13 Days of Disney - Everything We Never Knew We Always Wanted - June 2016 TR Update 1/30

Such a great meet with Pocahontas and Meeko. We met her once and although I was fine my mom was so disappointed. She was lovely and sweet and overall was totally perfect and in character. The problem was she had a ton of makeup on. Lipstick, blush, blue eyeshadow and mascara. Truthfully I didn't notice or care much but my mom was like she shouldn't be wearing makeup, why is she wearing all that makeup. :sad2: If we had met your Pocahontas I could have avoided all that. :rolleyes: We didn't meet Meeko but Rafiki was meeting next to her and he was a blast. I love that Alex wanted and got a kiss from her.

The Nemo musical is pretty fun. My kids wanted to sit in the front row and catch bubbles which for them was the highlight of the show. I enjoyed sitting in the A/C watching a fun show and just chilling. :)

They look exhausted, glad you are going to have a break. I love that you keep forgetting to eat. All that Disney Magic you don't want to miss out on. ;)

The one thing that keeps WDW from being completely and perfectly magical for me is the lack of Dr. Pepper. This Texan cannot live without it!

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!!!!! The only drinks I like to drink are water and Dr. Pepper.....seriously. Now, I don't have to drink a Dr. Pepper every day, but I do like to have it every few days. And especially if it's really hot, an ice cold Dr. Pepper hits the spot. :flower1:

I'm glad Dr. Pepper has expanded more and more outside of Texas, but we really need to get it into the WDW parks!

We found this trip’s song during the Nemo show – Go With the Flo-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow! That probably should have been the title of this trip report, as it’s completely appropriate for the way this trip went. We loved the show, loved the music, and found a new must-do. Like, Alex has listened to the entire soundtrack on d-cot.com several times since the trip and regularly bursts into rooms belting “In the Big Blue World.” Good times.

Yes, this became our favorite attraction and favorite song too! I can't believe they haven't turned this into a Broadway musical yet. I've been listening to the whole Nemo soundtrack and it makes me feel like I'm back at WDW. And I especially love Go With the Flow!

I love all of the pictures from the kids' meet and greets!

Nice meet & greets (as usual for you guys)! I am definitely gonna add some more of the not-so-usual characters in June. I have a KtP subscription...I just need to make use of it!

I'll see if we can fit both LK and Nemo in, in June. Should be be as hard if we can make it fir rope drop!

You wore those kids out! Oh and too funny on the food thing! I rarely ever forget to eat. I might be too busy to sometimes but I never forget. Even at Disney!

Oh and I'm a big Dr. Pepper fan. That's all my grandmother would drink. Now, I admit, I cheat with Mr. Pibb (we do live in Atlanta...home of Coke) and Fanta Orange is pretty darn good, too, and I only allow myself one soda per day on the weekends only....so I can make do with water or lemonade or tea.

Glad you are back but definitely understand the past and future absences due to real life!

We tend to sing the songs at home too, especially Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and Tropical Serenade from the Tiki Room. Dr Pepper and root beer are pretty much the only sodas I will drink. Unless I have a Moon Pie, and then I crave RC:rotfl2: Luckily, I don't drink soda often, so I don't miss DP that much at Disney. I believe it is probably sold elsewhere in Orlando though, so your hopes of moving there are not totally destroyed;)

The one thing that keeps WDW from being completely and perfectly magical for me is the lack of Dr. Pepper.
Hello! I don't think I've commented on your TR yet, but when I saw your thoughts on Dr. Pepper, I had to chime in and say yes! I couldn't agree more! Although I am Canadian and we do get Dr. Pepper up here (but a little hard to find sometimes), I spent some time in Texas and Louisiana with work and I got hooked on the stuff. It's something I enjoy when I go down south, how much easier it is to find Dr. Pepper...except at Disney!

I also had no idea you could find Meeko at a M&G. I guess it's only occasionally, but it would be very cool to meet him.

Well hello there! Why are you letting real life get in the way of your Dis-ing lol?
We haven't watched Nemo-The Musical in probably 4-5 years; just weren't that impressed. Maybe we need to watch it again :scratchin

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a HUGE diet soda drinker, as in glasses of it every day. I do love diet Dr. Pepper and also diet Sunkist and diet Pepsi, but NOT diet Coke :crazy2: I try to get the light pomagranite lemonade whenever I can in Disney but it's getting harder and harder to find, so I'm stuck with the diet Coke! When we get home I'm all about my preferred diet sodas lol.

Glad to hear you're planning 2 AK days for next June :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What a great meet with Pocahontas and Meeko. I'm glad Alex got his kiss!

I have a major addiction to Coke (the Cola kind, not the drug :thumbsup2) so I understand your addiction to Dr. Pepper. And, nothing beats a fountain soda.

I'm glad to "see" you on here. I understand being busy; I hate when work and other obligations get in the way of the DIS.

Such a great meet with Pocahontas and Meeko. We met her once and although I was fine my mom was so disappointed. She was lovely and sweet and overall was totally perfect and in character. The problem was she had a ton of makeup on. Lipstick, blush, blue eyeshadow and mascara. Truthfully I didn't notice or care much but my mom was like she shouldn't be wearing makeup, why is she wearing all that makeup. :sad2: If we had met your Pocahontas I could have avoided all that. :rolleyes: We didn't meet Meeko but Rafiki was meeting next to her and he was a blast. I love that Alex wanted and got a kiss from her.

The Nemo musical is pretty fun. My kids wanted to sit in the front row and catch bubbles which for them was the highlight of the show. I enjoyed sitting in the A/C watching a fun show and just chilling. :)

They look exhausted, glad you are going to have a break. I love that you keep forgetting to eat. All that Disney Magic you don't want to miss out on. ;)

Ooh, I can't imagine a heavy make-up version of Pocahontas. Lol about your mom. We have never actually set out to meet Rafiki, but have met him by chance twice and have enjoyed him both times.

We may have to make an effort to get into bubble territory for our next viewing of the Nemo show. I don't know that my kids are ever going to outgrow their love of bubbles.

And seriously, we have a problem with the forgetting to eat! I also brought a ton of snacks to keep in the backpack because I am aware of our tendency and we barely ate any of those either! I actually just put the last couple into the kids' backpacks for snacks at school tomorrow. We have eaten off of our Disney snacks for the last 3 months because I bought a ton and we ate none of them there! :rotfl:

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!!!!! The only drinks I like to drink are water and Dr. Pepper.....seriously. Now, I don't have to drink a Dr. Pepper every day, but I do like to have it every few days. And especially if it's really hot, an ice cold Dr. Pepper hits the spot. :flower1:

I'm glad Dr. Pepper has expanded more and more outside of Texas, but we really need to get it into the WDW parks!

Oh your description is making me want one right now, but I can't drink caffeine at night so I'll have to settle for my water bottle...I am a full-on addict - I have at least one daily. It's a problem! I quit drinking coke all-together for one year just to prove to myself that I could, then immediately resumed guzzling Dr. Peppers when that year ended. :P

Yes, this became our favorite attraction and favorite song too! I can't believe they haven't turned this into a Broadway musical yet. I've been listening to the whole Nemo soundtrack and it makes me feel like I'm back at WDW. And I especially love Go With the Flow!

I love all of the pictures from the kids' meet and greets!

The music makes me super happy now. The kids had the day off from school today for a teacher workday and I put on the soundtrack while we did a few things around the house. Makes cleaning easier. ;) Go with the Flow is my favorite as well. So darn catchy.

Nice meet & greets (as usual for you guys)! I am definitely gonna add some more of the not-so-usual characters in June. I have a KtP subscription...I just need to make use of it!

I'll see if we can fit both LK and Nemo in, in June. Should be be as hard if we can make it fir rope drop!

You wore those kids out! Oh and too funny on the food thing! I rarely ever forget to eat. I might be too busy to sometimes but I never forget. Even at Disney!

Oh and I'm a big Dr. Pepper fan. That's all my grandmother would drink. Now, I admit, I cheat with Mr. Pibb (we do live in Atlanta...home of Coke) and Fanta Orange is pretty darn good, too, and I only allow myself one soda per day on the weekends only....so I can make do with water or lemonade or tea.

Glad you are back but definitely understand the past and future absences due to real life!

I have obviously been putting my KtP subscription to good use lol. The kids just never seem to get sick of the meets...and DH and I may like them a little bit too. :blush:

I definitely don't forget to eat at home! I need to work on our food schedule at Disney because I'm missing out on trying all of these yummy things I keep seeing in other people's reports.

I will settle for Mr. Pibb and could deal with the WDW options if they would supply it, but they don't even have that! But nothing beats Dr. Pepper for me - I like the way your grandma thinks. I have actually gone and visited the Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, TX. I admire your willpower in limiting your cokes! I need daily caffeine and don't like coffee, so I get it from my cokes.

We tend to sing the songs at home too, especially Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and Tropical Serenade from the Tiki Room. Dr Pepper and root beer are pretty much the only sodas I will drink. Unless I have a Moon Pie, and then I crave RC:rotfl2: Luckily, I don't drink soda often, so I don't miss DP that much at Disney. I believe it is probably sold elsewhere in Orlando though, so your hopes of moving there are not totally destroyed;)

Singing the songs is the great way to inject a little Disney into your day at home! We also sing the Tikir room song a lot and I always do the same stupid dance to it that makes my kids roll their eyes. :thumbsup2

And we may or may not have made the voyage to Target to pick up DP while in Orlando a couple of times. ;)

Hello! I don't think I've commented on your TR yet, but when I saw your thoughts on Dr. Pepper, I had to chime in and say yes! I couldn't agree more! Although I am Canadian and we do get Dr. Pepper up here (but a little hard to find sometimes), I spent some time in Texas and Louisiana with work and I got hooked on the stuff. It's something I enjoy when I go down south, how much easier it is to find Dr. Pepper...except at Disney!

I also had no idea you could find Meeko at a M&G. I guess it's only occasionally, but it would be very cool to meet him.

Welcome! Dr. Pepper love is a great excuse for jumping in IMO. Glad the love is spreading up North! ;)

I didn't know Meeko was around either! I don't know if it's a regular thing or we just lucked out, but we were glad to see him either way. Same thing with Genie meeting with Jasmine instead of Aladdin.

Well hello there! Why are you letting real life get in the way of your Dis-ing lol?
We haven't watched Nemo-The Musical in probably 4-5 years; just weren't that impressed. Maybe we need to watch it again :scratchin

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a HUGE diet soda drinker, as in glasses of it every day. I do love diet Dr. Pepper and also diet Sunkist and diet Pepsi, but NOT diet Coke :crazy2: I try to get the light pomagranite lemonade whenever I can in Disney but it's getting harder and harder to find, so I'm stuck with the diet Coke! When we get home I'm all about my preferred diet sodas lol.

Glad to hear you're planning 2 AK days for next June :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have been a bad DISer. I had heard mixed reviews about the Nemo show, so I don't think you're alone. That's part of why we hadn't seen it yet. We figured we only had time for Lion King or Nemo and LK consistently gets raves, so we went with that one. However, Alex now says he likes Nemo better. I still love FotLK, but Nemo is up there too.

The only diet drink I like IS Diet Coke lol. Diet DP always tasted like medicine to me. My refillable mug was always either filled with Diet Coke or lemonade.

I'm excited about getting 2 days at AK next year, but unsure of what they'll look like. With the park as it is, they'll be pretty laid back. If Pandora is open, things get a little more complicated.

What a great meet with Pocahontas and Meeko. I'm glad Alex got his kiss!

I have a major addiction to Coke (the Cola kind, not the drug :thumbsup2) so I understand your addiction to Dr. Pepper. And, nothing beats a fountain soda.

I'm glad to "see" you on here. I understand being busy; I hate when work and other obligations get in the way of the DIS.

I'm glad Alex got his kiss too - he might have been a little insufferable if he hadn't. :love1: It really was a great meet.

You know I work in substance abuse treatment, and can help you if you have a problem. ;) J/K, I say coke for all kinds of soft drinks.

I am sick of real life getting in the way of me obsessing about Disney! Of course, when I get into times during which I'm too stressed to DIS out it leads me to want to obsess about Disney even more as an escape. It's a vicious cycle. :sad2:

Day 9 – June 14: Animal Kingdom, Part 3

We got back to the park in the 5:00pm hour and headed straight for Dinoland to use our first FP+ of the day.

20160614_175725.jpg

This was the kids’ first time on Dinosaur. Rees and I both rode it previously, but Alex was too short at the time and we thought it would be too intense for Cora. Honestly, I was worried it would be too intense this time too, but both kids loved it.

You may notice that my eyes are closed in the ride photo. This is the only way I’m able to make it through this ride.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7716532760.jpeg

After Dinosaur we made our way up to Asia for another first for both kids – Expedition Everest. They had both watched the YouTube video of the ride several times before the trip and said they wanted to try it. Of course, once we actually got in line Cora became Cora and started freaking out. As with Splash Mountain, we dealt with the “you’re terrible parents” looks and made her stay in the line and get on the ride.

This is them before: Cora nervous, Alex excited
20160614_180946.jpg

This is them after.

Pretty predictable. Here’s our ride photo.

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7716556047.jpeg

Next we walked over to Yak & Yeti to grab some dinner – hooray for not forgetting to eat! We didn’t have reservations, but I had joined the Landry’s Select Club, so we got right in. It was great because not only did we get the $25 credit for joining, we got an additional $25 to use because my birthday is in June.

We were shown to our table by a man who had actually just relocated back to Orlando from one of our local Landry’s restaurants here in Texas. We were seated upstairs by a window and enjoyed a nice view as we ate.

20160614_183845.jpg

20160614_183835.jpg

I also had to take a picture of the tiny WDW golf pencils because why not.
20160614_185348.jpg

All of us LOVED this meal.

I got the chicken tikka masala. I also got a tropical daiquiri, which you can kind of see in the picture.

20160614_190200.jpg

Delicious and bigger than it looks in the picture. I even had a little to take with me, which I ate later in the trip.

Rees got the Korean beef and also loved his meal.

20160614_190206.jpg

The kids got a teriyaki chicken breast (Cora) and corn dog nuggets (Alex), but I didn’t take pics pf their food. It looked like standard Disney kid meal fare, but they both gobbled theirs up and said it was really good.

We were pretty stuffed, but wanted to try the fried wontons dessert, as we’d heard it was great. We ordered one for the 4 of us to split so we could each just have a taste. This turned out to be a mistake.

Here is our dessert when we got it.

20160614_192636.jpg

Here it is just a few short minutes later.

20160614_193133.jpg

We inhaled that sucker. It was sooooo good. I had to stop Cora from trying to scrape up the sauce that was left on the plate with her fingers. Sometimes we’ll just be riding in the car and the kids will randomly start reminiscing about this dessert. It rocked their world. Needless to say, this is going on the return list for next year. And I’ll have my $25 credit again because we’ll be there in my birthday month again. Woot!

Day 9 – June 14: Animal Kingdom, Part 4

At some point in the evening we stopped to have more photopass pictures taken.

AK_EVRST1_7716561238.jpeg

This one was supposed to be a magic shot, but the magic ended up being left off of it! A kind soul in a Disney facebook group fixed it for me, much to Alex’s delight.

AK.jpg

Up next was my least favorite attraction in all of WDW. Like, I hate it more than Stitch. Can you guess what it is?

If you said that-God-awful-It’s-Tough-To-Be-a-Bug, you’re right. This is the ride’s actual full name in my house. The kids love it, in large part because of how much I hate it. The only redeeming quality is that going through the queue allows us to see the Tree of Life up close, which is amazingly gorgeous.

20160614_195032.jpg

Also these posters are kind of cute.

20160614_195334.jpg

After TGAITTBAB (™), we enjoyed a bit of the atmosphere around Discovery Island before using our final FP+ to see the early showing of the short-lived Jungle Book show. Here was the view from our seats. Lovely Pandora cranes in the background.

20160614_202735.jpg

It was no Rivers of Light (a complete guess as I, of course, have not seen that show), but it was enjoyable enough. We definitely didn’t find it to be as horrendous as many around these parts, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to see it again if it had stuck around.

After the Jungle Book show, we stopped off in front of the Tree of Life on our way out of the park to take in some of the new projections. It was so beautiful.

20160614_213331.jpg

20160614_214110.jpg

20160614_214114.jpg

20160614_214120.jpg

This was the first day of the trip that I did not use a wheelchair at all, which meant we didn’t have to stop to drop one off at the end of the day and were free to simply exit the part. My foot didn’t feel great, but held up well enough.

We got back to BLT just as Wishes was going off in the Magic Kingdom, and so stopped to watch outside the resort. Completely magical moment.

20160614_221006.jpg

20160614_221151.jpg

Then we went up to our room and caught the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony.

20160614_221955.jpg

20160614_222112.jpg

I ended up being glad that we saw the Pageant this evening, as it turned out to be the last time it was run during our trip. You may or may not have noticed the significance of this date. While we were having our magical moments watching Wishes and the EWP, just across the lagoon from us a desperate search for a 2 year old boy who was snatched by a gator was taking place. We saw the helicopter, but didn’t really think much of it until I got on my ipad and started seeing preliminary reports about what was happening. I felt sick to my stomach and absolutely awful for that family. We had woken up to news of the Orlando nightclub massacre just two days prior and then this happened. My heart ached for so many people in Orlando that week and I wondered what the atmosphere around WDW would feel like for the remainder of our trip.

Last edited:
We were on the lake about an hour after it happened, riding the boat back to WL. DH and the driver made some guesses as to the helicopter's presence. When we got back to the room I found out online and we could watch the helicopter from our room. Very disturbing and I had a hard time getting to sleep. I couldn't imagine what it would be like and wondered if they would find anything at all.

Yay for a fun evening at AK and double yay for all the discounts at Yak and Yeti! I absolutely hate, hate, hate Dinosaur. I won't go on it again. If I did I can guarantee my eyes would be closed, too.

I recognized the date immediately. I am still so sick to my stomach about it. I remember reading about it here on the DIS that night before bed and I kept on thinking that surely someone was misinformed. Sure enough, the next morning it was on the Today Show and I knew it was true. By this point, we are packed and ready to leave for our trip that night and I'm not even feeling the magic. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to be at the World during this tragedy.

On a bright note, I'm glad you got to see the EWP. It's one of our favorite "things" to see while at Disney.

We were on the lake about an hour after it happened, riding the boat back to WL. DH and the driver made some guesses as to the helicopter's presence. When we got back to the room I found out online and we could watch the helicopter from our room. Very disturbing and I had a hard time getting to sleep. I couldn't imagine what it would be like and wondered if they would find anything at all.

Sleep was definitely difficult that night, especially as so little was known. Just a terrible terrible tragedy.

Yay for a fun evening at AK and double yay for all the discounts at Yak and Yeti! I absolutely hate, hate, hate Dinosaur. I won't go on it again. If I did I can guarantee my eyes would be closed, too.

I actually like Dinosaur okay, I just don't like the one popping out! I have actually never seen it. :rotfl: My eyes will be squeezed shut at that point every time, but I will continue to ride it because I'm a bit of a masochist.

I recognized the date immediately. I am still so sick to my stomach about it. I remember reading about it here on the DIS that night before bed and I kept on thinking that surely someone was misinformed. Sure enough, the next morning it was on the Today Show and I knew it was true. By this point, we are packed and ready to leave for our trip that night and I'm not even feeling the magic. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to be at the World during this tragedy.

The DIS was my first notice of what was actually going on. It still bothers me to think about it. I saw the family on the news recently in honor of the little boy's birthday and it made me cry. I can't even begin to comprehend what they went through/are going through, and to have it happen in the Most Magical Place on Earth...

On a bright note, I'm glad you got to see the EWP. It's one of our favorite "things" to see while at Disney.

Yes, me too! This was the first time we had a room where we could see it from the balcony. We saw a bit of it earlier in the trip, but this was the only time we actually watched the whole thing and I'm so glad we did.

I've enjoyed reading your report. I love how you do midday breaks and return to the same park. No park hoppers needed. Everyone looks to be having a blast!

We did BC last year and my kids wanted to live in SAB.

How was your tikka masala chicken? Steve had it at Harambe Market and it was GOOOOOOOD, and I'm thinking I want to order it at Y&Y next month. Yours looks a little different and I'm wondering if it's the same :scratchin
I don't have to ask you anything about the wonton dessert. I know without a doubt I'm getting that ::yes::
I LOL'd again at ITTBAB! We've only done it once, back in 2006 on the boys' first trip and Chris was only 11mos. & stayed at the resort with my mom so he's never done it. I plan to do that in Nov. since it'll be new for him and somewhat new for the rest of us. I vaguely remember it; I don't expect to be wow'ed by any means but it'll be interesting to see how much there is to it that I don't remember.
You know we always to PH's, and the one trip we didn't get them ahead of time we added them by the beginning of our 2nd day. But like @mi*vida*loca said I like how you return to the same park at night and don't need the hoppers. I might try that if we don't renew our AP's at some point. We normally don't take breaks but if we go in the summer again (and chances are we will), I think it might be a nice change for us taking a break and then returning to the same park.

I love that your kids try every ride! Still, as recently as this afternoon, trying to talk Chris into trying RnRc or having another go on TOT..........

So I started responding earlier today at work but it got so busy I never finished! I'll try again. :)

Love that the kids tried the new rides. I look forward to that day for my boys! In June, we will all be tall enough for Barnstormer! LOL. Glad you enjoyed your dinner and dessert. You probably remember, I wasn't all that impressed, myself.

God-awful-it's-tough-to-be-a-bug.....hilarious!

Oh and let's just hope we get to see Rivers of Light next June, right??

I have to make sure we schedule some ToL Awakenings time next trip. I can't believe I forgot this past trip. I know this sounds crazy, but I need to be a better planner next time! Ha!

I've enjoyed reading your report. I love how you do midday breaks and return to the same park. No park hoppers needed. Everyone looks to be having a blast!

We did BC last year and my kids wanted to live in SAB.

Thank you! Yeah, I felt torn about the hoppers beforehand, but we had had them the trip before and barely used them. I figured I'd get base tickets and then add hoppers at the parks if we decided we needed them, but we really didn't. We found that we really like just focusing on one park for the day. Although it's tempting to get them just be able to pop into Epcot whenever we want while staying at BCV.

Sounds like your kids would get along well with mine lol. One of the highlights of their entire lives...

How was your tikka masala chicken? Steve had it at Harambe Market and it was GOOOOOOOD, and I'm thinking I want to order it at Y&Y next month. Yours looks a little different and I'm wondering if it's the same :scratchin

I loved it! I could have stood it being a little spicier, but it was very tasty and I would not hesitate to order it again (and probably will next year). I've never had the one at Harambe, so I can't speak to the comparison, although now I'm quite tempted to try it.

I don't have to ask you anything about the wonton dessert. I know without a doubt I'm getting that ::yes::

YES. So much yes.

I LOL'd again at ITTBAB! We've only done it once, back in 2006 on the boys' first trip and Chris was only 11mos. & stayed at the resort with my mom so he's never done it. I plan to do that in Nov. since it'll be new for him and somewhat new for the rest of us. I vaguely remember it; I don't expect to be wow'ed by any means but it'll be interesting to see how much there is to it that I don't remember.

I remember every moment. I just hate it so much! :laughing: I took special care to remember the...special surprise...at the end and compensate for it. I won't be more specific in case you don't remember and don't want to be spoiled.

You know we always to PH's, and the one trip we didn't get them ahead of time we added them by the beginning of our 2nd day. But like @mi*vida*loca said I like how you return to the same park at night and don't need the hoppers. I might try that if we don't renew our AP's at some point. We normally don't take breaks but if we go in the summer again (and chances are we will), I think it might be a nice change for us taking a break and then returning to the same park.

I love that your kids try every ride! Still, as recently as this afternoon, trying to talk Chris into trying RnRc or having another go on TOT..........

Our style definitely isn't for everyone, but it seems to work well for us. I always make an alternate version of my plans with hoppers just to see what it would look like (have already sort of done so for next trip) and I am never able to find more than one or two times we'd really want to use it. I like that Disney offers the flexibility of adding it if you need it.

So I started responding earlier today at work but it got so busy I never finished! I'll try again. :)

You know I know how that goes...

Love that the kids tried the new rides. I look forward to that day for my boys! In June, we will all be tall enough for Barnstormer! LOL. Glad you enjoyed your dinner and dessert. You probably remember, I wasn't all that impressed, myself.

I do remember! I don't know if it's just a difference in tastes or if they were having an off night vs. an on night on our different days.

Congrats on reaching the important "everyone tall enough for Barnstormer" milestone! ;) We are hoping to have everyone tall enough for RnRC next year, but I don't know that Alex will make it. He's so much shorter than his sister ever was at the same ages.

Oh and let's just hope we get to see Rivers of Light next June, right??

Oh seriously. But I'm not counting on it, even though it will likely have been operating for a good 7 months by that point. Scared to trust again.

I have to make sure we schedule some ToL Awakenings time next trip. I can't believe I forgot this past trip. I know this sounds crazy, but I need to be a better planner next time! Ha!

Lol! I think you did a pretty fantastic job of planning this time, things just didn't go the way you hoped. And you adapted wonderfully to all of the shifts and delays. But yes, the Awakenings are definitely worth seeing!

We do get PH every trip and we use them since we try to do AM EMH and then hop to another park after our midday pool break. I would like to try your strategy one day. Just focus on one park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter