10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well- I'm off to work until noon today and letting the DH handle things until the flight at 5pm. (now is that trust or what?)
Can't believe it is TOMORROW!

We're taking off for the airport at noon today! Heidi's still sleeping (at 8:15 am). I am 95% packed. A bit of running around to do this am, library & such (yes, my kids WILL be reading on this trip!). :tongue:

When I called the excursion desk, the CM told me the itinerary was Sun & Mon-sea; Tue-Antigua; Wed-St. Tom; Thur & Fri-sea. Never mentioned Nassau. So I'm curious what our plans will be. We'll see when we get there.

Heidi is disappointed. She said CC is her "happy place". I told her she might find Antigua just that.

Well, everyone who hasn't left yet, have safe trips! See all of you on Saturday.

Marianne

Idon't know why, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we will end up going to CC anyway. Does anyone know if DCL is accepting ressies for Nassau excursions? My feeling is that since there's a strong possibly we may NOT be able to go to CC, DCL would rather have us pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed. The Nassau thing is all a ruse to keep our expectations low. Now the question is, do I pack all the junk I bought to have fun at CC? Kinda like the raincoat dilemma......one way to insure it won't rain is to take a raincoat.......hmmm, if i leave all the CC stuff at home maybe we'll get to go! Guess I'm just an optimist.......
BTW, got to bed at 4a.m. last night (today!). DH had lost his business credit card a few weeks ago. I briefly scanned our statement and everything seemed kosher. While posting specific charges last night I realized that someone went on a very quick shopping spree at local stores that we normally shop at. We were on the phone with the fraud dept. at 1 in the morning!

I booked a room at the Comfort Suites after reading Disney said no CC. I have a non refundable reservation unless I cancel 7 days prior. I hope we ARE going to Nassau. I got over my disappointment real fast but maybe it's too soon!

Such problems to have huh? It'll be marvelous no matter what!!

Have a great cruise!!! Wish we were going. We are watching you board...........will be watching for the sail away!!!

Hope:wave:

Att: All Former Cruisetoberfest Cruisers......We're going again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 2006
Check out papa's thread.
Are you there rosemary, dan, and the rest of you????????
What do you say???

:) Ave

Hey Hope good to hear from you. Today we were at Castaway Cay and the trees and bushes have taken a beating from the hurricanes.

This is the first time that Disney has been to their private island in six weeks. This is the first normal cruise that they have had in six weeks according to a CM. Mike

We are BACK HOME! What a great cruise!!!!!Got to get the suitcases unpacked and fix some dinner for the family.
It was SO wonderful to meet all our new friends and see our fromer cruisemates again!
I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

We're Home! My shower looks SO BIG!!!!!LOL

What a great cruise! Great weather, great ports, great people.

Our dog is still doing the "doggy happy dance".

Spoke with mother-in-law, she is out of ICU and in a regular room. We will go up to see her tomorrow.

About 30 minutes after we got home one of my nieghbors brought over a basket with a chicken dish, scalloped potatoes, bread, and a salad. She said she was sure we wouldn't feel like cooking.:p What a nice surprise!

I'm beat, going to bed now.:wave:

Avé

Welcome home guys!

So, tell us, what port of calls will Cruisetoberfest IV be visiting. 2006 will be our 30th wedding anniversary and we were going to reenact our honeymoon cruise - NY to Bermuda.

We may be persuaded to do a different cruise for our anniversary.

Since it is being labeled Cruisetoberfest IV, that must mean our German friends will be going too.

Actually, we'll have two German couples with us. Ports of call for Cruisetoberfest IV are Castaway Cay, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay. Can't wait!

It was great meeting everyone on this cruise and planning the next one with all of you. We had such a great time.

Ave, glad to hear your MIL is out of ICU. We're thinking of you.

Tracy

Rosemary...you can expect an e-mail from Eric and Anja soon. Eric is going to contact everyone from the previous Cruisetoberfests and let them know about 10/14/06. Hope you can make it!!!!

Tracy...it was so nice meeting you and Bill. Glad you made it home safe.Looking forward to sailing with you again!

And we don't want to be here. We want to be there!!!

I just want to say a huge "Thank You" to each and every one of you. Everyone took such care & concern to make sure I was having a good time. (I would thank each of you individually, but I heard there were 140 of us, and I think I spoke to all 137 of you!!)

And I can honestly say, my marital situation in no way negatively affected my vacation!!!! :tongue:

(Unfortunately, I didn't get Mateo's e-mail. Can anyone help me out with that??? ;) )

We all had an absolutely MAGICAL time!!!!

We are booked for Cruisetoberfest IV, room 2094. I really think the DISers are going to take over Deck 2!!!! We just can't wait, but a two-year countdown is SUCH a LOOONNNGGG time!!!

Catch you all on the new thread!!!

Love, Marianne

(I need to update my countdown & my signature, but I just don't have energy for that right now.)

Dear friends,
after spending a whole week of quality time with you, USAirways flew us home safely and even managed to arrive 20 minutes early in Frankfurt - Where we had to wait 45 minutes for our bags - so much about German efficiency ;)

Can't wait to see Y'all in 734 days ::yes::

:bday: :cake: :cheer2: to Heidi :wave:

Ahoy, Disney Cruisers!
I was invited to this forum by some nice people I met in the Customs line! Alright, which ones of you was it?? So here I am! It was my second DCL cruise... my first was during your Cruisetoberfest 2! I remember seeing the signs everywhere and thinking, "I wonder what this group is all about...?" Then, on this cruise, seeing more of your signs, I thought, "Oh They're back!!" I thought you were all German tourists traveling together! hehheh
Anyway, thanks for your welcome, we had an AWESOME time, and looking forward to Cruisetoberfest 4... we're already booked!

Michael

As some of you may know, we used the DCL bus transfers and guess what, guys? OUR BUS DRIVER GOT LOST!!!!!!! It was so funny.......John kept saying we weren't going the right way and I kept telling him I'm sure the bus driver knew what he was doing and maybe he was taking a detour around an accident or construction, etc. Well after about 45 minutes we pull into a service station and I'm thinking "Is this guy really stopping for gas with all of us on board? Well no, he was asking directions!!!!!!! We all kept saying we needed another comment card! It took us about 2 hours to get to the airport which was fine for us, but some people were starting to worry about making their flights. This was definitely not Disney "excellence"!
I LOVED meeting all of you....what a great group......MIke, we'll go parasailing together next time.....Marianne, you're doing great, girl, and you WILL survive all this and rise above it!
Right now I've got to unpack and start eating a normal diet!

Hi Jeanneg,
Great to meet you on the trip. We were stuck in the traffic jam coming out of Port Canaveral also. A local truck was next to us and said that he saw two Medi-flight helicopters leave the scene ahead. Apparently, a serious accident in the construction zone by the bridges. Alot of cars were crossing the median and turning around. The nice truck next to us, gave us directions for a detour. Glad to hear that many of you are home safe now. Looking forward to Oct. 06:)

Hello Friends...
It's great to be back home again but miss all the fun and sun we had onboard...It was so nice to see everyone that you communicate with...It was great to meet new friends and to spend time together. So much so that we re-booked for the 10-14 crusie.

Thanks again for the memories!!!!!!

On a sad note...while we were at the pier We received some bad news...
My wife Barbarba Mom had passed away that evening...I know her heart will always be with us as a family. As we now have a hole in our heart...forever!!!!!

She will be missed & loved always

God Bless!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Welcome home!

It's been awhile since we posted but we have been keeping up on you thread. Glad to see the whole gang is still keeping in touch and cruising together.

We have been busy laletly cruising on "Island Time" our personal 31' cruise ship. We have enjoyed the Tennessee River, (Chatanooga to Knoxville) and our local Lake Allatoona.

The ocean is calling, we hope to cruise to the Bahamas in our own boat in 2006. We would love to join ya'all in 2006. It will be our 15th anniversay and a cruise for our Honeymoon is how our love for the sea started.

Take Care,

Kevin & Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter