09/12/10 - DVCers Take Over the Wonder (S.S. Member Cruise 2010) - Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

We (gdulaney & I) are booked for this one as well, our 3rd member cruise. We are doing a back to back to back which includes the 2 sailings prior to this one. Had a great time this year and sure next year will be just as good!

Hi and welcome.

This will be our 3rd member cruise as well. We were on 2008, 2009 and now 2010. We had a great time too and looking forward to 2010.

Looking forward to chatting and then meeting you in September.

Have a great day.

Hi and welcome.

This will be our 3rd member cruise as well. We were on 2008, 2009 and now 2010. We had a great time too and looking forward to 2010.

Looking forward to chatting and then meeting you in September.

Have a great day.

We were on the 2008 and 2009 as well!!

Hi everyone! If nobody else wants to take it on, I'll keep a list of the Fish Extender Exchange group. If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

I actually set up a Yahoo email account specifically for the fish extender exchange. If you would like to be added to the list to participate, please email me: SSMemberCruise2010@Yahoo.com

Please include the following information in your email:
1. Names of all family members in the stateroom (in case anyone wants to make personalized gifts)

2. Stateroom number (so we know where to bring the gifts)

3. Ages and gender of kids (so people can make/purchase age/gender appropriate gifts)

I'll keep a list and send it out to everyone via email as new people join.

If anyone else wants to handle organizing this/keeping the list, that's fine by me...just tell me you'd like to do it and I'll let you have the honor! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO BOOKED THE CRUISE!!!!! Can't wait to make some new friends in September!!!

Debbie

Thank you. I have updated the first post.

This will be our second member cruise. We were on the 2009 one and had a great time. We are looking forward to this one.

DIS MEETS
We have to have at least one and since I know that everyone will be on the ship on September 12, 2010 we should have one there. Let me know your thoughts.

Whatever else you want me to add to this first post last me know. I plan on keeping it updated. For example, if people are staying at a resort before and/or after the cruise, I can post it here.

I'd be interested in a DIS MEET on the 12th. We're staying at the Radisson at the port on the 11th. Not sure what we'll be doing after the cruise, we might stay a few days at WDW.

What's everyone else planning so far?

I'd be interested in a DIS MEET on the 12th. We're staying at the Radisson at the port on the 11th. Not sure what we'll be doing after the cruise, we might stay a few days at WDW.

What's everyone else planning so far?

We can do a DIS meet in the Promenade Lounge at 3:00 p.m. before the safety drill. That seemed like a good spot and time last year.

i would like to do that too.it sounds like fun get to see the people i will be talking over the next 10 months

:cool1:DW and I are in State Room 5000 for our third DVC Member cruise. Looking forward to another wonderful cruise, this will be our third.

Will we be having a website with the list of all the DISers that are cruising?

If anyone is able to design a website for the 2010 members cruise that would be great. But, as of right now we do not. Mark & Mary had their own website last year.

Good Morning everyone. I hope you had a great weekend. Have a blessed week.

If any of you are on FB, I have set up a group for the 2010 Disney Vacation Club S.S. members cruise. Search in groups using Disney Vacation Club cruise.

It does sound like a lot of the cruisers are going "childless"....I know DH and I are leaving the kids at home, due to the fact that they really can't miss a week of school now that they are older (15 & 16). I have a feeling this is why a lot of kids won't be joining their parents on the cruise. Probably there will be a lot of younger kids, where it doesn't matter so much if they miss school. DH and I are actually looking forward to a Disney cruise with just he and I...we finally get to go to Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay! :cool2:

That's our situation too. This will be the first time we've done anything Disney without my DS (13), but he'll be in his first two weeks of high school (AAAAAAGH! How did I get so old????? - sorry for the interruption...), and thought it wouldn't be a good idea. I mentioned to him we MIGHT take him on DCL in 2011, and that helped.... If the Member cruise would have been in October, we might have considered bringing him.

TJ

PS - I too would like to see Serenity Bay!!!

1st time cruisers also finally through had to upgrade to cat 4 room 8524 there were no 5s left origiannly wanted 8 but no matter we are cruising!! Late Dining WL for early DDs will not do well at 8:30p usually in bed by then:confused3 so we will have to think on this. The CM mentioned the kids club so maybe that hoping they wont be too tired!!

When my son was little, he never wanted to leave the Kid's club. The CM's walked them all down to one of the restaurants for special dinners each night around 5 or so. In fact, some of the people I sat with at dinner gave me a hard time. They said they didn't believe I even had a kid and that I just made it up! They finally met him on the last day at breakfast!

If anyone is able to design a website for the 2010 members cruise that would be great. But, as of right now we do not. Mark & Mary had their own website last year.

I can set something up off of my website if we want individual information about who from the DIS site is going and common things to know like Mark and Mary did. We can also use the Facebook group that someone has already setup it looks like.

Give me a few days (this week) and I can get something up for our use.

Thanks,

Thank you very much Marsha for setting that up on Facebook. We now have 6 members to that group. DH and I are so excited about this. Bad thing is, we have our first Disney cruise in 55 days and I haven't even begun to get ready for that. :):):):):)

I can set something up off of my website if we want individual information about who from the DIS site is going and common things to know like Mark and Mary did. We can also use the Facebook group that someone has already setup it looks like.

Give me a few days (this week) and I can get something up for our use.

Thanks,

I really liked Mark & Mary's website. I found it very useful. It was great putting faces to names. So, if you are able to set up a website I day go for it. I will post the link as well as how you want people to contact you so that they can send thier info to you in the first post of this thread once the website is set up.

Thank you very much Marsha for setting that up on Facebook. We now have 6 members to that group. DH and I are so excited about this. Bad thing is, we have our first Disney cruise in 55 days and I haven't even begun to get ready for that. :):):):):)

Congratulations on going on your first Disney cruise in less than 55 days. I am a little green with envy that I have to wait until next year. I know you will have a blast.

You're welcome re: the Facebook group. I am glad that people have joined. It is just another way for people to get to know one another and ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter