• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I haven’t stayed in a studio before at CC. Are the walk in shower rooms the better rooms for studios?

The regular studio (without walk-in shower designation) has a full tub with shower. They are also popular because they are almost entirely on the first floor, save for the alternate studios, of which there is one per floor. The alternate studios are a larger layout and look much nicer.

There are more walk-in shower studios since they take up floors 2 and up so they are slightly easier to book in that respect.

Hopefully you have tickets for the parks. There have been some changes and you will need a park reservation to enter. Also, no fireworks for the near future. Check the news and rumors forum for more information.

Otherwise, welcome home!

We always like facing the courtyard so we can people watch, but I think any view for copper Creek would be good

We have APs! So we are all set to go! Thank you :)

Depends on what you want. For a quieter room, request facing BRV. Full balconies end on I think the 5th floor, and laundry is on the 4th floor, so those are good things to keep in mind if a high floor is important and you care about a balcony or laundry. A high floor room near Geyser Point facing the main pool/Wilderness Lodge will get you a chance at seeing fireworks.

Thank you! That's awesome advice!

Now I just have to call DVC and merge my two reservations into one! Last time I called it was a 95 minute wait on the phone!

We did a split stay in Oct 2019.....and had the best of both worlds! Concentrated on DHS/Epcot while at BC and the other two parks while staying at our home resort of CCV. Stormalong Bay was indeed fantastic but the ambiance of CCV cannot be compared

That's a pretty cool idea actually. Do they let you do that if you use something like DVC rental store?

Now I just have to call DVC and merge my two reservations into one! Last time I called it was a 95 minute wait on the phone!
Were you successful? Have you tried Chat or email via the member website, instead of calling? I haven’t had to merge reservations, so I don’t know whether it can be done via chat or email, thus my question.

Were you successful? Have you tried Chat or email via the member website, instead of calling? I haven’t had to merge reservations, so I don’t know whether it can be done via chat or email, thus my question.

I did try to chat and they are not able to make changes to the reservations so we have to call! I'm hoping to find a better time of day! If not I'll just enjoy the Disney music!

we are booked CCV studio for Sept 24-30th! We were booked at Jambo house but swapped today. Looks like it will be 3 years in a row for CCV/BRV! We stayed BRV 2018, CCV 2019, and now CCV 2020! We were originally booked for April and when that cancelled we rebooked for Sept and grabbed Jambo house. When I saw an opening today and even though I had waitlisted CCV and not got it I was psyched to see it open and grabbed it! So back we go to WL! 95 days.....

I have a few nights booked at copper creek studio (walk-in shower). Boulder ridge is also open. I'm curious to see what boulder ridge is like compared to it. Havn't stayed at either before but absolutely love the ambiance of the lodge when I visit. For those of you that have stayed at both, which one do you prefer? Also what request is good for a nice view at coppercreek?

Looking to buy into CCV (currently own at BRV and AKL), and am curious to know about availability beyond studios. How hard is to get a 1 BR or 2 BR Thanksgiving week or first week of December? What about Disney Marathon, President's Day week in February, or during Sep/Oct? Skier Peter's charts don't include CCV yet, so if any current owners can help me understand 1 BR / 2 BR availability in these timeframes, that would be great!

Looking to buy into CCV (currently own at BRV and AKL), and am curious to know about availability beyond studios. How hard is to get a 1 BR or 2 BR Thanksgiving week or first week of December? What about Disney Marathon, President's Day week in February, or during Sep/Oct? Skier Peter's charts don't include CCV yet, so if any current owners can help me understand 1 BR / 2 BR availability in these timeframes, that would be great!
It looks like there is very good availability for both next spring 11-7 months currently looking at the booking site. Cabins are wide open:):snooty:

We have an upcoming stay in a CCV 1-br ... does anyone have suggestions on a good room request? We expect we'll spend a little more time on-resort than usual since there's no park hopping. Thanks!

Want to officially say hello there, as we became owners at CCV!!

After some debate - because we do love 1 BRs - we actually just bought two Guaranteed Weeks at CCV in Studios - #47 and #48! We do have two boys, now teenagers, and decided to do it this way so we could eventually leave them each one week, but also so that once my husband and I are traveling ourselves, we can do two weeks in Disney at our favorite time of year (Thanksgiving & Christmas season) without having to worry about grabbing reservations. We figured the two weeks guaranteed was worth "downgrading" to a Studio. :)

Best part is that we got the current incentives being offered, and the GW points are still at the original fixed chart. So week #47 still cost 118 points guaranteed even though it will cost 123 points to book in 2021! Week #48 is 118 points guaranteed, and now costs 110 in 2021. But all told, we're only paying an extra 3 points to get guaranteed weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and into first week of December, so we're definitely okay with that. I'm pretty happy even if my savings account is not. ;-)

We also currently own at BRV and AKL, too, and have wanted to add CCV to our home for when we pass 2042 and lose BRV. So excited to officially call CCV home now!

I have a few nights booked at copper creek studio (walk-in shower). Boulder ridge is also open. I'm curious to see what boulder ridge is like compared to it. Havn't stayed at either before but absolutely love the ambiance of the lodge when I visit. For those of you that have stayed at both, which one do you prefer? Also what request is good for a nice view at coppercreek?
I'm a little biased as we own at VWL (or what they now call Boulder Ridge Villas or BRV), but I've stayed in CC a couple of times. I don't know that one is better than the other, frankly, but the deciding issue for us is tranquility, and VWL, er, BRV beats CC by a nose there.
- CC is newer and shinier, but the rooms generally have less square footage than BRV counterparts.
- CC offers you the ability to stay indoors and be right there at the main Lodge during inclement weather.
- BRV is but a 2-minute walk underneath a sweeping, covered walkway.
- CC and BRV are equidistant to the bus stop.
- CC is closer to the restaurants in the main building, but BRV offers more serenity as you don't walk out of your door and immediately faced with all the guests in the lobby and waiting to get into said restaurants.

It's tough to be the ambiance of WL, whether you stay at CC or BRV. If you want new and shiny, then CC is your best bet. If you want to feel a little more sequestered and relaxed, then go for BRV. We enjoy both.

After some debate - because we do love 1 BRs - we actually just bought two Guaranteed Weeks at CCV in Studios - #47 and #48! We do have two boys, now teenagers, and decided to do it this way so we could eventually leave them each one week, but also so that once my husband and I are traveling ourselves, we can do two weeks in Disney at our favorite time of year (Thanksgiving & Christmas season) without having to worry about grabbing reservations. We figured the two weeks guaranteed was worth "downgrading" to a Studio. :)

Best part is that we got the current incentives being offered, and the GW points are still at the original fixed chart. So week #47 still cost 118 points guaranteed even though it will cost 123 points to book in 2021! Week #48 is 118 points guaranteed, and now costs 110 in 2021. But all told, we're only paying an extra 3 points to get guaranteed weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and into first week of December, so we're definitely okay with that. I'm pretty happy even if my savings account is not. ;-)

We also currently own at BRV and AKL, too, and have wanted to add CCV to our home for when we pass 2042 and lose BRV. So excited to officially call CCV home now!

:welcome:and Congrats! So exciting! Happy you found us!! I LOVE the Lodge when it’s decorated for Christmas!! It’s so beautiful!! I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1!! (what is your UY and month purchased)

So how does the GW work? They automatically book it right? So at on the first day of the 11 month booking window, if you aren't staying during the GW can you just go on and cancel the booking or modify it too the new travel date? Is there a chart for GW's for Copper Creek?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter