12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We came to Dallas to be with our son and his wife :grouphug:

Maui! Envious here. And hugging the kids in Dallas! Wish we could go hug our kids in Phoenix. Nope, gotta stay home. Have a wonderful holiday all. :wave:

Brack. I see you are amatuer photog. DH has a long time love of photography also. He will enjoy taking with you, I am sure.

Just sitting here at my moms house, IT IS SNOWING it has been for the last 5 hours, its not sticking here thoe. My 7 year old is still at state with dh. he made it and is waiting for the 3rd round, we'll see how it goes. have a great day. Had his teacher confrence thursday and he is in the top reading group in his class, and doing great in math. The only thing he is lacking is on his writing skills. (he doesn't like to write stories but does get the capitals and pun. right. She gave him the challange to write on the computer and start emailing to friends, so we will be working on that one, less computer time for me. Well have a great day. Mum of two pirate: pirate:

My DH just called and my 7 yo son won 3rd place at state, wahoo. He got beat by points by the first boy he wrestled so it send him down a bracket and so the best he could have gotten was 3rd. He did it he beat every other kid he wrestled and got 3rd. I'm so glad his dad decided to take him. It is 9:15 pm and he just got down with his last wrestle so it will be anoughter 2-3 hours before he gets his medal. not sure if it will be a big medal or a trophie. He hs been there sence 6am this morning and then he has a 3.5 hour drive here, thats why I didn't want to go. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Mum of two great pirate:

mum of two pirates said:
My DH just called and my 7 yo son won 3rd place at state, wahoo. He got beat by points by the first boy he wrestled so it send him down a bracket and so the best he could have gotten was 3rd. He did it he beat every other kid he wrestled and got 3rd. I'm so glad his dad decided to take him. It is 9:15 pm and he just got down with his last wrestle so it will be anoughter 2-3 hours before he gets his medal. not sure if it will be a big medal or a trophie. He hs been there sence 6am this morning and then he has a 3.5 hour drive here, thats why I didn't want to go. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Mum of two great pirate:
Whoa! That is a long day. BUT, congratualtions to the young Pirate! pirate:

MrsMork said:
Brack. I see you are amatuer photog. DH has a long time love of photography also. He will enjoy taking with you, I am sure.

I really love taking pictures. There are some very good threads on this board about photography. Your husband ought to look at some.

I did get him to sign up and post on the 10 day thread just a couple of weeks before we left. I'll have to work on getting him involved again. He has entered some photos in the Oregon State Fair and has some hung, got one honorable mention for black and white night shot. He has done some senior portraits, a couple of product shoots, family portraits and of course the weddings that all photographers love. :rotfl2: Our DS's best friend just called him and asked him to shoot his wedding in Sept. Of course, "Dad" could not say no. :rolleyes:
He does love shooting nature too.

MrsMork said:
and of course the weddings that all photographers love. :rotfl2: Our DS's best friend just called him and asked him to shoot his wedding in Sept. Of course, "Dad" could not say no. :rolleyes:
He does love shooting nature too.

I have done my share of those weddings but will not do any more. Of course I'll be very polite but it is still no.

I travel alot for work and like to take my camera for those "magic" moments. We went to Dallas for Easter to visit our son and decided to leave my camera at home. Not only were the Bluebonnets blooming, it snowed! I was mad at myself.

:sad2:
brack said:
IWe went to Dallas for Easter to visit our son and decided to leave my camera at home. Not only were the Bluebonnets blooming, it snowed! I was mad at myself.

:sad2: Always happens!

Good News! My DS put a deposit on this cruise today, so she and our DN will be joining us. :banana: :cheer2: DN will be 13 at the time of sailing. Anyone else with kids that age?

We have 2 more cabins (nephew and his wife and niece her SO and son) thinking of joining us on this cruise.

DN is a neice. Sorry. Her name is Dallas. I will let her know that we have met another girl her age. The two of them sailed with us once before, but she was Mickey Pool age then.

Dallas is spending a couple of days with us and says "Hello" to Devon. She is looking forward to having a friend onboard. :wave2: :chat:

I'm at home today working on my tax return. Am I the last one? :confused3

I got mine done and mailed on Saturday....

Last year we owed tons of money.....so I wasn't in a big hurry to do them..
Was going to tackle them in February or March but then I got really sick and had to get my gallbladder out.

( Some people will try anything to get out of taxes. ;) )

But I'm much better now and REALLY happy because for the first time in three years we're getting a refund from both feds and state. :cool1:

(Watch..this we be the year we get audited)

But take heart....one of the bosses here at work had to take two days off from work (today and tomorrow to finish his returns.) He'll be one of the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter