09/12/10 - DVCers Take Over the Wonder (S.S. Member Cruise 2010) - Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally booked! Didn't get any of our choices but I am not complaining. Decided to go for an upgrade. We booked 3 category 5 rooms all on deck 7 (7016, 7018, & 7516)!

Marsha,

Sounds like you have family going with you. That will be fun for all of you

I do. It will be my parents and DH's mother and brother. It is almost a repeat of our Feb. 2009 vacation. Should make for an interesting time.

That is great that they will get to see Charles having fun.

We are already prebooked, 2 cabins deck 7 somewhere. have to wait till sunday to find out cabin numbers.

I'm curious...how did you prebook?? I thought it wasn't available for anyone to book until today??

Anyhow...this will be our first member cruise, but 5th DCL cruise. So excited to have gotten a room! We are in cabin 5636 on Deck 5....Navigator's Verandah, with late dining.

See you all in September! :cool1:

I'm curious...how did you prebook?? I thought it wasn't available for anyone to book until today??

Anyhow...this will be our first member cruise, but 5th DCL cruise. So excited to have gotten a room! We are in cabin 5636 on Deck 5....Navigator's Verandah, with late dining.

Hi

The reason they are prebooked is on the last members cruise they added on points and the SSMC10 was an incentive. We did that when we were on SSMC08 and as an incentive we got SSMC09.

We are in Cat 6 stateroom # 6568 (the same room we were in last members cruise) and we are also late dining.

Looking forward to meeting you in September.

If you purchase a certain amount of points whiile on the members cruise you are prebooked for the next members cruise.

Hi All!

Just wanted to say that my wife and I were able to get in this morning to book at Cat 9 on deck 2!

We're both very excited and looking forward to meeting new friends and making lots of great memories!!

TJ

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mary and this is our 1st member cruise. My husband and I are very excited!!! We booked a cat 11 inside sideways on deck 5 (5001), early dining and so did our friends ASROBERTS (5009).

This will be our 7th disney cruise but the 1st without the kids DS(17) DD(13)!! My daughter is not real happy with us right now but after I told her we are looking to book the Feb 19, 2011 7N Western she perked up. Anyway, we are really looking forward to the SSMC10 cruise.

See you guys in September!!

"This will be our 7th disney cruise but the 1st without the kids DS(17) DD(13)!! My daughter is not real happy with us right now but after I told her we are looking to book the Feb 19, 2011 7N Western she perked up. Anyway, we are really looking forward to the SSMC10 cruise. "

Sounds like our house! My DS (13) wasn't really happy either but we told him we might do a DCL in 2011, and he was "a Little" better.... !!!

(Sorry I messed up the quote...)
TJ

Hi everyone! If nobody else wants to take it on, I'll keep a list of the Fish Extender Exchange group. If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

I actually set up a Yahoo email account specifically for the fish extender exchange. If you would like to be added to the list to participate, please email me: SSMemberCruise2010@Yahoo.com

Please include the following information in your email:
1. Names of all family members in the stateroom (in case anyone wants to make personalized gifts)

2. Stateroom number (so we know where to bring the gifts)

3. Ages and gender of kids (so people can make/purchase age/gender appropriate gifts)

I'll keep a list and send it out to everyone via email as new people join.

If anyone else wants to handle organizing this/keeping the list, that's fine by me...just tell me you'd like to do it and I'll let you have the honor! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO BOOKED THE CRUISE!!!!! Can't wait to make some new friends in September!!!

Debbie

Had a busy day today!! First on the phone like everyone else for 2 hrs to get the cruise booked. Got Cat 9 stateroom 2128 with late seating. Then we immediately left to my best friends baby shower which was a blast. We drove up to Chattanooga last night from Tallahassee and we head back tomorrow. I am so looking forward to the cruise we take in around 6 weeks.
This cruise will be for just me and my DH, no kids. We have to have at least one trip a year for just us, I mean we have 4 kids, we have to keep our sanity somehow :) We've been looking at each other all day and whispering "We got on the member cruise"
Looking forward to meeting and greeting everyone and planning our FE and gifts. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

This is our first Dvc members only cruise and I booked it for DH, DS, and myself. Alot of what Im reading seems like adults only going. Are there less kids in this cruise compared to other Disney cruises? Also, do they do anything different on this cruise for kids? Thanks!

This is our first Dvc members only cruise and I booked it for DH, DS, and myself. Alot of what Im reading seems like adults only going. Are there less kids in this cruise compared to other Disney cruises? Also, do they do anything different on this cruise for kids? Thanks!

It does sound like a lot of the cruisers are going "childless"....I know DH and I are leaving the kids at home, due to the fact that they really can't miss a week of school now that they are older (15 & 16). I have a feeling this is why a lot of kids won't be joining their parents on the cruise. Probably there will be a lot of younger kids, where it doesn't matter so much if they miss school. DH and I are actually looking forward to a Disney cruise with just he and I...we finally get to go to Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay! :cool2:

We got in as well! Only on hold for 43 minutes and did get our first choice for a Navigator verandah and late dining :yay: This is our first DVC member cruise and also our first Disney cruise! Looking forward to making new friends!

i was told this moring that you do have to have a passport by ms.but was told by dcl that i did not. was told by ms if i did not i would not be allowed to get on the ship. can someone please let me know if you do or not.

what do i do if they have one of the names wrong on the res.it lookes like they put my sisters last name 2 time not her mid.name?

The CM I spoke with said passport or "certified birth certificate with a raised seal" I assume those are different as the ones we have even for my girls are not raised seals.

We are taking our DDs. They will be 3 and 6 for the cruise and with my DHs vacation schedule - he is limited to certain times of the year - if we did not pull her out of school a little we would never be able to do family vacations:scared1::scared1:!!! Although I do dream of the day where DH and I can go ANYWHERE alone!:cloud9:

Here is the information regarding passports for closed loop cruises from the Department of Homeland Security:
How will the final WHTI requirements affect passengers going on cruises?
U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by DOS, or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport when you dock at a foreign port, depending on the islands or countries that your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruiseline to ensure you have the appropriate documents for the stops you’ll be making on your cruise.

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1206635771151.shtm

Hello,

We (gdulaney & I) are booked for this one as well, our 3rd member cruise. We are doing a back to back to back which includes the 2 sailings prior to this one. Had a great time this year and sure next year will be just as good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter