10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

So decided to buy a 1 day ticket just in case MK opened up for October 1st. Just happened to check for a few days and landed October 1st at MK last night about 12:45am PDT!
I guess I better find somewhere to stay now ;)

Have dining alerts set up for in park too !

Horrid thought since all my plans are made for October 1 but, is it possible Disney will wait until October 23 (the day it was dedicated) to have any special ceremonies/speeches, etc?

I’m ready to cancel a Skippers Canteen 7:10 adr. If you want to coordinate with me in hopes you can pick it up, message me.

50th anniversary merchandise released on shopDisney and in park. Wonder what will be available for us? 😒

I have more faith in the in-park stock than the online stock tbh. shopDisney has that 10 item joke of a limit but the parks are limiting to 2 per item. eBay pirates won't be walking out of the Emporium with giant bags full of merch this time.

I can’t seem to message you (probably because you’re earning your ears). I’ll go into my MDE today at 3:00 and cancel it.
Thank you! I will be sure to be on and look for it! Sorry you can't message me. I'm still learning how to use these message boards!

Hi, I am online and refreshing but didn't see it pop up. Did I miss it?
Possibly, since I am guessing that people besides you tried for it; I cancelled a Chef Mickeys for that day and it was gone in 3 minutes. But also, when I have done something wrong during booking and try again, sometimes they don't come back for at least 20 minutes to an hour so I keep trying for awhile.

Horrid thought since all my plans are made for October 1 but, is it possible Disney will wait until October 23 (the day it was dedicated) to have any special ceremonies/speeches, etc?

I seriously doubt it. They announced the celebration starts October 1st. And the new night time shows & Remy start then. I’ve never seen Disney do things like this (celebration kick offs) on 2 different days.

I have a lunch reservation to whispering canyon on 10/1 and am worried if MK hit capacity due to park hoppers my family will not be able to reenter. Are my worries unfounded or should we cancel our plans and stay in the park?

I was on the phone with Disney and the cast member encouraged me to book a lunch reservation at a monorail resort since there was nothing in MK for Oct 1. I had the same concern as you, but she reassured me that with the park reservation, they will not turn you away. If you have a park reservation, you will get in the park no matter what time you show up. I'm still hesitant - and also can't find anything! I'm OK with counter service for the day, but would love a cool break in the middle of the day. Just going to keep searching and keep my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter