01/04/05 4 Day Magic Roll Call

Verandah Man said:
Hi Melody,

Just checking in, did you get your docs yet???

I can't believe Hazel and I leave in two days and we aren't even close to being ready for this trip, YIKES!!! :scared1:
No docs yet. :( If we don't get them by the end of the day today, I'm going to call DVC to see what the holdup is. Luckily we don't leave for Philadelphia until Monday evening, so we still have a few days. I'd just feel much better to have them in my hands. Thanks for asking. BTW -- I'm so happy to hear that the meds are working for Hazel. You both deserve this vacation and this alone-time together.

I haven't even taken our suitcases out of the closets let alone started packing! I'm envious of all of you who have done this already. I'm sure once I have our docs I'll be ready to pack. I did buy some travel-sized things from the grocery store a couple weeks ago, so I have that together in a bag. I'll get there! LOL I have to go online to see what Airtran's luggage and carry-on regulations are. We really don't want to check any bags at Phili's airport given their problems this last week, but there is no way we can't take a razor with us for shaving. And the ones they sell onboard are not very good. EB will have toilet paper all over his face! LOL

Well, enough blabbing...I'll let you know if our docs come today. Is anyone else still waiting for theirs?
:flower: Mel :flower:

gail1771 said:
Last night around 8pm there was a horrible smell of oil coming though the house. I went downstairs to where the oil tank(old oil tank) is and the tank was leaking oil all over the place-YUCK.We called the oil company. The service man was saying we could not go on vacaion and leave the tank in this condition. I was freeking out!!!!! I let DH handle this one. They patched the tank. We have enough oil for about 2 weeks. We were suppose to get a oil delivery and I am glad they stopped it for tomorrow. We have wonderful neighbors that will check daily to make sure it is not leaking. We put a large foil pan under the patch where it was leaking. The bad new is we need new oil tank. They will be installing it when we get home . They will be sinking it into the ground on our front lawn!!!!!!!!!!! We will need a new sprinkler system once that is done. I etll ya the stress level last night was through the roof!!
See you all soon. Fondly, Gail
Gail - I hope this is resolved sufficiently before you leave! What a terribly stressful thing to be dealing with in the dead of winter! PD for you!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

:earseek: OMG, Gail. I am so sorry for all that stress. YOU really need a cruise!

Mel, Glad you got your docs. Here's a dance for ya! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Congrats to all those who have finally recieved there documents. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Well tomorrow is the day for doing laundry and getting packed. :cheer2:

Have to see how much stuff I can get in one suitcase.

Everyone have a good day!!! :flower:

Thanks everyone! Now I'm definitely ready to start packing! :cool1:

We also changed our flight from Saturday to Sunday to include a stay at SSR. So glad we'll get one day in WDW :3dglasses , too! Instead of towncar service as originally planned, we'll do a Budget rental each way. Anyone else renting from Budget before or after the cruise?

Now I feel a surge of energy!!! :rockband:

I got my surge of energy today too. I went to the mall and had a blast. I love the after Christmas sales. I got a Tink fleece pull over from the Disney store for $10. It was marked down from $35 and it's a lime green color, so I should be easy to pick out at the terminal. I decided to pack black dress pants and I picked up a few nice shirts to mix and match. That way I don't have to pack a lot of dressy things. I'm hoping to manage with one small carryon suitcase and my backpack. The weather is looking good for our flight out of New England.

So what's everyones plans for New Years? Boston has an awesome first night that we've been bringing the kids into for years. Lot's of cultural events going on, ice sculptures, skating on the pond, they have a parade and then family fireworks at 8pm. They do a big thing at midnight also, but it's great to bring the kids in and still be home early and out of those crowds. DH has to work, but he's close to downtown, so we'll just meet up with him at some point. My b-day is at the stroke of midnight, so that adds to the fun for us. Oh, I'll be 29 :rolleyes1 again!

Tammi

TammiMcMan said:
I got my surge of energy today too. I went to the mall and had a blast. I love the after Christmas sales. I got a Tink fleece pull over from the Disney store for $10. It was marked down from $35 and it's a lime green color, so I should be easy to pick out at the terminal.
Tammi

LOL! I just bought that one, too, on clearance from TDS!!! You have good taste, Tammi! :D :flower:

Melody, how funny is that! I'm planning on wearing mine to the terminal. Should we coordinate the rest of our outfit???

Tammi

Hazel and I will be wearing DISboard lime green t-shirts to the DCL Terminal that I made for us before our first cruise. The back of the t-shirts read:

Join VerandahMan at
www.DISboards.com

Melody, we have a car rental with Budget before and after our cruise as well, only now we are flying back home Saturday instead of Sunday.

I have a lime green DIS shirt that a fellow DISer made for me.

I will wear it also to the terminal :earboy2:

I'm making t-shirts for Leighton & me, but I couldn't find lime green, so they'll be white- probably with princesses on them and our names.

Happy Birthday, Tammi! (My dad's birthday is Jan.1 also).

We have no plans for New Year's Eve except to stay home as usual. New Year's Day we're going to friend's for dinner and watching football (well DH is - I'll be reading a book).

Oh yes, I forgot...on New Year's Eve we have appointments for manicures & pedicures - a real treat for us!

It's getting closer! YAY!
Lisa

My parents gave my sister and I a great Christmas present! They are taking us and our families (including a our children) on the Jan. 4, 2005 cruise!

We can't wait and are really looking forward to it.

Since we haven't been on this cruise before, can anyone clear something up for me?

1) Are sodas now free?
2) Being a 4-night cruise, am I correct in that there isn't a Captain's reception and dressing up isn't really necessary or required? We were hoping to get by with casual dress...we aren't quite sure what to pack.
3) We booked late and couldn't get an early dinner seating. Will this be a problem the kids? I was told they have the option of eating with the kids club..is this true?

Much appreciation to this board and I hope to see you soon!

Praise2Him said:
Fireworks would be cool, Tammi! I hope so!

Fawn, we definitely need to introduce our daughters to each other. It would be nice for them to have a new friend and it sounds like they'd have a lot in common.

Lisa

I'll tell Ashleigh to look for Leighton at the terminal. Girl with big hot pink cast...can't be that hard to find! LOL She is excited to have someone to meet that "sounds fun"! :Pinkbounc

Welcome Aboard!!!

I'll try my best to answer what I can.

(1)There is a soda station on deck 9 aft where you can get free soda. Soda's are also free with your meal. If you get soda at the bar, then you will be charged for that plus the 15% gratuity.

(2)There is NOT a formal or semi-formal night on the four day cruise, so casual wear should be fine. Unless you plan on going to Palo, then you would want to dress up more for that. We are only packing casual wear for this cruise.

(3)Sorry, can't help you with this one, by the time we started cruising our DD was too old for the children's club.

Welcome aboard!!! What a nice present!

OK, as I understand it sodas are now free at all times.
On our 4 night in the past not that many people got real dressed up. Lumiere's is the dressiest restaurant, but that is still more dressy casual. Shorts and tank tops are a no-no for the dining rooms. For the men, dress slacks are the best way to go for the dinners. Women can do pants or a dress/skirt, either is fine. Don't stress over it as you will see people from super casual to very dressy. Just enjoy and be comfortable. Palos is the adult only restaurant and people do dress up more there, but again- no shorts/tank tops is the only real rule (and I still saw that once).
I like to dress up so I usually bring a nice dress for Palos and hubby will wear dress pants and a jacket. Again, be comfortable.
Late seating shouldn't be a problem with your kids. They do have the option of eating in clubs which means they are taken to the buffet at Topsiders. And of course, if they get hungry earlier there are tons of options for food- room service, Topsiders buffet, Plutos & Pinocchios have "fast food" like pizza, burgers, hot dogs, nachos, etc... Scoops has awesome ice cream and fruit,and a lunch time they have wraps. Very yummy.
Hope this helps. See ya onboard!

I have a question,maybe someone knows the anwer.

On the Wonder 3 and 4 day cruises, Beach Blanket Buffet is NOT open at night for the evening meal. You have the choice of the dining room, on deck dining (Pluto's etc.) Palos, or room service.

Do you think that Topsider will be open for evening buffet even though this is a 4 day cruise???

:wave: CruiseAreFun and welcome aboard :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter