16 year old, Keys to the Kingdom Tour question

When I created my account for My Disney Experience, it asked for the birth dates of my group. So Disney knows how old I am, my husband is, and our son.....and since MDE can be accessed through our magic bands, or even our park tickets that are purchased through the website.....I expect Disney may at times be fully aware of who is old enough to book the tours.
but bands can be switched to others in your group so not sure age in the account is going to work if they ask for ID

When I created my account for My Disney Experience, it asked for the birth dates of my group. So Disney knows how old I am, my husband is, and our son.....and since MDE can be accessed through our magic bands, or even our park tickets that are purchased through the website.....I expect Disney may at times be fully aware of who is old enough to book the tours.

Sure... but what’s keeping you from saying your son is older than he actually is (or younger) to gain access to a tour or pay a different price?

Which you can easily lie about, especially an age like 16 since it doesn't impact any thing else on your reservation. What it says on MDE means nothing. It's not proof.

We just did this with DD17 earlier this month and although she brought her ID, she wasn't asked. I am not sure, but our tour had a youngish girl traveling alone in the group and I believe I saw them ask her for her ID when she arrived with what I assume to be her father. I'm guessing it is determined by how old the child looks. We ate at Pecos Bill for lunch. Ordered upon arrival and ate in a roped off area that had its own condiments.

When we did the KTTK tour, I was obviously over 16 (I was in my mid 40s) and I was asked for ID, and so was my husband.

I think you should definitely bring the ID for your 16 year old. The worst thing that can happen is that she won't be asked for it. If you don't bring it, and they ask, she might be denied access to the tour. That would be much worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter