11 night cruise too long??

The 11 night southern caribbean sounds good but wondering if there's enough to do on the boat for that long? We have only done a 4 night Bahamas Disney cruise 2 yrs ago and we pretty much fit in everything we wanted to do on the boat with only one day at sea. Anyone done this long??
We've done longer. A 14-night DCL Panama Canal cruise and an 18-night South Pacific on RCL.

Keep in mind that many of the days in your 11-night cruise will actually be at a port.

We did a 7 night Southern Caribbean on DCL and found that it was overwhelming with all of the ports and only one sea day. We visited 5 countries and never did a beach excursion. When there are many sea days, there are more activities planned by the cruise staff. Cooking, napkin/towel folding, animation, game show type actives, trivia, etc.

It's not too long for me, I would love to do one of the 11 day Southern Carib sailings or the 14 day Panama Canal crossing. DH thinks 7 days is long enough. Grrr :sad2:

We have done five - 7 night DCL cruises, one 4 night DCL cruise and one 11 Night Med. cruise. Booked for 5 nights 10/2018.

We love the longer cruises and sea days. We want to have time to relax, enjoy the ship, try/do/attend different activities but sometimes you can't since there can be a few things going on around the same time. I want to be on a ship long enough where I "am bored" :) - It's all about the ship for us too. It's great to experience the ports but the ship is a nice home to be on. We were so busy with excursions on our 11 N. Med cruise, we barely had time to lounge around. It was fine for us because we had been on the Magic three times prior.

Good luck and happy planning!!

I'm not particularly a fan of sea days so I'd probably be bored if there was more than two on an 11 night. The only exception for us are the Very Merrytime Cruises where there are many family holiday activities.

I think it depends on how you like to vacation and who is going with you. We just got off the 7 day Southern Caribbean yesterday and I would have gladly spent another 4 days. That being said, we had a couple of table mates that were bored by day 4. Most of that was because the 10 year old boy only wanted to play video games or football. The cruise probably just wasn't for them. It was also pretty hot in the islands in January. I don't think I would want to do them in the summer! We didn't do any beach days. We spent a couple of hours at a beach as part of another tour one day, went on a pirate ship where we played around in the water, which wasn't really a beach day, rode horses through a national park to a beach and went in the water for about 1/2 an hour, but would not consider any of them "just" beach days. There is definitely a lot more to do than just sit around at the beach.

We did a 12 day Baltic cruise three years ago. Port tours were shorter than those in the Med so we often had time on our hands in the morning and early evening and there were more sea days than our previous Med cruise both of which were shorter (one 10 day and one 11 day). I was trying to tell my father what we did on the sea days. My answer was "I don't know what we did, I just know that it took all day but we didn't get it all done". So we'd have no problems at all with an 11-day cruise.

We are really looking forward to the 11 nt Southern this summer. We have learned that a week usually is not long enough when we vacation. We did a 7 night last summer to "test out" DCL and were sold, booked the 11 nt while we were on board. We did also sneak in a 3 nt in October and it was wayyyyy too short, I wont do that again. We also love to just relax and don't need to always be doing something so I don't feel like we will get bored or run out of things to do.

Back in 2010, we did an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Magic over Christmas. It was fantastic. It allowed us to thoroughly relax. On a seven night, when you get to day 4, you start thinking that the cruise is now half over.

One memorable item was on the first night when the cruise director was doing the normal spiel, asking how many were repeat cruisers, etc. When he asked about first time cruisers, a few people acknowledged. He 'broke' character and said to them "really, your first cruise is 11 nights? I hope you you like it".

With a longer cruise, you become better acquainted with certain crew and guests. My wife and I spent most evenings in the adult areas. It was generally the same group of folks each night, and we had a great time socializing. A lot of the entertainment crew would come in as well. On the final night, everyone is giving hugs goodbye. Two female crew members came over to me, and thanked me for cruising and gave me a big hug. I did not recall seeing them over the course of the cruise and was confused, as they were generally sincere in their talking with me. A little later, I realized they were friends of Mickey and Minnie. Over such a long cruise, they had remembered us through all our interactions.

We really like the longer cruises, going on our 2nd 14 night. We are never bored, there are so many things to do on board. I also enjoy having time to relax and read and just enjoy the ship. I can't imagine going on a cruise less than 7 days. It seems like you would just get on board and settled and have to get off again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter