10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kevin! Wonderful to hear from you! You and Dan and Scott and Rosemary and Richard AND all past Cruisetoberfesters will be getting an e-mail from Eric soon, to let everyone know about the planned CRUISETOBERFEST 4 in Oct 2006.
Eric has everyones e-mail from past cruises and will be sending out a mass mailing (after he gets his laundry done:p )

Papa (mike) has started a new thread for the next cruise.

Hi everybody! It was such a great cruise and so wonderful to meet all of our internet friends. Had a great dinner table -- tons of fun and laughs. Didn't get to meet everyone from this board but it was so cool to see the T-shirts and then the lanyards and name tags and be able to walk up to someone we had never seen before and "know" them and feel right at home. Special thanks to those who organized events for us, gave us gifts and made us feel so relaxed.

Took us forever to get home. Don't know how we ended up on A1A North instead of 528 when we left the port, but we did. We also had to stop at a gas station when we finally figured out that the way we were driving didn't look familiar. Had to turn around, go back to the port and finally get on 528 where we hit the traffice tie-up where no one was moving (thanks for the info, Laura. We wondered what had happened). Finally got on I-95 and then got lost twice in Jacksonville. Tried to get on 295 via the detour. Took exit 339 as the signs said and then no more info. Finally made it back to 95 and then somehow we turned off on I-10 so we had to turn around and get back on 95. One more accident in Georgia and after that no problems. I think you probably got home long before we did, Eric and Anja.

Once again, the cruise was the best vacation we have ever had and we hope to join you in October 2006. Haven't rebooked -- two years ahead of time seems a bit too soon. I know you can always get your deposit back, but we just couldn't decide that quickly. I seem to remember that you have a week or something after the cruise to rebook and still get the discount and on-board credit. Anyone know if that is true???

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this cruise so wonderful. Really enjoyed dinner with Renee', Lenny, darling Hailey, Bette and Kim, Jim and Fiona and Denise and Chris. I think it was Renee' who said that we should have been called the "Wacky" table and that name really fits. Guess I had better stop talking and do some laundry and grocery shopping. Ugh!!

Charlie, sorry to hear about Barbara's mom. You two are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tracy

Tracy...

Thank-you for your thoughts & prayers...It was a great pleasure meeting you two. It seemed that every time I turned around I was able to see both of your smiling faces...

Thanks for making this a MAGICical vacation for us.

And thank-you everyone for going up and beyond the call of freindship with everything that each one of you did

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:sunny: :smooth: What a great time this cruise was for our family! We met quite a few of the DISers and everyone was a pleasure to meet. Looking forward to meeting you all again on our next trip. Of all the places we ate we did not find one that had bad food. I am not a steak eater at all but when i decided to try the Palos steak...i couldnt resist! (How do they get those so tender too?? ) I had eaten the steak every night and i think the seas need to re-stock up on their shrimp too! I apologize if noone else had the chance to get shrimp due to my hunger for those tasty guys...lol
Was a little disapppointed about the parasail trip being cancelled though at CC. Once again it was a real treat for us all and cant wait to do it again!

Father:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We are finally home! 17 hours of peaceful driving (how did we luck out!) and we can now sit down and relax and spoil some fur balls! Had a great time during vacation and even though we didn't see everyone from the boards, it was still nice to be able to wave and say hi to others while wandering around on board. I can't wait to show my friends and family our photos (especially our group shot) and show them it was not such a strange thing to meet people online first - because without the DIS we would NEVER have had such a wacky and wonderful DIS table! Hope we are able to see everyone again in 2006! Take care, Denise and Chris

Sorry to hear about Barbara's Mom, Charlie :(

Good to hear from you Kevin - and looking forward to meeting you again ::yes::

To everyone:
The new mail-account for the 10/14/06-Cruise is:
Cruisetoberfest@yahoo.com As usual there is a link in my signature.
I deliberately left out any reference to a number (i.e. Cruisetoberfest4), because now I can use this account for allCruisteoberfests to come :teeth: as I'm sure that you Americans will somehow force us into rebooking for #5 :jester: Not that we needed much forcing - LOL

Please send a short message containing at least your DIS-name to the new account using the mail-adress you want the new list sent to. This makes it easier for me to set up the new mailing list - Dankeschön!!

Charlie and Barbara...so very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jean, did you see the I-95 accident in Ga. with the pontoon boat that flipped off the trailer?What a mess!

Michael (mjf2001) glad to have you with us!Funny you thought we were all German tourists!LOL!

I was smacked in the face with reality this morning as I walked into a room with 140 inmates at 0800 this morning! I love the smell of bad coffee and badder breath in the morning!

So, we made it back safely....our flight was delayed an hour out of MCO, so we didn't arrive back to our home till about midnight. Orion, the shepard, bit the lawn guy at my parents house last week. That has me very concerned....he has always been "protective" but he's never bitten anyone...broke the skin and everything. The guy was laid back about it I guess, but I am awaiting some phone call informing us of a law suit or something. Other than that, all is well....the dogs are fatter and undisciplined after being at grandma and grandpa's for 3 weeks, but so are Tim and I after being on vacation for that long!

Tim doesn't have to go back to work till Wednesday, so I am hoping that he is doing laundry while I am sorting through 400+ emails at work and trying to figure out why I am scheduled in training all day tomorrow when I have other scheduled items for tomorrow.....ahhhh, so good to be back:rolleyes:

Yes, Mary, we did see the accident with the pontoon boat. That was the second accident that slowed down our trip home besides our two unintended detours.

Anyone know about re-booking immediately after the cruise? If you still get the perks? We were just so busy that we didn't get around to doing it.

Charlie, Barbara, Ashley, and Christie,
We just read your thread and we are so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Hugs to all of you from all of us.
God Bless,
Laura, Chris, Chris, Amy, and Megan

Oh! I also wanted to thank everyone for all the little extras...lanyards, treats, party bags, cup holders, door magnets, etc. You are such a sweet and fun group! Also, thanks to the Dis-ers who were with us at Coki when my daughter disappeared for that short time. It meant alot to have friends like that who jumped to help and locate her so quickly. What a blessing! This is such a special group! Thanks again and can't wait til 2006!
Regards,
Laura

Laura, Just tried to re-book with DCL. No discount or credit. :( I will see want DU will do for me.
Avé

Ave, I think you're thinking of Jeanniec. I rebooked onboard. Hopefully you can still find a good deal with a TA.
Laura

Hi everyone,

We'll, we've spent all day doing laundry and I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I MISS THE MAGIC! We had to get pizza for dinner because we couldn't bring ourselves to cook.

Thank you all for a great trip and letting us be part of your group. Debbie wanted me to pass on how wonderful her experiences were with those of you she met. I think she was a little intimidated going in but was very happy with the result.

Thanks to everyone who put in all the pre-cruise work. It was so neat to have the shirts, magets, lanyards, excursions set up and all the other things I missed . A big thank you to Eric and Ciara for putting the list's together.

See you all in a few hundred days,

Van

Good to be homje but miss the Magic!

To all of you that I met on board - it was my pleasure:) and to those I missed sorry hopefully I'll meet you in 2 years:) We're booked for 06 deck 2:Pinkbounc

We surely did not do everything we wanted - how do you squeeze everything in? and what is the secret to staying up so late & then rising early;) looking forward to seeing you all again - only 733 days:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Auntmeme
We surely did not do everything we wanted - how do you squeeze everything in? and what is the secret to staying up so late & then rising early;) looking forward to seeing you all again - only 733 days:rolleyes:
MeME--
I'm still sleeping! :teeth:

Hi, all! Sounds like it was a fantastic week. I still can't believe we missed this one.

But, we're booked for #4! :Pinkbounc

Avé--- Too bad about missing the discount. You might want to check out DU and also Dana. I found her from a thread on the cruise board. She came in under DU's quote by quite a bit. Her number is 1-800-385-8233. Good luck!

Colleen

Ave' -- Posted this message on the new (10/06) board, too. I just called DCL (about 3:30 today) and they gave me the discount and on board credit. Maybe it depends on who you talk to, so if you're interested, try again! I thought I had heard that you could still get the perks if you booked within two days after your last cruise.

Hi Everyone,

Norm and I got back Wednesday afternoon. I'm posting this from work since my computer died at home right before the cruise.

We had a wonderful time on the Magic. It is so nice to cruise with so many friends. We had great dinner table mates. Hi to Andy, Arlene, Jeanne, John, Sam, MaryJo and Sarah. Is someone going to post our group photo and who is who in the picture? I bought the picture, but don't know all the name of the people in the picture.

We spent 4 days @ WDW post cruise. Saw Peter & Jen, Cathy and Art, and Kathy and Mike during our time at WDW. I wasn't going back until 2005, but with Air Tran airfare discount we are looking at another 4 days in Dec.

Sympathy to Barb's family on the loss of her Mom.

Ave-- Glad to hear your MIL is out of ICU.

Now must find the new thread.

Nancy::MinnieMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter