• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

01/04/05 4 Day Magic Roll Call

It is so cool to see the countdown timer say "1 day". We watched the DCL Travel Channel special last night, too & we're already planning our next one so the withdrawl isn't so bad. :rolleyes: :D

Off to finish last minute things for cruising. :boat: :wave:

The plumber arrived a few minutes ago and he is already fast at work!!! I did fall back to sleep from 7:30 to 7:50 this morning!!!

Tomorrow "IS" the day!!!!! Tomorrow "IS" the day!!!!!

Glad the plumber made it out to fix your Mom's hot water problem. Yikes! :earseek:

Leaving for Philadelphia around 2 this afternoon. We'll see you all tomorrow afternoon! Can you believe I still haven't packed???!!!

BE SAFE!

I posted the message below on another thread and instead of typing everything over again, I thought I would just paste the message here. Melody, I hope you are packed by now, it's 1:15pm.

We have had one thing happen after another so far on this trip, I won't bore you with all the details, but if you haven't heard, I went to turn the hot water off after getting a shower Saturday night, and the hot water knob broke off in my hand. Luckily, I had the water almost all the way off when the knob broke. On Sunday Hazel and I made our third trip to Walmart since arriving here on Friday evening. I should take stock in that store, LOL!!! Anyhow we bought my mom a new bathtub spicket set, and we found a handyman in the area that came this morning and installed it for us. I would have done it, but my mom didn't have any tools around here to work with. I was expecting to pay at least $100.00 minimum, but the man only charged us $65.00 to install the spickets. I called my mom when he was finished to let her know it was completed, and she just laughed and said, "Add it to my tab." That's a joke between my mom and I.

Anyhow, I just got back from dropping Hazel off at the hairdresser, Hazel wanted to get a perm before we leave tomorrow morning for the cruise. We will probably be leaving my mom's place around 8am tomorrow for our drive down to the port area where we will be dropping our rental car off at Budget, then take the Budget shuttle to the DCL terminal. I will be so glad to get on that ship and "RELAX" for the next four days, oh how I wish it was a 7 day cruise now!!! LOL!!!

Andy

Andy and Hazel - Have a Magical :boat: Time.....and everyone else as well ....wish I was going....will look for your "live from the" posts tomorrow!

GrayFal said:
Andy and Hazel - Have a Magical :boat: Time.....and everyone else as well ....wish I was going....will look for your "live from the" posts tomorrow!

Thanks for all the well wishes for the 1-4-05 cruisers, in just a few hours we will be leaving. It's just after 4am and I couldn't sleep any longer. I'm not excited or anything mind you. I guess I'll have some breakfast and start getting myself ready so when Hazel wakes up, we can get on the road and head south to the MAGIC that awaits us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now!!!!!!!!!!

I have an Almost "LIVE" from the Magic thread started on the Cruise Forum Board. Hazel and I will be leaving my mom's in about one hour to head to the port area. See you later!!!

Hi All,

It sure was fun meeting a good number of you, from the DCL terminal, and on the ship. What a "Magic"al time we have had, great weather, and for the most part, very calm seas. It's a shame it will be ending so soon. I know I have many highlights from this cruise to last me a lifetime!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing what each of you had to say about your experiences on this special four day cruise.

Andy

Welcome Home everyone!!!

That trip was totally wonderful! We didn't hit a snag for 11 days-praise God! Everything more that met our expectations.

I'm doing laundry as we speak--2 loads down, 8 to go. 11 days+ 6 people=LOTS OF DIRTY CLOTHES!!!

Getting ready to watch my Broncos beat the Colts! I'm not even getting out of my pj's unless we go to get much needed groceries!

All 6 of us had a great time. I'm sorry to say I only met Andy and Hazel at the terminal. Missed the meet on promenade :guilty:. By the time I quit WOWing everything it was time for dinner! DH and myself had a great time, the shows were wonderful. We'd probably do more in Nassua the next time, we just got off, walk about--not too far and back on. The food!!!!!! I only gained 5 pounds--lossed 33 before hand so I can handle that.

Courtney(DD14) had a great time at the Stack and playing basketball nearly no-stop.
Katie(DD12) had a good time but was a little bored-too old for the oceaneers lab, too young for the Stack. Tough age to be! but had lots of ice scream!
Morgan(DD11) however loved the lab and ate pizza until she about burst!
Anthony(DS9) also loved the lab and playing basketball with boys his age. He hated that I asked all of them to at least have 30 minutes of dinner with us and then the shows each night. He couldn't wait to get out of the theater when the lights went up!!

I hope everyone had a safe trip back. We came home at midnight to 4 inches of snow--looked alot like Castaway Cay without the palms or sea!!!
Well, I must say that I'm glad to be back (I'm very much a homebody) but would love to go again sometime-maybe in 2006??

It's kickoff time-GO Broncos!
Lynne

It was nice meeting you Lynne at the DCL Terminal!!! I only gained two pounds during our 9 day trip, not bad, considering on our August 2004 cruise I gained 7 pounds.

Below are three, of our most memorable photos, of our 1-4-05 to 1-8-05 MAGICal Cruise.

Andy%20and%20Hazel%20with%20Captain%20Thord.JPG

Hazel and Andy visiting with Captain Thord on the bridge of the Magic on 1-6-05

Hazel%20after%20pushing%20the%20ship's%20horn%20button.JPG

Hazel, just seconds after she pushed the button the blow the ship's horn as we left Castaway Cay on 1-6-05

Andy%20pushing%20the%20Magic's%20horn%20button.JPG

Andy, ready to push the button that sounds the Magic's horn as we sailed away from Castaway Cay on 1-6-05

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!!!

Hi fellow cruisers,

Well we have had quite a reality check since getting back home. We ended up having to circle the airport for an extra 30 minutes so that they could clear off the runway. We landed in the middle of a wintry mix of snow and ice. It feels good to be home and we have some great memories to keep us warm for the rest of the winter.

Here's a shout out to Melissa & Shawn. I hope you had a safe trip back and it was really great meeting you guys.

Till we meet again,
Tammi

Hi everyone. We are home and getting back on track. What an awesome vacation we had. The cruise was wonderful. The children had a blast. It was so nice to meet everyone. We are looking into booking our next DCL. The children wanted to stow away on the ship. Till we all meet again-Gail :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat:

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to say that we arrived safely home just before 6pm tonight. The drive went well but we could do without all of the snow that has "magically" reappeared while we were gone.

We had such a wonderful cruise that was only made better by constantly running into DISers that I had met here and onboard at the DISmeet. Poor Andy and Hazel must have thought I was a stalker because I always seemed to be in whatever part of the ship that they were :earboy2:

Out of the 6 Disney Cruises we have taken, this one had the best weather of them all. It was just wonderful.

I hope everyone else arrived home safely.

Love those pictures Andy. Say hi to Hazel for me. I really enjoyed talking to both of you on the ship. :wave:

Hi Robin,

Glad you made it home safe and sound, that must have been some ride.

It was fun running into you all over the ship, it's really neat running into people you know on such a large ship!!!

Hazel says Hi right back at you!!!

Andy

Hi All,

I just finished downloading most of my photos from our cruise into my webshots account. I am adding the link below for our photos. Even though I added the link, it might be a bit too soon to view the photos, if the link doesn't open try again a little later. I will keep an eye on this and see what happens.

January 4-8, 2005 Cruise Photos

Thanks for the link to the pictures Andy.

I will look forward to checking them out real soon.

Hi everyone.

Andy-thanks for the link of the photos. They are GREAT pictures. We enjoyed looking at them.
Fondly-Gail and Steven

We got home safely. Not too cold, but not warm either. So glad you all had a fab cruise. The weather was so awesome. It was great meeting you all!
Here's a shout back at ya, Tammi & Jim- our wonderful Palo pals!
You guys are such a great couple. We really enjoyed hanging out with you. Brunch was to die for, wasn't it? Maybe we will run into you in WDW sometime. Thanks for the memories.
Back to reality today.
Take care everyone! :grouphug:

Hi everyone! Glad you are all getting home safely. It was fun meeting fellow DISrs. We were able to have dinner nightly with Andy and Hazel -- that was fun! Then we ran into Carol and Ned many times and sat next to them twice at Palo. The trip was amazing and I'm so glad we switched to a cruise. We ended our vacation with one night at SSR -- got to three parks and saw Fantasmic (all in one day!!!).

Had a great time. Hope you all had as much fun.

I'll tell you what was not fun, though --> coming home to an ice-covered Northeastern Pennsylvania!!! Note to self: Move to Florida!!!

:grouphug:
Melody

I'll tell you what was not fun, though --> coming home to an ice-covered Northeastern Pennsylvania!!! Note to self: Move to Florida!!!

I'm still working on Hazel about this one!!! Angelina is all ready for a move to Florida, now if I could just convince Hazel, we would be heading south in a flash!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter