10/2-8/11 Jamborini Meet was great! Now planning for Oct 2012!

Gives them something to talk about!! :rotfl:

OK.... I have to tell you a funny story....We bought a Faberge Egg while we were in Russia and I wanted to hand carry back on the plane, there was no way in **** that I was going to pack that in my luggage...

My egg is crystal, and when it was x-ray'd at the airport, it showed up completely black... and the TSA person went crazy!

I mean they screamed and jumped from their seat and yelled at me, I could not understand her at all, she was melting down right in front of everyone.

So now everyone is looking at me and David and thinking we are dangerous people.

The woman calls a man over, he is yanking things out of my bag and gets to the box, is has St.Petersburg Collection written all over it and the word Faberge. I yell back, stop it is fragile, please be careful.

The man almost rips the box open, and tears the lid to the box...

He accuses me of having a grenade, :scared1: What? are you talking about.... I ask.

The egg which I said was crystal is lead crystal, the same lead we protect ourselves with when we have a X-ray.. Come on people, it is a egg shape and totally black on the screen, it is not a grenade.

This went on for about 5 minutes, until I could open the package and show them, what it was....

After all of the craziness has settled down, they want to look at it.. they think it is pretty..... UGHHHH :confused:

OK.... I have to tell you a funny story....We bought a Faberge Egg while we were in Russia and I wanted to hand carry back on the plane, there was no way in **** that I was going to pack that in my luggage...

My egg is crystal, and when it was x-ray'd at the airport, it showed up completely black... and the TSA person went crazy!

I mean they screamed and jumped from their seat and yelled at me, I could not understand her at all, she was melting down right in front of everyone.

So now everyone is looking at me and David and thinking we are dangerous people.

The woman calls a man over, he is yanking things out of my bag and gets to the box, is has St.Petersburg Collection written all over it and the word Faberge. I yell back, stop it is fragile, please be careful.

He accuses me of having a grenade, :scared1: What? are you talking about.... I ask.

The egg which I said was crystal is lead crystal, the same lead we protect ourselves with when we have a X-ray.. Come on people, it is a egg shape and totally black on the screen, it is not a grenade.

This went on for about 5 minutes, until I could open the package and show them, what it was....

After all of the craziness has settled down, they want to look at it.. they think it is pretty..... UGHHHH :confused:

Oh, geez!!! How interesting that one little ol' Faberge egg caused TSA such anxiety!! :laughing:

You gave them (and I'm sure some fellow travelers!) their excitement for the day/week/month/year!!!! :scared1:

How funny that they then want to look at the pretty egg!!! :rotfl: (you must post a picture of it for us! ;))

Oh, geez!!! How interesting that one little ol' Faberge egg caused TSA such anxiety!! :laughing:

You gave them (and I'm sure some fellow travelers!) their excitement for the day/week/month/year!!!! :scared1:

How funny that they then want to look at the pretty egg!!! :rotfl: (you must post a picture of it for us! ;))

Yes, I am sure we gave them something to talk about for a good while!

here it is...
IMAG0096.jpg

Oooo, that IS pretty, Brandi! :goodvibes

What a beautiful souvenir (looks nothing like a grenade at all!! :rotfl2:)

I'll remember to tell them what it is next time I'm leaving Russia with a Faberge egg! :rotfl: Do they make them with Mickey on them?

You guys are KILLING me - I want to go so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so sad that I'm 99.9 % sure I won't be able too - it's just so hard with DS and school!!!!! I'm sick over it!!!! BUT - I will gladly make the new design if you guys want - it's the least I can do since I *ahem* - *cough* - was one of those who shall remain nameless who DIDN"T wear her shirt.......... it was a rough night, what can I say.................. lol

Brandi - OMG - I'm droooooooling over your egg - it's GORGEOUS!!!!! I always wanted one of the necklace one's - maybe one day!!!

You guys are KILLING me - I want to go so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so sad that I'm 99.9 % sure I won't be able too - it's just so hard with DS and school!!!!! I'm sick over it!!!! BUT - I will gladly make the new design if you guys want - it's the least I can do since I *ahem* - *cough* - was one of those who shall remain nameless who DIDN"T wear her shirt.......... it was a rough night, what can I say.................. lol

Brandi - OMG - I'm droooooooling over your egg - it's GORGEOUS!!!!! I always wanted one of the necklace one's - maybe one day!!!

Wendy, we would love for you to come up with a design as we get closer to the date. We would also LOVE if you were able to swing a quick trip for the Classic and the Meet! :goodvibes Don't give up on it yet. DS could miss one day of school, couldn't he?! ;)

Wendy, we would love for you to come up with a design as we get closer to the date. We would also LOVE if you were able to swing a quick trip for the Classic and the Meet! :goodvibes Don't give up on it yet. DS could miss one day of school, couldn't he?! ;)

Laura, YOU are a bad bad bad influence!!!! I'm thinking he *could* miss one day.................... LOL

I guess I'll hold out some hope................ ya never know, right!!! :)

Brandi - Your egg is beautiful! Have you and David ever gone to the Faberge exhibit in Richmond? The museum's collection of Fabergé decorative objects is one of the finest in the country, including the largest group of Imperial Easter Eggs outside Russia.

http://www.vmfa.state.va.us/Collections/Faberge/#

I'll remember to tell them what it is next time I'm leaving Russia with a Faberge egg! :rotfl: Do they make them with Mickey on them?

For some reason, I don't remember a mickey on one, but maybe you could persuade them to make one :woohoo:

So the designer of the shirt forgot to wear the shirt she designed... I would never hold it against you, I am sure it is just an LSU thing....:rolleyes1

Laura, YOU are a bad bad bad influence!!!! I'm thinking he *could* miss one day.................... LOL

I guess I'll hold out some hope................ ya never know, right!!! :)

I mean it is just one Friday... not even a Monday..... We are flying down Friday morning and coming back Sunday afternoon... You can do it Wendy!

Brandi - Your egg is beautiful! Have you and David ever gone to the Faberge exhibit in Richmond? The museum's collection of Fabergé decorative objects is one of the finest in the country, including the largest group of Imperial Easter Eggs outside Russia.

http://www.vmfa.state.va.us/Collections/Faberge/#

Elin, it has been on our list... Now we must go do it....Thanks for the link.

If we come down, would you and Bob meet us for dinner or something?

Elin, it has been on our list... Now we must go do it....Thanks for the link.

If we come down, would you and Bob meet us for dinner or something?

I would! Bob probably wouldn't... not because he is anti-social but because he cannot eat or drink anything by mouth. :( That is one of the outcomes of his stroke, unfortunately.

We spent the afternoon having his PEG tube replaced because they deteriorate after about 6 months. We are hoping and praying that he will one day be able to eat again. Darned nerve damage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter