• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

09/12/10 - DVCers Take Over the Wonder (S.S. Member Cruise 2010) - Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDogHU75

DIS Veteran
WELCOME FELLOW S.S. MEMBERS CRUISERS!
DVC IS TAKING OVER THE WONDER

Congratulations to all who were able to book. This thread is going to be what you make it. I hope to get to know each of you better. Please come back often to chat. Cruising with DISers makes the time on the ship more enjoyable.

Thread #2 can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37491341&posted=1#post37491341

LOGO
MMSC2010.gif

As some of you may have already noticed, there is a 2010 DVC Cruise logo. Thank you to the DH (Michael) of Time4Disneynow (Monika) for designing the logo again this year. Monika has given us permission to use it in our signature. To put the logo in your signature:

Copy the following link:
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/mjludden/MMSC2010.gif[/img]
Click on Quick Links
Select Edit Signature
Paste the link in the box where you want it to be in your signature.
Preview your signature (if you want).
Select save signature
Viola! You are done.

MAGNETS
Thank you to Milliepie for desigining the following magnets for us:

She does a lot of other designs as well so check out her thread on the creative DISigns board if you wish.

OUR WEBSITE & FACEBOOK GROUP
Thanks to disrailfan, we have our very own website where we can submit photos and cruise information to help us to get to know one another. So, please stop by to view our 2010 Members Cruise Website. Of course, it is not the official one. This website was specifically designed for us DISers. If you would like to be included in the gallery on the website, please send the following info to:

member2010@hutsellhobbies.com
•Dis name of anyone in your party that has one.(We want at least one person from each group to be an active Dis member)
•Real names of eveyone in your party and relationship(husband, wife, daughter, etc..)
•Cabin number (optional)
•Birthdays of everyone in your party (so we can celebrate on the thread)
•Anniversary date (so we can celebrate on the thread)
•Year you bought into DVC and where you own
•Early/late seating
•Button? yes or no (specify who is getting one) This is in case we get someone to make buttons
•Photo (.jpg or .gif please so we can get to 'meet' you and your family)(optional)

FACEBOOK
We also have a group on Facebook - the 2010 Disney Vacation Club Members Cruise Group. If you are on Facebook, please stop by and join us.

STATEROOM ASSIGNMENTS

DECK 1
1054 - dvc deernut

DECK 2
2040 - Forever a Princess
2122 - SuziQZee
2124 - SuziQZee
2128 - donaldseeyore
2564 - cameron991

DECK 5
5000 - disrailfan
5001 - marylovesdisney
5009 - ASROBERTS
5022 - TOONTOWN
5140 - scooter7487
5630 - TWEET
5636 - kjd469

DECK 6
6049 - TaraNAllan
6122 - vedlin71
6522 - STLDisney_Freak
6568 - Time4disneynow
6570 - cp_princess
6596 - Luckymomoftwo (celebrating 40th birthday on the cruise)
6636 - Calypso726

DECK 7
7016 - BigDogHU75 (DH, DS, and me (Marsha))
7018 - BigDogHU75 (My parents)
7068 - Norm1 (celebrating 40th Anniversary on the cruise)
7092 - 3DAN
7516 - BigDogHU75 (DH's mother & brother)
7514 - Tinked
7570 - jimmiemcinpa
7604 - bbrnca

DECK 8
8524 - dopeygirl76
8066 - beeadude's DM
8068 - beeadude (celebrating 60th birthday)
8070 - beeadude's DD, DSIL, & DGD

Pre & Post Cruise Stays
Before Cruise
Tgj (Tim) – BLT
Tweet (Lori) - BLT
TaraNAllan (Tara) - BLT
BigDogHU75 (Marsha) – SSR
calypso726 (Terrie) – AKV
Tinked - AKV
Time4disneynow (Monika) - BWV
cp-princess (Christine) - BWV
scooter7487 (Scott) - WL
mousefan64 (Shawn) – Cocoa Beach
dvc4life (Chris) – Vero Beach
Luckymomoftwo (Debbie) – Radisson at the Port

After Cruise
BigDogHU75 (Marsha) – AKV
Time4disneynow (Monika) - BWV
Mousefan64 (Shawn) - BLT
cp-princess (Christine) - BLT
dvc4life (Chris) – BLT
Luckymomoftwo (Debbie) – BLT
dopeygirl76 (Nikki) – BLT
Reedemed&Loved - BLT
dvc deernut (Ian) - OKW
beeadude (Vicki) - OKW
Tinked - OKW

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE SIGN-UP
Debbie (Luckymomoftwo) has volunteered to keep track of the people who would like to participate in the fish extender exchange list. Debbie will keep the list and send it out to everyone via email as new people join. Deadline for signing up was JULY 17, 2010. The deadline is set so those who are making homemade gifts will know how many to make it & those ordering gifts will know how many to order.

If you would like to start a second FE group for those who wish to sign up after the deadline and spearhead the second group, then PM me or post on the thread.

Participating in the Fish Extender Exchange is completely optional. Feel free to do or spend whatever you're comfortable with. As for the Fish Extender itself, some people buy them, others want to make theirs, whatever you choose is fine. The same rule applies to the "goodies"! You can buy or make them!

What is a fish extender exchange?
If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

DIS MEET
DIS Meet - Sailing Day:

Onboard the Wonder Sunday, September 12th @ 3pm

Promenade Lounge

index.1.jpg

The Elizabeth Swan & Pirate Game
On the 2008 Member cruise thread Gary (OKWMember) came up with the pirate game where each 100th post got a pirate (pirate:). To add more fun, each 99th post got an Elizabeth Swan :-)bride:). This game was played in the 2009 Member Cruise thread and was so much fun. It really got people chatting. When will you get an :bride: or a pirate:?

Every 99th post = 1 ES :-)bride:)
Every 499th post = 2 ESes :-)bride::bride:)
Every 999th post = 3 ESes :-)bride::bride::bride:)

Every 100th post = 1 Pirate (pirate:)
Every 500th post = 2 Pirates (pirate:pirate:)
Every 1000th post = 3 Pirates (pirate:pirate:pirate:)

We'll have a prize for the DISer with the most pirates and the most swans at the onboard DIS meet.

PORT CAMERAS
Some people like to view the Disney ships leave port. As the time was getting closer to our sail away date last year, some posters in the '09 thread would log on every Sunday to watch the Disney Wonder sail away. So, if anyone is interested in watching the Wonder or Magic sail away, here are the port cameras:

Port Canaveral Webcam
Two Palms Webcam
Ron Jon Resort Webcam
Cocoa Beach - Port Canaveral Webcam
Raddison's Webcam

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Passports - do I need one?
Having a passport is ideal. However, a birth certificate with a valid photo ID will be permissible.

From DCL website:
Passport Information

Guests are responsible for obtaining proper documentation to board the ship. U.S. Government passport requirements continue to change; therefore, we strongly encourage Guests of all ages to have a valid U.S. passport for all cruises. Having a passport allows you to always be prepared to travel wherever you wish, and offers an added measure of security when you're traveling.

For air travel, however, the deadline was January 23, 2007. This means that all travelers, including U.S. Citizens and all foreign nationals, traveling to the United States by air, such as Guests flying to Orlando, Florida from Canada, are required to carry a valid passport after the effective date.

From Dept. of Homeland Security website (thanks eronim (Michael)):
How will the final WHTI requirements affect passengers going on cruises?
U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by DOS, or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport when you dock at a foreign port, depending on the islands or countries that your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruiseline to ensure you have the appropriate documents for the stops you’ll be making on your cruise.

What have other members cruises been like?
The organizers (WDWLVR & MarkRG) of our 2009 members cruise thread developed a website specifically for the cruise. Now, I am not that talented. However, for reference I will list it here. It also has trip reports from 2003, 2005, 2006, & 2007 member cruises as well as tips for cruisers.

2009 Members Cruise website

When can I book excursions, reservations at Palo, and/or register the kids for the kids' clubs?

120 days before the sail date if you are a Platinum Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL 10 or more times) (May 15, 2010 for us)
105 days before the sail date if you are a Gold Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL 5 or more times) (May 30, 2010 for us)
90 days before the sail date if you are a Silver Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL once before) (June 14, 2010 for us)
75 days before the sail date for everyone (June 29, 2010 for us)

When is Pirate Night?
Pirate night is on your Castaway Cay day on all DCL cruises. On the member cruise it will be on the first Castaway Cay day. On pirate night, the characters will be dressed in pirate outfits, there is the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party on decks 9/10 that night at 10pm. There will be fireworks at sea as part of the deck party. Many passengers dress in pirate outfits.

Whatever else you want me to add to this first post last me know. I plan on keeping it updated. For example, if people are staying at a resort before and/or after the cruise, I can post it here. If people are interested in linked dining someone can spearhead that and I will post the names of those interested here. I can also post stateroom assignments. As I said, this thread is what you make it. Let the ideas flow. Let the chatting begin.

Hi Marsha!

Hope you get what you want at call in.:wizard:

Morning Everyone!

GOod Luck in a couple of hours with calling in.pixiedust:pixiedust:

I know I had a blast with the bunch of people that went.

Congrats to all who have booked! I am on hold now. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Yee Ha!

I was on hold 90 Min before I got through to a person! We are booked and Excited! Got all our first choices!:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1:

Pixie Dust pixiedust:to everyone still on hold. :yay:

Pingirl

Yep we're booked too and got all our first choices - well worth the long wait and frantic dialing so far!

Hi all....

I agree it was well worth the wait and the dialing.

We got what we wanted...Cat 6...stateroom 6568...late dining. This was our first choice. We have the same stateroom as we had this last SSMC09.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you and meeting you next September.

Put me down on the list. Room 7092,,,,,,,,,,,,,WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
Hit it boys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
How come these guys aren't dancing?
Bill

Hey Monika we're your neighbors - we're room 6570! Our last cruise we had 6586 so we knew we were looking for something close by and this is what they got us. Too funny! We're also in late dining by the way.

Finally booked! Didn't get any of our choices but I am not complaining. Decided to go for an upgrade. We booked 3 category 5 rooms all on deck 7 (7016, 7018, & 7516)!

1st time cruisers also finally through had to upgrade to cat 4 room 8524 there were no 5s left origiannly wanted 8 but no matter we are cruising!! Late Dining WL for early DDs will not do well at 8:30p usually in bed by then:confused3 so we will have to think on this. The CM mentioned the kids club so maybe that hoping they wont be too tired!!

Hey Monika we're your neighbors - we're room 6570! Our last cruise we had 6586 so we knew we were looking for something close by and this is what they got us. Too funny! We're also in late dining by the way.

Hi Neighbor

Nice to meet you. Looking forward to chatting with you and meeting you in September 2010.

I will keep the first post of this thread updated with important info. I have updated it now. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter