“Snow” day tomorrow for your school?

We are not in the storm’s path, but the district burned all 10 (10!) of the “snow days” at the beginning of the year in order to start two weeks late this year.

So every snow day called at this point just adds a day on at the end of the year.

It seems only fair that our kids get a snow day when many others are getting them. Unfortunately, the Miami-Dade School Board doesn't agree.
Are you saying that it if snows in Miami, they won't give you a snow day? :rotfl:

I'm in Ohio - we are all virtual so no delays or cancellations for us :( Last week my niece in the neighboring county had school cancelled and kept trying to call my DD, who then declared it's unfair because otherwise we probably would have been cancelled too.

Our superintendent sent out a letter a month ago stating there would be no snow days, and it sticking to it. We have no in person classes, and staff that are usually in the buildings are off today. Parents were complaining on Facebook, which is crazy, just call your kids out. I have 2 seniors, their school day is a whopping 3 hours, over by lunch. If we had a snow day, they’d be sleeping until then. They haven’t been in school since March.

Our superintendent sent out a letter a month ago stating there would be no snow days, and it sticking to it. We have no in person classes, and staff that are usually in the buildings are off today. Parents were complaining on Facebook, which is crazy, just call your kids out. I have 2 seniors, their school day is a whopping 3 hours, over by lunch. If we had a snow day, they’d be sleeping until then. They haven’t been in school since March.

It really has varied greatly from place to place. Our neighboring counties have been all virtual since March, and for most the kids don't have to be online at set times.

Our county has been back in school 2 days a week since the beginning of August (school started a week early). Elementary went back to full time in-person in early October, Middle/HS is still hybrid (2 days in-person, 3 days virtual). On virtual days my son has his classes "live" with the kids who are in-person on the alternate days, so he has to be on the computer listening and participating in class discussion all day just like if he was there.

Are you saying that it if snows in Miami, they won't give you a snow day? :rotfl:
No. I think our kids should get snow days whenever anyone else gets them (Buffalo, Anchorage, etc). To deprive our kids is discriminatory. It's just not fair.

And for a professional opinion, my kindergarten schoolteacher daughter agrees with me.

No. I think our kids should get snow days whenever anyone else gets them (Buffalo, Anchorage, etc). To deprive our kids is discriminatory. It's just not fair.

And for a professional opinion, my kindergarten schoolteacher daughter agrees with me.
LOL, I bet she does.

My wife's district closed even though they are virtual, because the district was concerned about power outages in the area affecting the children's ability to be online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter