•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Does anybody know if a family of 5 ( kids are 14,10, 6) can stay en either a studio or 1 one bedroom without getting in trouble. We usually bring a inflatable bed but have done multiple stays in Caribbean Beach Hotels with no trouble .

That is over occupancy at CCV for both studios and 1brs. Other locations allow 5 in studios and/or 1 BR's though.

Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge can do five in either a studio or one bedroom. DVC added the murphy bed to the studio on the last remodel at BRV. The rooms at Copper Creek are narrow so there isn't room for the murphy bed in either the studio nor the 1BR.

I think your chances are very good, especially since you have the two nights waitlisted individually. Remember that not all of CCV has been declared into the condominium yet, which means that not all rooms are available to be booked on points. As more units are declared, more rooms will come open and your waitlist will fill.

I've been watching studio availability at both CCV and BRV the last few months, waiting for my 7-month window to open for Jan. 21-25 because I wanted to switch my reservation at BWV. Both have had at least one or two of the four nights shown as unavailable for the last couple of weeks, but when I logged in on "the" day I was surprised to find all four nights available at CCV. We grabbed it!

So be patient. I suspect your waitlist will fill before you reach the 7-month date.

Woo Hoo! Stalking the RAT paid off and I've got one of my waitlisted nights booked :D

Now only one more to go!!

Thanks! I was just wondering because it seems like it moves a lot in the photos I have seen online... maybe each cabin just has it in a slightly different location?

I have only been in the one they use for tours, so I can't help you there.

Headed to CCV at the end of the month for one week. 1st time through DVC Requesting advice from veterans as to what might be helpful to bring/arrange in advance -- intend to do cooking in villa most of the time. Kitchen is equipped with utensils but nothing else right? I've seen suggestions for laundry detergent pods for extra laundry washes. We will be ordering grocery service. Any other guidance? Thanks.

Yes, if you are going to do laundry more than once, bring (order) more laundry. I bring spices that I'll need to cook with from home, packed in zip lock bags in suitcase. Other than that, just the normal groceries you will want. Have fun.

Headed to CCV at the end of the month for one week. 1st time through DVC Requesting advice from veterans as to what might be helpful to bring/arrange in advance -- intend to do cooking in villa most of the time. Kitchen is equipped with utensils but nothing else right? I've seen suggestions for laundry detergent pods for extra laundry washes. We will be ordering grocery service. Any other guidance? Thanks.

Yes, if you are going to do laundry more than once, bring (order) more laundry. I bring spices that I'll need to cook with from home, packed in zip lock bags in suitcase. Other than that, just the normal groceries you will want. Have fun.

The kitchen is stocked with utensils, pots and pans, dishes for 12, wine glasses (I think only for 8) maybe they assume the some of the guests are children. You can request more. You will be given detergent for the dishwasher and paper towels and just call housekeeping if you need more. Coffee and detergent for the laundry is limited, a couple of pod coffees but some say they are really only for a 4 cup Mr. Coffee maker (you have a 12 cup Mr. Coffeemaker) bring your own coffee and flat bottom filters for more pots of coffee. The laundry detergent is only enough for one load, bring your own for more loads. You will get more coffee and laundry detergent on Trash and Towel or Full Cleaning days.

LoveMickey is right about the seasonings, you do not even get salt and pepper. We also bring chip clips and some smaller plastic bowls with lids from Gladware or Ziplock for leftovers. If you like large bowls of cereal you can use those plastic bowls in lieu of the small cereal bowls provided.

Last edited:
The kitchen is stocked with utensils, pots and pans, dishes for 12, wine glasses (I think only for 8) maybe they assume the some of the guests are children. You can request more. You will be given detergent for the dishwasher and paper towels and just call housekeeping if you need more. Coffee and detergent for the laundry is limited, a couple of pod coffees but some say they are really only for a 4 cup Mr. Coffee maker (you have a 12 cup Mr. Coffeemaker) bring your own coffee and flat bottom filters for more pots of coffee. The laundry detergent is only enough for one load, bring your own for more loads. You will get more coffee and laundry detergent on Trash and Towel or Full Cleaning days.

LoveMickey is right about the seasonings, you do not even get salt and pepper. We also bring chip clips and some smaller plastic bowls with lids from Gladware or Ziplock for leftovers. If you like large bowls of cereal you can use those plastic bowls in lieu of the small cereal bowls provided.
Thank you both. Very helpful

I saw a post somewhere on the boards (of course I can't find it now :P) about different room levels at WL, specifically "Fireworks Views". What are the odds that CCV (and/or BRV) split the DVC accommodations into two categories (Standard & Preferred)? If they do that, would the points cost for a Standard accommodation go down to compensate for the elevated points cost of a Preferred accommodation?

Just curious :)

Went ahead and booked our first trip as owners yesterday! We're booked for CCV June 2-7 (for some reason it wouldn't let me book the 8th). At 7 months out I planned on trying to drop the 7th and add a reservation for the 7th-8th at OKW to get a feel for that resort. That trip will be interesting though. We have military family that's supposed to be coming down as well, but DH will be graduating with his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in May and it's his dream to find something in Disney Imagineering. He knows he probably won't get on right away, but from what we've seen the Kissimmee/ Orlando area is top in growth in the country right now for Engineering so we know he'll find something. That trip may turn into a shorter Disney trip with us looking for houses. :)

I saw a post somewhere on the boards (of course I can't find it now :P) about different room levels at WL, specifically "Fireworks Views". What are the odds that CCV (and/or BRV) split the DVC accommodations into two categories (Standard & Preferred)? If they do that, would the points cost for a Standard accommodation go down to compensate for the elevated points cost of a Preferred accommodation?

Here's a post from the WL FAQ thread that shows pricing info for the new "Nature Fireworks View" category: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-wilderness-lodge-boulder-ridge-villas-copper-creek-villas-and-cabins-information-thread.3372315/page-435#post-59374529

I highly doubt that the DVC properties at WL will be split into different bookable views with different point costs associated with each. Like you pointed out, the average points cost would need to not increase, so there would be no net profit increase. Since DVC properties run at near 100% occupancy, there would be no need for this change, and no benefit from it. There also isn't that much variation in views at Copper Creek, and Boulder Ridge has done just fine without separate cost categories for view. I appreciate the simplicity, and that's one less factor to worry about. Room and view requests are one fine, but charging different points values accordingly probably isn't likely.

When you buy direct, sometimes they can 'pixie dust' a room for the first booking (at the resort that's being actively sold at the moment). I assume they have a pool of points they can pull rooms from. But yes, DenLo, it probably works better if the request is made before you sign by the mickey heads!
It's for the very first booking as a new DVC member. We purchased resale for 1st contract & just added direct... We attempted to book CCV using the WH Booking and were advised by Member Svcs that we were not eligible as we are existing members (even though CCV is a direct, new purchase). :crazy2:

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I thought the Copper Creek studios do not have a pull-down bed or a sleep chair. Just the bed and the sleep sofa.
No such luck on MURPHY bed or sleeper chair at CC. Since it was considered a renovation on existing rooms, the size and capacity of max 4 occupants carried over to the "new" CC rooms. BRV has a Murphy bed / accommodation for 5 in their studios.

My understanding is you can ask the front desk for more laundry detergent... you shouldn’t have to bring any. They have utensils & pots/pans, too. (Oops - just read DenLo’s response... exactly what DenLo said. :rolleyes1).

I doubt DVC rooms at CCV will have these categories as we do not see all of the fireworks on the high ones from any rooms. I think it is a ridiculous category and way overpriced category anyway.

My understanding is you can ask the front desk for more laundry detergent... you shouldn’t have to bring any. They have utensils & pots/pans, too. (Oops - just read DenLo’s response... exactly what DenLo said. :rolleyes1).

I expect getting free laundry detergent at the front desk will go away when too many start asking for it. DVC members are supposed to be charged for any additional laundry detergents. And giving it away free is one of the reasons why our dues go up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter