• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

It's like PixiePrincess said....

I'm sure that getting another UY is a manual process of some sort. And it probably makes it easier to just sell through the various UY months one at a time. But really, you should only have to ask once without having to be forceful with the sales rep.

True! Once we asked once, I guess he really never said no, but he certainly made it seem unusual. I think your assessment is probably accurate.

I know when I called the guide to purchase a couple of weeks ago, I specifically asked for an October UY from the beginning. The guide didn't say anything to me about only having April UY's available. I thought it was customary for the buyer to pick whatever UY they wanted.

Btw, did anyone not have the best experience with their guide? Mine was friendly enough on the phone, but not responsive at all to emails and no followups with me after the purchase either.

I know when I called the guide to purchase a couple of weeks ago, I specifically asked for an October UY from the beginning. The guide didn't say anything to me about only having April UY's available. I thought it was customary for the buyer to pick whatever UY they wanted.

Btw, did anyone not have the best experience with their guide? Mine was friendly enough on the phone, but not responsive at all to emails and no followups with me after the purchase either.

Our guide was good - very friendly and always followed up. Answered each and every question and called me back immediately every time. However, I felt a couple things were left out that I found out through these boards that I had to ask about. That was frustrating, but don't think it was done intentionally.

Our guide was good - very friendly and always followed up. Answered each and every question and called me back immediately every time. However, I felt a couple things were left out that I found out through these boards that I had to ask about. That was frustrating, but don't think it was done intentionally.

Glad to hear you had a relatively good experience with your guide. It's probably hard for them to cover every all the details without prompted questions by the buyer. I hardly got any information at all from my guide since I had already scoured the forums for all the what/when/how's before I finally talked to my guide on the phone. Maybe phone conversations is how the guides prefer to communicate, but it's so much easier for me to email since I'm not readily available to talk on the phone during the day. Oh well, it's all over with now anyways.

It's so hard to wait until January to make my first reservation! I keep thinking maybe we should do a trip earlier in the year just so I can book/plan ASAP, but I'm really looking forward to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. That's me, though...not an ounce of patience in my body!

Saw this video online - hope it helps!

Thanks for the video! I'm planning to stay at CCV on a family trip with my husband, mom, baby, MIL, and FIL. Hoping to book a dedicated 2-BR for us. The room looks awesome, so I'm even more impatient now!

Thanks for the video! I'm planning to stay at CCV on a family trip with my husband, mom, baby, MIL, and FIL. Hoping to book a dedicated 2-BR for us. The room looks awesome, so I'm even more impatient now!

Yes, thanks @mrsap for sharing the video. I really like the 2nd bedroom, especially the 2-vanity bathroom and large closet. Now to find pictures or a video of the alternate studio, and the CCV picture will be complete!

Yes, thanks @mrsap for sharing the video. I really like the 2nd bedroom, especially the 2-vanity bathroom and large closet. Now to find pictures or a video of the alternate studio, and the CCV picture will be complete!

Yes! I'm not sure I'll ever stay in a studio since DH thinks we need a king-sized bed. Apparently, I'm a bed hog... But I am quite curious how the alternate studios look!

We love this thread, thanks for putting it together. Now that we are caught up to our DVC purchase on our trip report. Here's our details for the first page.

We purchased on August 18th and got a March Use Year. It should work out great for us, as we usually go in September.

We are planning for our first trip as owners on September 6-15, 2018!

Last edited:
We love this thread, thanks for putting it together. Now that we are caught up to our DVC purchase on our trip report. Here's our details for the first page.

We purchased on August 18th and got a March Use Year. It should work out great for us, as we usually go in September.

We are planning for our first trip as owners on September 8-15, 2018!

:welcome: HOME and Congrats!!!! SO excited for you! It’s great to have you as a neighbor!!! Once I get the kids off to school I’ll get you on Page 1!!! I’m so happy you like this thread! I’m trying really hard and everyone here is just so nice, friendly and helpful!! I’m so happy we all have each other to plan future trips to CCV together!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

No problem! Just did a search on Youtube! We literally look on YouTube for any new resort stay! I like to know everything! LOL

I'm really wondering if I should call the sales rep to change the UY. The problem is that July would most likely be the best month for us, so we probably wouldn't get the 2016 points anyhow. Also, from looking at current availability, I'm not sure we could use 2016 points at the moment (our schedule is a little awkward this year because DS just started college and we're trying to find times we can all meet in FL).

Thoughts?

I'm really wondering if I should call the sales rep to change the UY. The problem is that July would most likely be the best month for us, so we probably wouldn't get the 2016 points anyhow. Also, from looking at current availability, I'm not sure we could use 2016 points at the moment (our schedule is a little awkward this year because DS just started college and we're trying to find times we can all meet in FL).

Thoughts?

You would only get 2016 UY points with an November or December Contract right now, which you could bank into 2017 UY which would give you a lot of time to use.

If July works best for your family I would insist on this with the guide or just cancel the contract and find a new guide.

Thoughts?

Definitely get what’s best for you and your family! Ask if there’s any July availability. When I had asked, they said there was June and October available (that was back in August). Doesn’t Hurt to ask!! Go for it! Keep us posted and good luck!

PS - I know it’s silly but we’re coming on 200 posts already on this thread!! :lovestruc Thanks to everyone for stopping in!! :flower3:

Last edited:

We are planning for our first trip as owners on September 8-15, 2018!

:welcome:Welcome to the thread! We are also planning our trip for that week. I just realized my dates aren't posted so I must not have added them yet! We will be "home" at CCV from Sept 9-14, 2018. Can't wait to make our first booking next week.

Thoughts?

As Matty B13 mentioned, I would also ask for a new guide if that one isn't willing to accommodate your request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter