•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

New DVC owner here and I have a few questions!!

Some background: I'll be running the Princess Half Marathon weekend and want to stay in a DVC studio for 4 nights (2/21-2/25). I currently have 2/23-2/24 booked at CCV and have each of my missing nights (2/21 and 2/22) individually waitlisted. I'm obsessively stalking the website for availability for those nights at CCV and nothing has come available. My 7 month booking window for booking at all resorts opens on 7/21 and I'm reasonably confident I'll be able to book a studio somewhere on property if I log in and get it done right at 8am on 7/21.

I'm fortunate that I've got enough points to book whatever studio I can get for those nights as a backup while still keeping my two nights at CCV I've already got (in hopes that my two waitlisted nights come through), but I'd really like to stay at "home" for my first trip as a DVC member. Knowing that others have probably booked those dates at CCV as their home resort with every intention of changing out their reservation once the 7 month booking window opens up, what are the odds of my waitlisted dates coming through?

Thanks!!!

I think your chances are very good, especially since you have the two nights waitlisted individually. Remember that not all of CCV has been declared into the condominium yet, which means that not all rooms are available to be booked on points. As more units are declared, more rooms will come open and your waitlist will fill.

I've been watching studio availability at both CCV and BRV the last few months, waiting for my 7-month window to open for Jan. 21-25 because I wanted to switch my reservation at BWV. Both have had at least one or two of the four nights shown as unavailable for the last couple of weeks, but when I logged in on "the" day I was surprised to find all four nights available at CCV. We grabbed it!

So be patient. I suspect your waitlist will fill before you reach the 7-month date.

I think your chances are very good, especially since you have the two nights waitlisted individually. Remember that not all of CCV has been declared into the condominium yet, which means that not all rooms are available to be booked on points. As more units are declared, more rooms will come open and your waitlist will fill.

I've been watching studio availability at both CCV and BRV the last few months, waiting for my 7-month window to open for Jan. 21-25 because I wanted to switch my reservation at BWV. Both have had at least one or two of the four nights shown as unavailable for the last couple of weeks, but when I logged in on "the" day I was surprised to find all four nights available at CCV. We grabbed it!

So be patient. I suspect your waitlist will fill before you reach the 7-month date.

Thank you! I hope it does, the watching and waiting without any movement makes me anxious. If need be I'm not opposed to staying elsewhere; I don't go to the parks on my RunDisney weekends (outside of running through them :P ) so park proximity is not a factor for me. I'm more interested in a comfy bed and decent food on site and a relatively quiet atmosphere since bedtime the nights before the races is rather early. But I'd rather stay at CCV my first time using my points. I'll keep waiting and stalking and, one way or another, I'll have a place to rest my head come February.

Thank you! I hope it does, the watching and waiting without any movement makes me anxious. If need be I'm not opposed to staying elsewhere; I don't go to the parks on my RunDisney weekends (outside of running through them :P ) so park proximity is not a factor for me. I'm more interested in a comfy bed and decent food on site and a relatively quiet atmosphere since bedtime the nights before the races is rather early. But I'd rather stay at CCV my first time using my points. I'll keep waiting and stalking and, one way or another, I'll have a place to rest my head come February.

Have you used your 'welcome home' booking yet? If not, call your guide... maybe there is something they can do to help you get that CCV room! I've seen several reports on these boards, but have not ever personally done this. Never hurts to ask :)

Never heard of a Welcome Home booking, but then we first purchased in 2009. It has been my observation that guides are willing to get you a room if it means you will buy more points from them.

I think you would have a good chance at many of the DVC resorts as Mardi Gras in 2019 is not a factor for that week, many Louisiana schools are off for Mardi Gras and many come to WDW for a family vacation. Good luck getting the resort you want. Keep in mind it is hard to get reservations at the smaller resorts like VGF. And if you book at larger resorts do not assume the cheapest room types, standard view at BWV and BLT, and values at AKV will be available as even the owners at those resorts want to save points and often book them at the 11 month mark.

Welcome Home!

Last edited:

What's a "welcome home" booking?

When you buy direct, sometimes they can 'pixie dust' a room for the first booking (at the resort that's being actively sold at the moment). I assume they have a pool of points they can pull rooms from. But yes, DenLo, it probably works better if the request is made before you sign by the mickey heads!

When you buy direct, sometimes they can 'pixie dust' a room for the first booking (at the resort that's being actively sold at the moment). I assume they have a pool of points they can pull rooms from. But yes, DenLo, it probably works better if the request is made before you sign by the mickey heads!

It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the resort that is being sold. I think it’s as long as they have inventory available for you to book for a trip within a certain timeframe. In our case, we bought at CCV in December and called MS (don’t need to contact your guide) a couple weeks later to book our May stay at the Poly and were able to do so despite lack of availability on the DVC site for points bookings. Doesn’t hurt to call MS and ask if they can help you with a welcome home booking if you bought direct recently!

It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the resort that is being sold. I think it’s as long as they have inventory available for you to book for a trip within a certain timeframe. In our case, we bought at CCV in December and called MS (don’t need to contact your guide) a couple weeks later to book our May stay at the Poly and were able to do so despite lack of availability on the DVC site for points bookings. Doesn’t hurt to call MS and ask if they can help you with a welcome home booking if you bought direct recently!

I'm calling MS tomorrow morning to ask about a Welcome Home booking, I'll let you know what I find out....this would be so great if it works, having the anxiety of this off my plate would be most welcome!!!

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if the picnic table could be moved the fireplace side (or other part of L shape of the porch?)

I'm calling MS tomorrow morning to ask about a Welcome Home booking, I'll let you know what I find out....this would be so great if it works, having the anxiety of this off my plate would be most welcome!!!

Unfortunately I missed out on my Welcome Home booking since I've already successfully made reservations using my points :oops:

Oh well!! Fingers are crossed my waitlisted nights will pan out for me :-)

Worth noting....

After OCT 28 2018? The WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants.
As we are DVC homed here - we are very disappointed :(.

Prior to buying in to CCV, or BRV? You might want to inquire about this situation.

How are people finding the studios with 4 people in the room? Looking to purchase very soon and heavily leaning towards CC.. just little bit of hesitation with having to have the kids sleep on a pullout/Murphy bed

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if the picnic table could be moved the fireplace side (or other part of L shape of the porch?)

The area near the fireplace is slightly larger than the width of a chair and the picnic table is much wider, so I don't think it would work. And I don't know if the picnic table is moveable anyway.

DSC_7702.jpg DSC_7704.jpg

How are people finding the studios with 4 people in the room? Looking to purchase very soon and heavily leaning towards CC.. just little bit of hesitation with having to have the kids sleep on a pullout/Murphy bed

I could be wrong, but I thought the Copper Creek studios do not have a pull-down bed or a sleep chair. Just the bed and the sleep sofa.

Is artist point closing?

It is all conjecture at this point, but Artist Point is not permitting reservations starting this fall , October 29th onwards. There are rumors it will become a character meal. Other than Cinderella's Royal Table there aren't any signature restaurants that are character meals too, so many are theorizing that Artist Point will not longer be a signature restaurant.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I missed out on my Welcome Home booking since I've already successfully made reservations using my points :oops:

Oh well!! Fingers are crossed my waitlisted nights will pan out for me :-)

Sorry they couldn't help you! I wonder if it depends on who you talk to? The day we bought, I used our points to book part of our trip at VGF since there was availability. Then a couple of weeks later, I called MS to use the "welcome home" booking to book the other part of our trip at the Poly. They didn't give me any issues about already having booked a reservation using my points. Perhaps you could try talking to someone else? Otherwise I hope your wait list works out!

Does anybody know if a family of 5 ( kids are 14,10, 6) can stay en either a studio or 1 one bedroom without getting in trouble. We usually bring a inflatable bed but have done multiple stays in Caribbean Beach Hotels with no trouble .

Does anybody know if a family of 5 ( kids are 14,10, 6) can stay en either a studio or 1 one bedroom without getting in trouble. We usually bring a inflatable bed but have done multiple stays in Caribbean Beach Hotels with no trouble .

That is over occupancy at CCV for both studios and 1brs. Other locations allow 5 in studios and/or 1 BR's though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter