. Staying at POP..I do NOT want to wait forever for a bus!

I want to have a schedule but go with the flow as much as possible! I will watch for ride times and wait accordingly so my plans will ebb and flow, but this is my basic structure. I dont want to miss out on the "party" itself. :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Last edited:
I took a swing at it, and feel bad that my party is so close :(
Sept 3rd
Me, DH (dressed as Newsies characters)

Friday, Sept 3rd / Me, DH (dressed as Newsies characters) - Love this costume idea!

Current FPs: Space Mtn 3:20pm, Peter Pan 4:25pm, Jungle Cruise 5:25pm

- I don't understand if your latest arrival time is 5pm why do you have these?

5:00-5:15 Arrive, Bypass
5:25-5:45 Jungle Cruise
5:50-6:10 Merchandise: Ornament
6:15-7:15 Pooh characters - They come out at 7pm, so you have 45 minutes
Tag Team:
7:20- , rides - Where? Tomorowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland? /ToT/magic shots/

Priorities:
  • Parade - not sure if 1st or 2nd is best, thinking Frontierland - you need to make that decision and from there it will help shape your remaining itinerary.
  • POTC, Space, Tea Cups
  • HM magic shots
  • Grave diggers
If they fit in somewhere:
  • Stepsisters (would skip if line is long)
  • Peoplemover, 7DMT, BTMRR
I feel like it would be best to start on one side of the park and just work our way around, stopping for parade/fireworks, but I'm not sure which would be better.

9:15-10:30 Fireworks - maybe near Casey's?
Tag Team: food/snacks

11:50-12:20 Hocus Pocus show
12:25-12:45 Headless Horseman magic shot

As for merchandise - not a priority, we'll probably take a peek but I don't really see anything we would get, except maybe an so I think we can just stop in whenever convenient. Side note, are there non-party Halloween ornaments besides NBC in the Christmas store? - I don't know

Am I a mess? Am I overly ambitious? I mainly wanted to avoid what we did at MVMCP last year, which was a lot of, what do you want to do? Because we mistakenly thought since we weren't doing the super popular characters we could wing it - No, you can't do that during special events, you have to have a plan.

HI and :welcome: to the party. I know you've been posting on the Main Halloween thread for quite sometime, maybe gathering information? You have a little bit more work to do here. I can't tell you what to do at your party I can only tell you if your plan makes sense or if your timing is off. You don't have very much time but I will continue to work with you. I do agree, it's best to start at Tomorrowland and move in a circle through the other lands until both ends meet, but with a 5pm arrival time I don't know how that's going to work.

Your Itinerary has been added to the main page, please do not re post your itinerary. When you figure things out a bit more just post a note along with your party date, I know where to find you! :flower3:

Ok! I am going to try posting this again, hope I do it ok! :maleficen

Thursday Oct 25
Myself and DD (13)

3:30 arrive by this time to get in when we can get wrist bands and candy bags!
3:45-4:45 Peter Pan FP
4:45-Get in line for 7DMT FastPass Hope to get right in line at 4:45!
5:00/5:15 Get in line for Moana TT and go get some food to eat for dinner while DD waits (may scrap this as DD doesnt want to wait over an hour for her if we scrap it may check out another ride option or line up for Stitch! Would still eat in this time frame)
6:20-8:20 Rides/Elvis Stitch/Magic Shots (HM, SM, Buzz anything else we can fit in!)
8:20 line up for parade in Frontierland (maybe TT for a snack??)
9:15 Boo to You
9:45-10:15 kill some time (ride/character/TOT/Magic Shots)
10:15 Hallowishes from Frontierland across from Country Bears
10:30-party end (more rides/characters/TOT/Magic Shots)
12:00 If we are still standing maybe catch the last Hocus Pocus show

Thinking about getting a Minnie Van for the way back to the resort. Staying at POP..I do NOT want to wait forever for a bus!

I want to have a schedule but go with the flow as much as possible! I will watch for ride times and wait accordingly so my plans will ebb and flow, but this is my basic structure. I dont want to miss out on the "party" itself. :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Hi and :welcome: to the party! I arrived this part Sunday night from a two week trip and am a bit behind. I'm currently working on September parties.

Your itinerary has been added to the main page, please do not re post your itinerary. If you make any changes just post a note along with your party date, I know where to find you! :flower3:

Last edited:

These are my plans thus far!
Party is October 25
What does everyone think?? I dont want it to be so crazy planned we miss the atmosphere of the party!

Get there at 4 and get wristbands and candy bags!
I have a couple Fastpasses from 4-5. 7DMT and Peter Pan
5/5:15 Line up for Moana (eat in line)
6:20-8:20 Rides and See Elvis Stitch
8:20 wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15 Parade
10:15 Fireworks
10:30-12 Rides Characters and Candy

Please delete this post, I'll work on your most recent one. Thank you!

Sunday September 9
Me, DH, DD, ma, sis

So we have had this trip booked for a year and last week my mom surprised us with MNSSHP tickets! We had planned to be in MK all day, but as past years have shown this won’t work with DD; she slept 90% of the party last year. SO this is a very chill, no pressure night, but I want an itinerary anyway.

5ish PM- arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags.
5:30-6 PM FP for Jungle Cruise
5:55 PM ADR for Skipper’s Canteen
-I doubt this meal will be an hour, but just in case...
7:00-7:15 PM Trick-or-treat Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room & Pirates
7:20-8:00 PM ride Pirates
8:15-8:50 PM Castle show
9:00-9:35 PM Catch the end of Frontierland Costume Promenade and the parade from Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree
9:40-10:30 PM fireworks from in front of Casey’s; will sneak through Adventureland after the parade
-In between the Parade and fireworks we’ll take turns in the bathroom and possibly take DD for the dance party (but maybe not)
10:40-11 PM light shopping on Main Street and head out!

BUT I'm now thinking I may want to switch it to be like this:

4:30 PM- arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags
5:15 PM - FP+ Meet Ariel in her Grotto
5:55 PM ADR for Skipper’s Canteen
-1 Hour to eat, although it will likely be less
7:00-7:15 PM Trick-or-treat Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room & Pirates
7:20-8:00 PM ride Pirates
8:15-8:50 PM ride HM...?
-If line is too long just shopping/treats/Photos and the Costume Promenade
9:00-9:35 PM Catch the Frontierland Costume Promenade and the parade from Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree
9:40-10:30 PM fireworks from in front of Casey’s; will sneak through Adventureland after the parade
10:45-11:15 PM Castle Show
11:20 PM to the boat and back to the resort

Again my friend, I'm working on your original itinerary and this is it. Let's dig in...

Sunday September 9 / Me, DH, DD, ma, sis

5:00-5:20 Arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags, SotMK Card at Firehouse.
5:30-5:50 Jungle Cruise FP+ 5:30-6
5:55-6:45 ADR for Skipper’s Canteen - 45 minutes is plenty Plus you need to get in line for Trick or Treating and there will be one.
6:50-7:15 Trick-or-Treat Jungle Cruise Removed Tiki Room, Moana is meeting there now.
7:20-8:00 Pirates & Trick or Treat
8:15-8:50 Hocus Pocus
9:00-9:35 Frontierland Costume Promenade & Parade from Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes in front of Casey’s; will sneak through Adventureland after the parade
-In between the Parade and fireworks we’ll take turns in the bathroom and possibly take DD for the dance party (but maybe not)
10:40-11 PM light shopping on Main Street and head out!

BUT I'm now thinking I may want to switch it to be like this:

4:30-4:50 Arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags, SotMK Card at Firehouse.
5:15- ? - FP+ Meet Ariel in her Grotto - What is the scheduled FP time?
5:55-6:45 ADR for Skipper’s Canteen - 45 minutes is plenty Plus you need to get in line for Trick or Treating and there will be one.
6:50-7:15 Trick-or-Treat Jungle Cruise Removed Tiki Room, Moana is meeting there now.

8:15-8:50 Haunted Mansion & Magic Shot - You have time for both
9:00-9:35 Frontierland Costume Promenade & Parade from Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes in front of Casey’s

10:45-11:05 Hocus Pocus - It starts at 10:45, tough to find a really good spot getting there so late, but you never know!
[/QUOTE]

Look good! Have a great trip! Oh, and please update this on your original itinerary so you have access to it while at WDW!

@FoxC63
Costume idea credit goes to your post in your costume thread!

Definitely learned the hard way at the Christmas party and don't want to make that mistake again!

Current FPs: Space Mtn 3:20pm, Peter Pan 4:25pm, Jungle Cruise 5:25pm

- I don't understand if your latest arrival time is 5pm why do you have these?
I booked these because we may arrive earlier since we'll have APs. We definitely plan to be there by 5pm, but may head over between 3pm-4pm. I think we may Uber/Lyft since we are at Pop.

I didn't realize I'd asked questions long before on the main thread... obviously I was secretly hoping we'd be able to go :)

I narrowed things down in my original post and picked a parade!

Sept 3rd

6:15-7:15 Pooh characters
7:15-8:45 Tomorrowland/Fantasyland rides, ToT, Stepsisters if line isn't bad (not sure how popular they are for this?)
8:45-9:35 Parade at 9:15 (like Post #1110, little earlier if party is crowded/sold out) - Tag team food/snacks
9:35-10:30 Fireworks at 10:15, near Casey's - Tag team food/snacks
10:30-11:55 Advenutreland/Liberty Square rides (POTC, HM, BTMRR), HM magic shots (shall we head to HM first after fireworks?)
11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus show
Headless Horseman magic shot on the way out.

Sept 3rd

6:15-7:15 Pooh characters
7:20-7:40 Anastasia & Drizella, meet at 7pm See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6[/URL] print Character List pdf
7:50-8:30 Tomorrowland/Fantasyland rides, ToT, See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL] print Trick or Treat pdf
8:40-9:35 Parade at 9:15 (like Post #1110, little earlier if party is crowded/sold out)
Tag Team: food/snacks
9:35-10:30 Fireworks at 10:15, near Casey's - Tag team food/snacks
10:30-11:55 Advenutreland/Liberty Square rides (POTC, HM, BTMRR), HM magic shots (shall we head to HM first after fireworks?) Honestly, that's what everyone does, many have reported doing it on the Main thread but it depends on your crowd level which you won't know until your there. You will know what to do after you gauge the level of guests. ::yes::
11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus show
Headless Horseman magic shot on the way out.

I recommend you either print out a copy of both pdf's or use your phone. Some have reported they could not read the party map due to low lighting. The party map also does not tell you what characters are meeting where. Please do yourself a favor and visit the bonus locations especially at POC. It's under an awning so you can see exactly how many people are there. The ones "indoor" are the hardest to gauge.

Just have fun and get to your priorities, everything else will fall into place. ;)

@FoxC63 Hi there! I noticed you put me on the September list on Post #1 instead of October. Just an FYI... :flower1: I know you've got a lot going on. Just didn't want my itinerary to skip the line. I did feel super cool being on the list :smooth:

:laughing: Taken care of, thanks for letting me know!

Could you please delete Post #2963, I work from the original. Thank you!

Sorry, I'm drowning today and I know I didn't post that properly.

I updated the original post and tagged you in a question about my itinerary.

I really appreciate all the help you offer in this, for years this party has been fun, but I always miss something I wanna see, lol!

Neither of us have any interest in the Hocus Pocus show.:duck: Our goals (in no particular order) are parade, fireworks, merch, Stitch M&G, Haunted Mansion, and ToT. Bonus goals are Maleficent dessert, Halloween cinnamon roll, Queen of Hearts & Tweedles M&G, Halloween Popcorn pail, Pooh & Friends M&G, and Magic Shots. We have 1.5 other days at MK, so rides are not a high priority.

Sunday, September 9th
Me (48) using ECV, DN (23)

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance
4:15-4:30 Party Bypass
4:40-6:00 BOG Dinner (still trying to get a time a little earlier via TP Res Finder)
6:00-6:30 Merch at Big Top Treats (gotta use my Disney Card from the Trivia contest :teeth:)
6:30-7:45 Elvis Stitch M&G
8:00-9:30 Trick or Treating (counter-clockwise starting in Fantasyland)
9:45-10:30 Hallowishes @ handicapped viewing area on the plaza
10:45-11:30 Parade @ handicapped viewing area on the plaza
11:45-12:00 Haunted Mansion

Sunday, September 9th
Me (48) using ECV, DN (23)

Using an EVC, you will need more time unless you plan on putting bull horns on the front! :laughing:

3:30-4:20 Arrive, Bypass
4:40-6:00 BOG Dinner (still trying to get a time a little earlier via TP Res Finder) - Let it go! It's too nice of a restaurant to do during a party my friend. It has been reported they are seating late. If you eat before you arrive we could plan even more. Just a thought!
6:00-6:30 Merch at Big Top Treats (gotta use my Disney Card from the Trivia contest :teeth:) :thumbsup2
6:30-7:45 Elvis Stitch M&G - I believe he meets at 7pm, nothing confirmed at this time, long wait & takes breaks!
8:00-9:30 Trick or Treating (counter-clockwise starting in Fantasyland) See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL] It includes a Treat stop not on the map!
9:45-10:30 Hallowishes @ handicapped viewing area on the plaza
10:45-11:30 Parade @ handicapped viewing area on the plaza
11:45-12:00 Haunted Mansion

Looks good! :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

Sunday September 9
Me, DH, DD, ma, sis

So we have had this trip booked for a year and last week my mom surprised us with MNSSHP tickets! We had planned to be in MK all day, but as past years have shown this won’t work with DD; she slept 90% of the party last year. SO this is a very chill, no pressure night, but I want an itinerary anyway.

4:30-4:50 Arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags, SotMK Card at Firehouse. - 10 minutes is not enough time to do all this plus you have to walk through crowds to get to Ariel.

4:10-4:30 Arrive at MK, take bypass for pictures, candy bags, SotMK Card at Firehouse.

4:40-5:30 FP+ Meet Ariel in her Grotto - What is your FP+ scheduled for?
6:50-7:15 Trick-or-Treat Jungle Cruise
8:15-8:50 Haunted Mansion & Magic Shot - You have time for both
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes in front of Casey’s
10:45-11:05 Hocus Pocus - It starts at 10:45, tough to find a really good spot getting there so late, but you never know! - @FoxC63 should we try to get up closer to the Castle for the fireworks? Nearer the Statue maybe? - Statue would be good.

Hi there... Desperately seeking advice from the experts out there for a party itinerary for my daughter who is turning 5 on 9/9 and myself 40 on 9/11. It will b myself, daughter, and mother attending party on 9/11! We have attended MVMCP several times, but never Halloween party. I’m slightly overwhelmed and have no idea where to start... HELP!!!

In addition, we will be entering park at 4 and sleeping in late to prep for party that evening. My daughter has no idea we’re going; however, pretty positive she will want to meet Moana, Jack, 7 dwarves. I’m thinking we may do only a few rides since this will b our second time n MK.

I truly appreciate anyone’s help and thank u tremendously n advance:)!

I started reading from Post #2263 which is several pages back and I'm here now. I'm so sorry for not seeing this sooner but I just got back this past Sunday on a two week trip. There is a guideline when posting an itinerary and I do expect everyone to adhere to it. Just like Smitch on her Guest List thread. There is still time to help you but you need to read:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989836"]Post #2 - Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting[/URL] I'll be here all night should you need help. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter