10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

What a bummer. I started at 2:55pm and never saw it even pop up. I had a friend doing the same. Thanks for trying.
It's best to arrange the transfer in off-hours, like 10pm. If you drop an ADR during peak times you are competing against a lot more people.

Managed to get Trails End for 7:50 PM. Maybe will keep it and just watch what we can of fireworks from the beach at Fort Wilderness. Anyone got any insight on the view? AP holder so will have other opportunities to see the whole show including main street.

Wow, can't believe I just got 4 reservations at MK for 10/1. I see dining is all gone, but I think we will just bring water/snacks and chill for the most part this day anyway, maybe do counter service at like 1030 and again at 0300 to try and avoid crowds. Wasnt ready to actually get spots, now have some planning to do.

For those not staying at a Monorail resort, how are you planning to get to MK on October 1? I'm a bit concerned about being blocked out trying to get an Uber/Lyft to drop us at GF, etc due to Disney knowing people will be attempting this. I know the TTC won't be open super early but we want to be there super early at the gates. We're at the Swan Reserve (yay!) so it will only be an issue at the MK.

We booked last Oct (have been planning on being there for a couple of years) and I'm HOPING that by having a park ressie for the day that we'll be able to leave for a break in the afternoon and re-enter if we wish. We have a 6:25 res at Skippers. Figure after we finish eating it will be time to find a spot for fireworks... We're at SSR so just planning to use the buses unless they seem to be a total cluster....

Just rebooked my flight for that weekend. Originally paid $450, down to $135. I was using a flight credit, but now I am not. But that seemed more than worth that change, I'll save my credits for a different trip next year. And the flights are both now nonstop, which they weren't, and the flight times are significantly better. So a win all around!

For those not staying at a Monorail resort, how are you planning to get to MK on October 1? I'm a bit concerned about being blocked out trying to get an Uber/Lyft to drop us at GF, etc due to Disney knowing people will be attempting this. I know the TTC won't be open super early but we want to be there super early at the gates. We're at the Swan Reserve (yay!) so it will only be an issue at the MK.
On another thread, I had someone update that if you don't have a reservation and want to visit a Monorail resort, they direct your Uber/Lyft driver to the TTC. So don't plan on being able to do that short cut anymore.
We're at Ft Wilderness, so we have the boat - which I had hoped if it was horrible we could catch the skif to Contemp and walk, but those resort to resort boats are still out of service. We rented a golf cart to help us get quickly across the campgrounds to the boat faster and not be reliant on the campground bus or our very tired feet! I made our reservations at 500 days out, and at the time, the other resorts were not open, so I got a cabin. I still check the Contemporary regularly for openings, cause I'd definitely switch to there for Sept 30/Oct 1. At this point, I've kinda settled into the idea of the cabin, I've never stayed in one, and would want to one day, and arrival day drinking moonshine, eating bbq and hanging at the pool sounds better even than the Contemp pool (which sucks).

If you’re staying onsite and Lyft drops you off at TTC, can you still get transported to MK before early entry or do they hold you with the day crowds?

Got a dining reservation today! I've been checking obsessively - like multiple times a day - and got LTT for 6:00.

I can't find information about when fireworks will be that night. Does anyone know when Enchantment will be on Oct 1?

Got a dining reservation today! I've been checking obsessively - like multiple times a day - and got LTT for 6:00.

I can't find information about when fireworks will be that night. Does anyone know when Enchantment will be on Oct 1?
How were you checking? The app or a webpage, by restaurant or blanket?

9 PM

How were you checking? The app or a webpage, by restaurant or blanket?

9 PM

Thank you! I've been using the MDE app on my phone - it felt like the easiest way to check quickly. I would set the date, select only MK as my filter, and then I just scan through each half hour time slot. I didn't really have a restaurant preference - was hoping for Skipper Canteen, Plaza, or Liberty Tree Tavern (which we got!) but just wanted something set to sit down and cool off.

Thank you! I've been using the MDE app on my phone - it felt like the easiest way to check quickly. I would set the date, select only MK as my filter, and then I just scan through each half hour time slot. I didn't really have a restaurant preference - was hoping for Skipper Canteen, Plaza, or Liberty Tree Tavern (which we got!) but just wanted something set to sit down and cool off.
Congrat. I have been doing the same everyday just in case. But no luck. How big of a party? If only 2 then I don't feel so bad as I am trying for 4. :)

Wow, that’s amazing! I’ve been checking periodically (in clumps to be honest, not constantly) and have never seen anything come up for the 1st in the MK. I actually have some, but not at good times, so it isn’t the end of the world, but I would like to get something around noon and another around 5-6. I have 2:30 and 7:45.

Wow, that’s amazing! I’ve been checking periodically (in clumps to be honest, not constantly) and have never seen anything come up for the 1st in the MK. I actually have some, but not at good times, so it isn’t the end of the world, but I would like to get something around noon and another around 5-6. I have 2:30 and 7:45.

You might want to think about keeping that 2:30. Typically 2-3 is the hottest time of the day, and if you want merch you could be in line for hours. I know I would hate to be in line for hours and then have to leave for a ressie, knowing my luck it would be just as I was getting to the front. Obviously do what’s best for your group. Just some things to think about. Have a great time!

You might want to think about keeping that 2:30. Typically 2-3 is the hottest time of the day, and if you want merch you could be in line for hours. I know I would hate to be in line for hours and then have to leave for a ressie, knowing my luck it would be just as I was getting to the front. Obviously do what’s best for your group. Just some things to think about. Have a great time!
Good point on the temps. As much as I want merch I don’t think my DH would be tolerant of spending half of our day in line- and to spend a lot of money instead of riding or something fun at that!! I don’t think I would want to do that either- at that point my time is worth the markup from a reseller lol. You really have to wait that long? How do people know where to wait and what they are waiting for?? Knowing my luck I would wait an hour or so and then find out what I wanted was somewhere else.

your point about the temps is a good one though. I just really wanted to keep an evening ADR and 7:45 seems too close to the fireworks. I’m thinking of maybe keeping it and just getting an app and a drink, and trying to find a half way decent spot. There are just 2 of us and we’re small and agile lol, we won’t need a large spot and can tack into the back or a crowd pretty easily, I’m hopping we could find somewhere 30 min prior. Not ideal, but maybe possible.

Scored big time yesterday (late AM) on the website. Randomly was seeing if a CRT ressie would pop up for 10/1 as a joke, and out of nowhere and after several refreshes, I scored a 4:45PM! I had to go with a party of 4 (instead of 3), but I made the 4th person a fictional infant. I cannot believe the pixie dust! So keep checking and hitting that refresh button.

Scored big time yesterday (late AM) on the website. Randomly was seeing if a CRT ressie would pop up for 10/1 as a joke, and out of nowhere and after several refreshes, I scored a 4:45PM! I had to go with a party of 4 (instead of 3), but I made the 4th person a fictional infant. I cannot believe the pixie dust! So keep checking and hitting that refresh button.
I never enter any of my party except the lead guest anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter