•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

So I was thinking of booking a long weekend in May now that we have our contract set but CCV is booked nd would be waitlisted 2 out of 4 days. I booked Boulder Ridge. How much of a difference is there in the two? We have never been to Wilderness Lodge before we always stayed at BC or YC every year. This weekend will most likely be a non park trip just to relax. My in-laws live 2 hours from Disney in the middle of no where and we hate going to their house so we were going to have them meet us there instead lol

You might consider waitlisting the entire stay at CCV. Normally a 4-day WL has trouble filling, but since not all of CCV has been declared into the condominium yet, you have a good chance of filling that WL next time DVD does declare more units (it opens up several more villas all at one time). That’s how we got our four nights in January — waitlisted and set it to drop a 4-night BWV stay we booked at 11 months. It filled right around the time DVD declared more units.

Has anyone been able to get a pic of those larger studios they have? I've been itching to see one but haven't noticed anything posted?

Last edited:
You might consider waitlisting the entire stay at CCV. Normally a 4-day WL has trouble filling, but since not all of CCV has been declared into the condominium yet, you have a good chance of filling that WL next time DVD does declare more units (it opens up several more villas all at one time). That’s how we got our four nights in January — waitlisted and set it to drop a 4-night BWV stay we booked at 11 months. It filled right around the time DVD declared more units.
Do they open up more 2 bedroom rooms too?

Does anyone know of which studio room numbers that are corners like e.g. room 5115 but a walk in shower instead of a tub/shower like 5115 is ? @GrandCalifornian plan doesnt have which is which and some google results just show if they are studios or not. Thanks!

Do they open up more 2 bedroom rooms too?

Even though they declare specific “residential units” into the condominium, the relationship between residential units and specific villas isn’t clear. The main thing is that a declaration seems to result in more availability of all sizes of vilas, so it’s worth putting in the waitlist!

How does the waitlist work? Can I keep my boulder ridge and waitlist CCV? I’d hate for the waitlist not to open up and have no room?

How does the waitlist work? Can I keep my boulder ridge and waitlist CCV? I’d hate for the waitlist not to open up and have no room?

Yes! You can either do it online or call. You won’t lose your reservation! It will replace it though when or if your waitlist comes in, though.

Does anyone know of which studio room numbers that are corners like e.g. room 5115 but a walk in shower instead of a tub/shower like 5115 is ? @GrandCalifornian plan doesnt have which is which and some google results just show if they are studios or not. Thanks!
We do not have any official confirmation about which rooms have tubs vs walk in showers, but we began tracking the information that people posted here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-lovers-group•.3631019/page-58#post-59014897

Based off of videos that have been posted online, it appears that most of the x115 rooms have tubs. The only known likely exception is 4115, which is a handicapped accessible room, so likely has a walk in shower, but we have yet to see pictures to confirm this.

Based off the photos I have observed, I feel that it is likely that all first floor studios have tubs, which leaves some others throughout the resort which are likely the x115 rooms plus just a few others. The rest of the studios are likely to have walk in showers.

I am always looking for more information, and once we can make a conclusion regarding tub room locations I'll reflect it on the map.

Wouldn’t they still do it for them since she bought direct?

The Welcome Home booking is only for brand new members in their first direct purchase. It is not offered to any existing owner no matter how they bought their first contract(s).

We do not have any official confirmation about which rooms have tubs vs walk in showers, but we began tracking the information that people posted here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-lovers-group•.3631019/page-58#post-59014897

Based off of videos that have been posted online, it appears that most of the x115 rooms have tubs. The only known likely exception is 4115, which is a handicapped accessible room, so likely has a walk in shower, but we have yet to see pictures to confirm this.

Based off the photos I have observed, I feel that it is likely that all first floor studios have tubs, which leaves some others throughout the resort which are likely the x115 rooms plus just a few others. The rest of the studios are likely to have walk in showers.

I am always looking for more information, and once we can make a conclusion regarding tub room locations I'll reflect it on the map.
Thanks, the only issue I see is in her review of that room the shades let a lot of light into the room, I wonder if this is just due to the bed being in a separate area as this is a corner room, or if all studios are like this with the shades letting light in issue.

Last edited:
Yes! You can either do it online or call. You won’t lose your reservation! It will replace it though when or if your waitlist comes in, though.
One more question? Since it’s our first trip should I call and see if they can make CCV work since our welcome home trip?

One more question? Since it’s our first trip should I call and see if they can make CCV work since our welcome home trip?

What I've been told is that if you've already made a reservation then the Welcome home trip perk isn't an option. It looks like you've booked BRV so my understanding is that you would no longer qualify. Of course you could still call and ask but expect the possibility that you may be told you do not qualify now.

What I've been told is that if you've already made a reservation then the Welcome home trip perk isn't an option. It looks like you've booked BRV so my understanding is that you would no longer qualify. Of course you could still call and ask but expect the possibility that you may be told you do not qualify now.

It's worth a try! After we bought CCV I booked our next stay online at VGF, then a couple of weeks later I called MS to add several nights at the Poly to the beginning of the trip and they were able to book it as a "Welcome Home" perk since those nights weren't available anymore on the RAT (this was less than 5 months out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter