•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

:welcome: And Thank you for stopping by!! So exciting!! Please tell us how you like the cabins!!! We’d love it if you could share your room view after your trip! I’ll add you to page 1!! Have a great time!!!!!

I will be happy to get back to you!

We just became DVC members this month and purchased CCV. Our first trip is March 2018. I am so excited. I love WL and CCV was perfect for us.
:welcome: It is so fun to see all the new owners joining in! We felt the same about WL and CCV. Jealous of your March trip. I am so excited to try out our new "home" but we have another trip booked staying elsewhere (and my husband is happy I have people to share in that excitement).

I edited my post! I remembered you’ve stopped in before! Must have not added you, sorry about that! You’re up there now! Is that your 1st trip to CCV?!
Yes, it will be my first stay!
In April, I and 4 friends have booked a DCL cruise, and we will share a 2 bedroom at CC the night before the cruise. That night will be April 20.
I like the fact that your home is actually inside the Wilderness Lodge. We all are so excited about this stay! Two of them are DVC folks who have never stayed in the Wilderness Lodge area at all!

Yes, it will be my first stay!
In April, I and 4 friends have booked a DCL cruise, and we will share a 2 bedroom at CC the night before the cruise. That night will be April 20.
I like the fact that your home is actually inside the Wilderness Lodge. We all are so excited about this stay! Two of them are DVC folks who have never stayed in the Wilderness Lodge area at all!

I completely agree!!! We LOVE WL and love the fact that we actually will still be in the Lodge and not a separate building!!! We can’t wait to get back there!

I completely agree!!! We LOVE WL and love the fact that we actually will still be in the Lodge and not a separate building!!! We can’t wait to get back there!

I totally agree! It was a selling point for us for this location. I am sure both DVC properties at WL are wonderful and we hope to stay at both, but we like the location inside the lodge for a number of reasons.

I totally agree! It was a selling point for us for this location. I am sure both DVC properties at WL are wonderful and we hope to stay at both, but we like the location inside the lodge for a number of reasons.

Yes!!! And we go every year in November when all the decorations are out!! I can sit around the tree and fireplace all day!!!! Just SO beautiful!!! When we go this November we are going to walk around the property and just soak it all in!! It’s funny, before they started all the DVC construction, we were so upset they were taking up Lodge rooms for DVC! Here we are two years later, Owners!!! LOL Still can’t believe it!

As a long time VWL (and new CCV) owner, I always felt a little disappointed to be relegated to the building in the back. I'm much more jazzed to be staying in the main building now, just as I prefer staying in Jambo vs Kidani at AKL. Sometimes change is good!

As a long time VWL (and new CCV) owner, I always felt a little disappointed to be relegated to the building in the back. I'm much more jazzed to be staying in the main building now, just as I prefer staying in Jambo vs Kidani at AKL. Sometimes change is good!

Our experience at Kidani is exactly what convinced us to choose a resort with DVC in the main building. It wasn't bad, but we found ourselves walking to Jambo frequently and wished we were there instead.

My husband and I are new DVC owners at CCV :tongue: I made the call to purchase the day before we left for a trip to Hawaii which means we didn't get everything signed and mailed out until almost 2 weeks later. I wish I looked into purchasing DVC earlier so that we could've stayed at Aulani instead of a hotel while on Oahu.

Our deed hasn't closed yet, but we have an October UY. Sadly, our first trip won't be until November/December 2018, so we have 2016 and 2017 points to spare. We'll be looking into either renting out or transferring those points for someone else to use. We have two other non-WDW trips in the works for early next year, but I'm most excited about the WDW trip that's over a year away and isn't even booked yet!

My husband and I are new DVC owners at CCV :tongue: I made the call to purchase the day before we left for a trip to Hawaii which means we didn't get everything signed and mailed out until almost 2 weeks later. I wish I looked into purchasing DVC earlier so that we could've stayed at Aulani instead of a hotel while on Oahu.

Our deed hasn't closed yet, but we have an October UY. Sadly, our first trip won't be until November/December 2018, so we have 2016 and 2017 points to spare. We'll be looking into either renting out or transferring those points for someone else to use. We have two other non-WDW trips in the works for early next year, but I'm most excited about the WDW trip that's over a year away and isn't even booked yet!

:welcome: And CONGRATS!!!! So exciting!!! I think we all regret not buying sooner!! There are a bunch of very knowledgeable and helpful DVC owners here who will be able to help with any questions you might have! It’s great to have you as our new neighbor!! Hope to see you around the board! I’ll get you up on Page 1!!

*WELCOME HOME!!!*

:welcome: And CONGRATS!!!! So exciting!!! I think we all regret not buying sooner!! There are a bunch of very knowledgeable and helpful DVC owners here who will be able to help with any questions you might have! It’s great to have you as our new neighbor!! Hope to see you around the board! I’ll get you up on Page 1!!

*WELCOME HOME!!!*

Thank you so much! I've already been "saved" numerous times by the awesome and knowledgeable owners who led me through my decision-making process. This board has been more help than I could ever hope for!

Just signed a contract for CCV after staying in a 2BR Sept 20-24. Such a beautiful place, and can't wait to go back Aug 2018!

We were not given an option for use year though - sales rep told us that April is the month being spit out by the computer, so that is the month we would have. :-(

Just signed a contract for CCV after staying in a 2BR Sept 20-24. Such a beautiful place, and can't wait to go back Aug 2018!

We were not given an option for use year though - sales rep told us that April is the month being spit out by the computer, so that is the month we would have. :-(

Congrats, and welcome! :welcome:

If you really want a different use year, I'm guessing you can probably get it if you call your guide and tell them you're thinking of canceling the deal (I think you have 10 days to do so) unless you can get a different use year. When we bought our first contract, our guide tried to "tell us" what our use year was going to be, but I insisted on April instead. That was in 2015, so maybe things have changed since then, but I know I've read other stories of people successfully insisting on a different use year than the guide wanted to sell. Maybe ask for other people's experiences on the purchasing DVC board (if you haven't already)?

:welcome: and CONGRATS!! So exciting!!!! It’s funny, when I purchased the end of August, they told me the same thing, that only April was available. But the more involved we got in conversation over those few days, I said I would prefer something a little later in the year. She said she would look into it and came back to me with June or October. I told her October would be better since we travel November every year! But my guide kept pushing April! I didn’t even know you can ask for a different use year until I was asking questions on the boards! Was your guide trying to give you April because of the time you travel? Or did your guide say that was all that was available?

*WELCOME HOME!*

Last edited:
I would call up your guide about the UY as well if you didn't like it. Cancel the contract if your guide won't change it.

I agree with all of the above posts. I told the guide that with our predicted travel pattern we would need December. He made it sounds like it was not the norm to offer a different UY than April, but we were insistent on that being a condition for us. I hate having to push for these things, but it was worth it for us (both because of future travel and because we wanted 2016 points). I wonder why April in particular?

I agree with all of the above posts. I told the guide that with our predicted travel pattern we would need December. He made it sounds like it was not the norm to offer a different UY than April, but we were insistent on that being a condition for us. I hate having to push for these things, but it was worth it for us (both because of future travel and because we wanted 2016 points). I wonder why April in particular?

Do you think they have to reach a certain quota for each UY month?!

I wonder why April in particular?

It's like PixiePrincess said....

sales rep told us that April is the month being spit out by the computer

I'm sure that getting another UY is a manual process of some sort. And it probably makes it easier to just sell through the various UY months one at a time. But really, you should only have to ask once without having to be forceful with the sales rep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter