17 nights at Royal Pacific and still didn`t want to leave

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Well, it`s been a couple of years since I`ve done a trip report....I almost don`t know where to begin.

We`ve been staying at RPR for our whole trip since 2009. We have stayed elsewhere on previous trips but once we stayed here, we knew we didn`t want to stay anywhere else when we come to Orlando. It really is our home from home. We don`t visit Disney at all so it`s proximity to the Universal parks that we love so much is just ideal and suits us down to the ground. The hotel is just beautiful. As soon as you walk in you are made to feel like an old friend returning. It`s nice when people remember you from previous years. The staff here are so wonderful and nothing is too much trouble.

We are most definitely not planners!!! That would be a nightmare for us if we had to seriously plan anything. We don`t want to make restaurant reservations ahead of time.......we decide on the day where we ant to eat and if it`s too long a wait......we`ll try another day. We usually decide on the day or the night before what our plans are for the next day. It suits us. Having 17 days means we are never in a rush to do anything. We do have place we like to eat at every year, but that`s about as much as we plan. We do make arrangements to meet up with friends we have met from on here too.

So there`s me Carole, very happy homemaker, wife and mum to the most wonderful husband and son you could ever hope to have. We are lucky with the business DH is in he has a lot of time off so we do spend a ridiculous amount of time together according to my friends :scratchin........and DS is in his second year of a 5 year course at university studying Chemical Engineering, thankfully he has his fathers brains. We`re not sure at the moment if DS will be able to come next year due to work placements, but we`ll worry about that another time. It will be different and strange when he stops coming with us. We do feel lucky he still enjoys coming with us this far.

So when we got back from our trip last year which was in July......only because our DS was having back surgery in August and then starting University in September, would never go again in July unless I REALLY had to, but we were home days before I started to mentally plan this year. We love going September time, it`s so quiet and the weather is perfect usually so we looked at things like when DH was off and when DS uni started up and we decided to fly out 12th September till the 29th. That seemed to suit us and finally I would be celebrating my birthday in Orlando. DH had his birthday twice here when we visited in August, but I had missed mine here previously so I was very happy.

Then there was the waiting for flights to come out. We always fly Virgin Atlantic so as soon as they were released we got them booked. Now people always tell us we should wait, but as long is we are happy with the price I`m not bothered. We have no interest in flying indirect either so we know what we want. It`s a long enough flight to Orlando without having to make stops, but each to their own. So flights booked along with extra legroom seats which are a godsend on long flights. It`s only an extra couple of inches...but it makes a difference if the person in front reclines.

Hotel was booked soon after along with our car hire from USRentacar. We have used them every year and they are always good, have never had any issues with them. The people at the hire desks in Orlando....different story.....
But anyway we booked a 7 seater SUV......it`s usually a Tahoe or similar but we give the guy in the garage an incentive and we always end up with a Suburban which we love to drive. We had and Expedition last year as our usual guy wasn't there....took it back it was horrible to drive. Anyway flights, hotel and car hire sorted now to book our hotel for the night before we fly.

We always stay at the Radisson at Manchester airport. It`s handy as we just have to walk down an internal walkway to the terminals. We stay here a lot even of we are flying off to see a European Grand Prix as it`s just so handy. We usually book a normal room and have a single bed put in for DS, but this year we booked a family room which is 2 rooms and this included our parking for 19 days. Another thing booked.

Next was travel insurance which we always get as soon as everything is booked. Was worried about then charging ridiculous costs for DS after having back surgery but as it was over 6 months it didn`t count. Thankfully he fully recovered with no issues.

So by November last year we had everything booked and just had to sit and wait till September came around. I had a trip to New York in between which meant I didn`t feel it as long a gap as dh and ds. I went in April for a week with my niece and my mum and it was just wonderful. I truly loved NY and can`t wait to go back. Seeing all the sights I had seen on tv and catching up with relatives on Long Island that we hadn`t seen in such a long time. I could live on Long Island!! My niece and I stayed in Manhattan while my mum stayed with her sister and we met up a few times. It was lovely but I did miss my boys a lot. We did all the touristy things including seeing Wicked which I just loved, central Park, Rockefeller, Empire State...morning and evening and so much more. Mum and I are going back next May for 2 weeks, staying with my aunt but having 5 days in the city just the 2 of us this time. Looking forward to that.

But anyway.......after a long and surprisingly beautiful summer in the UK September came around.

Wed 11th September

I had spent the previous night chatting to a friend and saying I couldn`t believe it was finally here, but it was and I suddenly had a panic I had forgotten something important........I hate that feeling. But as time went on I realised it was just worry. DH wasn't arriving home till the morning so I had everything packed and put in the right place so he could sleep for a few hours in the morning before we set off at lunchtime, I wouldn`t be disturbing him then.

DS an I had breakfast and then mooched around trying to be quiet but willing him to get up bless him!! He finally got up around 11.30 and we got the luggage in the car and set off the 3 and a bit hour drive to Manchester for our overnight stay. The weather was foul, I wish I had taken pictures of the weather as it was so bad, roads were not fun to drive on and didn`t make for a nice relaxing journey. We always stop for lunch at a diner and did so again, usually just sandwiches and coffee to keep us going till dinner at night in the hotel. So after we ate we set off again but it took longer between the weather and we hit major roadworks so that slowed us down a bit, but we were in no rush as as far as we were concerned our holiday had begun...we were on our way.

Arrived at the hotel around 4.30 and it was still raining....heavy! DH dropped us off at the door or as close as he could, left us with the luggage and went around to park the car. We went up to check in on the 3rd floor when the girl told us we couldn`t check in there as we had a business room booked, we had to go to the top floor. Well that was odd as I had booked a family room but she assured us it was correct. So we headed up the top floor and saw Executive Check in......I was still convinced she had got it wrong......but no it was correct........she gave us our room keycards and we went down a floor not knowing what to expect. We were very pleased to see we had been been given an upgraded room that had been refurbished. They were beautiful and actually made me wish we were staying more than one night

Apologies for the size of pics......can`t quite work out how to make them smaller :headache:

our room

DS room

So we kinda mooched around and looked out the window for a bit as we had a runway view again. Someone said they now charge an extra fifteen pounds a night for this but we were not charged that. The weather was still awful but it is nice looking at it when you are inside all nice and warm

We loved the rooms, and they were purple.....almost as if they knew......for those that don`t know I LOVE anything purple......if it`s purple I`ll buy it....even if I don`t need it......I`ll find a place for it. So we sat and made some tea, then went for a walk down to the terminal.

They have a couple of shops this side so we picked up some magazines and bits and bobs before heading back to hotel. We usually go to the pool but this year we didn`t bother we went into the lounge for a drink as it was too early for dinner. The restaurant area here has all been refurbished and is lovely. Food is always a hit and a miss for us but instead of going somewhere else we decided to give it a try again.

In the bar Tom had a beer and I had a cocktail in a skull....it wasn`t great to be honest but I drank most of it.....it had a real kick though!!

After this we went through to dinner. The restaurant is really nice and staff were lovely but the food wasn`t great. I don`t mind paying a lot of money if it`s good but this was just ok. DS enjoyed his, he had plain chicken and fries, DH had pizza and I ordered the steak......should have waited till the states for that. Had some wine as well which was nice

Decisions Decisions

So after a very ok dinner we headed back upstairs to our room. We planned to watch some tv and watch some planes taking off. Weather was still awful. I did take some pics of the bathroom DS had, but Photobucket has limited how many pics you can store for free, so although we have every single pic on the laptop, they are not all on PB. I won`t pay them for more storage, so don`t have all the 1300 or so pictures we took on it.

By 10.30 we were all ready for bed. We arranged a wake up call for 5.15am, set the alarm on the TV's in both rooms.....and set my own little alarm......maybe a little over the top but it`s our biggest worry is sleeping in and missing the plane. Not much chance of that as we are all usually awake before the alarms go off anyway, excitement takes care of that!!!

The beds were just heavenly to sleep on......and it was so quiet we really did have a wonderful nights sleep in them, which was a good thing as travel day is such a long one.

Last edited:
:woohoo:Thanks for starting your trippie today...can't wait to read morepopcorn::

Congrats on the pretty purple room upgrade...I know you were in heaven:cloud9:

:cool1:

Looking forward to more, more, more

And I hear you on the purple. I LOOOOOOOOVE purple. Anything Purple!!!

when i saw that the blanket on the bed was purple, i KNEW this was the perfect room for youse !!
noticed a purple suitcase in one of the pics.....

beautiful pictures, beautiful family.

your boy looks like daddy!

i am thrilled you are doing this trippie.
i'll be checking it constantly.

Thanks for starting this!! I am excited to read about your long Florida vacation!

Thanks.....I hope you enjoy it :thumbsup2

:woohoo:Thanks for starting your trippie today...can't wait to read morepopcorn::

Congrats on the pretty purple room upgrade...I know you were in heaven:cloud9:

LOL......it was such a gorgeous room, could have stayed longer!!

:cool1:

Looking forward to more, more, more

And I hear you on the purple. I LOOOOOOOOVE purple. Anything Purple!!!

Yay.....my purple twin....I found you :cool1:

Following along! :)

Nice to have you along for the ride.......:thumbsup2

when i saw that the blanket on the bed was purple, i KNEW this was the perfect room for youse !!
noticed a purple suitcase in one of the pics.....

beautiful pictures, beautiful family.

your boy looks like daddy!

i am thrilled you are doing this trippie.
i'll be checking it constantly.

Aww thanks.....yes he does look like his dad.....except when he sleeps......he looks just like me when I was younger.

I tried for a whole new set of purple luggage I had spied before we set off this year.....I was unanimously outvoted!!!

Wahoo! Following along! :)

Hey nice to have you along Lynne :yay:

Trying to sort Photobucket out........then I can carry on!!!

Thursday 12th September.....Travel Day

Well, we needn`t have set any of the alarms.....we were all wide awake just before 5am....typical. But as we were awake we might as well get up......well I did anyway. They both like to take their time in the mornings....I`m more jump up and lets get this adventure started. But, it was early so I contained my excitement and gently opened the connecting door to DS room to make sure he didn`t go back to sleep. Not much chance with me rumbling about!!
I jumped in the shower first as it takes me longer to get sorted with drying and straightening my hair. The shower was one of the best I have ever been in.......but after a while I thought I better get out as DH was waiting. DS had his own shower so no big queue. Didn`t take us that long and as it started to get light we saw it was still raining!! Now I don`t mind the rain, in fact I love to fly out of the UK when it`s dull grey and miserable when I know I`m flying in to sunshine and heat so it was nice to see today.

We put all out clothes we had on yesterday into a bag and before we check out and hand our car keys over to the hotel DH takes the bag to the car. They take the car offsite while we are away, and it`s waiting for us when we get back. So by 6.30 we were checking out and heading down the walkway to Terminal 2. As usual we are far too early.....we had done online checkin the day before so could have arrived later, but we like to be early and take our time. There was a few people before us in the queue for bag drop so we stood till the opened the desk. Got to desk and for some reason my boarding card wouldn`t print....the other 2 were fine but she had to manually do something to mine......I wondered why!! Anyway got upstairs and through security........I usually set off the metal detectors but this time I was ok....it was DH who got frisked and checked. As usual there was no reason, but it`s usually always one of us.

Stopped in at a café for breakfast, just some cereal and toast for DS and I, DH had a bacon sandwich....well had to search for the bacon but it was there somewhere!!! But had a lovely cup of tea as it would be my last tea till we came home as we only drink coffee in the States.....much nicer. After eating spent the mandatory time in duty free where I got my Chanel Chance eau fraiche perfume I was after, part of my birthday present. Got a few other bits and some sandwiches in case food on plane wasn`t good. It`s usually a hit or a miss with Virgin. Saw where our plane was leaving from and sat and waited till we were called.

It was the 2 engine A330 we were travelling in......I like 4 engines......we have been on this plane before and I know it`s safe....but I would prefer the 4 engine Jumbo Jet......I knew we were coming home in that but would have liked it going out too......I`m a worrier :) Anyway as usual they shout you in rows, now DH was sitting behind us as the extra leg room seats were in rows of 2 so he was called before us. So we sat till we were called next......joined the queue and I handed her my boarding card and showed her my passport and as she scanned the card it made a rather unpleasant beeping sound.......I just looked at her and straight away a woman officer appeared by my side and asked me to go with her. I nearly passed out with fright.....DS card scanned fine and he followed me while this lady led me by the arm to an area just beyond where you turn to get on the plane.....she addressed me by name and asked who I was travelling with today........I was a bit worried at this point as she had told DS to board. Anyway, there were two other officers a male and a female the female asked if it was ok to frisk me and the male asked if he could search my hand luggage.....I said of course you can......this only lasted a few moments but wow......she then said I could go, it was just a random extra security check!!!! Bloomin heck.....it had to be me....they were really nice about it, very non threatening but it was a bit scary for a second......so I got on the plane, DS had waited half way down the gangway as he was worried I wouldn`t appear......lol. Excitement over for now I got on the plane. I took the window seat this time. Seats were good and comfy which was ideal as it was going to be a long flight.

We settled down and had the usual food served, it was edible. Had a glass of wine as I hoped I would be able to fall asleep at some point. We always drink plenty of water though. The flight ended up taking well over 9 hours, I slept for about half an hour watched Modern Family...twice. There was no movies I wanted to see and the ones I did try and watch were awful .......it kinda dragged a bit until we reached the US coastline.......it`s always better when you can see something other than cloud or water.

Finally we started getting nearer to Orlando....you can feel everyone getting excited on the plane. In the middle of the journey there`s always a lull where everyone is either resting or watching movies, but when the captain announces it won`t be long till we start descending everyone perks up.

Love this view, it`s about 10 minutes till we land

We have never had a bad landing here and this one was no different, very smooth and we think we`re going to burst with excitement to get off the plane.......it always seems to take ages though. We all stand up and wait as we`ve been on our bottoms for far too long. Finally very slowly we start to trickle off. Thank the crew for getting us there safely and for looking after us so well. Head down to immigration. We seem to be the only plane in our little hub, sometimes the other UK flights beat us in and the queues can be horrific, but today we seem to be lucky!! Get near the front and it`s our turn. Get a really friendly officer and when DH has his turn to be fingerprinted and scanned the system collapses........the whole immigration system!!! We couldn`t believe our luck....bad luck that is.....DS jokes it was my fault for being held up earlier. It doesn`t seem funny at this point. The ppor girl tried everything, she explained if it goes down in one place it`s usually all over. How long were we going to be we wondered. Managers appeared and it took quite a while to sort out but eventually it was and we got through our luggage that was wandering endlessly around the carousel. Got it up and got on the monorail....yay....we were nearly home.

Car rental next. This is always funny. We prepay and have all the insurance and extra driver in our package we pay for, but they always try and sell you stuff you don`t need....extra insurance......don`t need it.....sat nav.....don`t need it......extra driver.....don`t need it got it.......upgrade your car sir.........don`t need to........and so it goes on. We also always write on the agreements that no upgrades required or agreed to, have heard of people having charges added to their card after they leave. So it`s a hassle especially after a long flight but it has to be done. But this year it was a breeze.......asked if we were happy with a Tahoe....we said yep it`s fine.....and that was it. Sign and we were off to the garage. We are thinking we got off lucky there......no hard sell for the first time.

One of our favourite bits is coming out of the airport doors and feeling the Florida heat........it`s the best feeling in the world......if you ignore the exhaust fumes from the ME buses..lol. So got to the hire cars and DH grabs one of the young lads and slips him $30 and asks if he has a Suburban we can have.......Yes sir he says.......points us to a big shiny black suburban.......just what we wanted (like in Criminal Minds) so we get packed up get our new paperwork and head off. It costs a fortune to upgrade to one of those at the desk so tipping the guy works great.

When we get out on the road it always amazes us how familiar the roads are to us and how much we feel at home driving on them. We all have huge smiles on our faces as we drive along the road and turn off at Universal Boulevard heading for home. The drive is warm and welcoming and then we see Dr Doom, HP Castle for the first time this year.....then RPR. Not long now.

Get into the car park, we always self park and take the cases up to the lobby it`s easy as there are crossings and a walkway contrary to a comment on Trip Advisor.......we are immediately welcomed by the guys stood at the entrance. We always take our time here and walk slowly into the lobby....taking in every moment, but we`re here.

DS sits with luggage while we check in. It`s not that busy so we are sorted in not time at all. We are going to be in T1 for a couple of nights till our room in T3 is ready. They were doing a massive cleaning program in T3, so it was no problem to wait a couple of days. We get our luggage in to the room and we do have a kind of pool view. We partially get unpacked, just enough for a couple of days.....freshen up and head to Jakes for dinner.

A cool drink was in order for us........we were ready for it, even though we were tired the adrenelin kicks in from somewhere. So we thought about what we wanted to eat.

DH had the bomber burger

DS had turkey burger..I stole his onions

I had the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries

Now we were tired, so we may not have enjoyed it as much as we normally do but most of my sweet potato fries were raw, DS burger was quite dry...did mention the fries were raw and he apologised. I know we should have maybe complained more as they would have sorted it out but by this time I just wanted to sleep. So it wasn`t a great start for food but that could have been us. Wheels was the guy looking after us.......super nice guy!!

We were trying to stay awake a bit longer, so headed up to Orchids lounge where I had a gorgeous Ginger cocktail, Tom had a beer and DS had water....to splash on his face at this point. We stayed till 9.30, but eventually we gave in and went to our room. We were all unconscious in about 5 minutes, we had been on the go 21 hours.

Tomorrow is my birthday :cool1:

Carole - you did master photobucket;)! Great to finally be able to associate 'a face' with the name, you have a lovely family:).

Having extra attention @ the airport on an international flight isn't the best way to start out a trip:faint: but it appears as though you settled in well @ RPH...welcome back to your second home:goodvibes

Yay!! I always like the thrill of the first day. Sorry immigration was such a delay.

I love the Florida heat too. It means I'm on vacation!

I already miss the RP hotel!

Great pictures!

Carole - you did master photobucket;)! Great to finally be able to associate 'a face' with the name, you have a lovely family:).

Having extra attention @ the airport on an international flight isn't the best way to start out a trip:faint: but it appears as though you settled in well @ RPH...welcome back to your second home:goodvibes

Thank you.....I quite like them too :goodvibes yes it wasn't the best start, but could laugh about it later......just!

Yay!! I always like the thrill of the first day. Sorry immigration was such a delay.

I love the Florida heat too. It means I'm on vacation!

I already miss the RP hotel!

Great pictures!

Thanks........first day is the best and yep I miss it too :thumbsup2

still with you and reading.::yes::

:goodvibes hoped you would be!!

Looking forward to reading more!

Wondered where you were :rotfl:.......nice to have you along :goodvibes

Will catch up with next day tomorrow hopefully.

I don't know how I missed your update yesterday:confused3

Oh the joy of the first day of a trip...too bad you had the crap scared out of you by security. I know all was forgotten when you felt that Florida sun.

Keep up the good work:thumbsup2

I love reading trip reports from those of you who travel so far. It's fun to hear what you like in America. You guys are cracking me up with your rental car upgrade strategy, I love it!!! I'll tuck it away if we ever fly again (we usually drive down from Virginia). You have such a nice looking family--can't wait to hear/see more about your trip!!

I don't know how I missed your update yesterday:confused3

Oh the joy of the first day of a trip...too bad you had the crap scared out of you by security. I know all was forgotten when you felt that Florida sun.

Keep up the good work:thumbsup2

Thanks Vicki......yes it was forgotten quite quickly thankfully :)

I love reading trip reports from those of you who travel so far. It's fun to hear what you like in America. You guys are cracking me up with your rental car upgrade strategy, I love it!!! I'll tuck it away if we ever fly again (we usually drive down from Virginia). You have such a nice looking family--can't wait to hear/see more about your trip!!

Aww thank you for the nice comments Kirsten.......glad you`re enjoying it!! I would love to be able to just drive down to Orlando.
Nice to have you reading along :goodvibes

Friday 13th September......Happy Birthday to me :cool1:

Well, we all had just the best nights sleep ever!! Those beds at RP are so comfy and the pillows just suit what I like to sleep on....like big fluffy marshmallows. It takes me a few seconds to remember I`m there and slowly open my eyes...it`s 7 am. The other 2 are still asleep so I slowly pull back the curtains to let a little bit of light in....it`s not really light yet but I can see people milling around the pool area getting it set up for the day. I love that full first day feeling, knowing the whole trip is in front of you and everything to look forward to.

Which reminds me then it`s my birthday......35 if anybody asks :rolleyes1 So I start to make little coughing noises to encourage them to wake up......eventually I have to revert to just shaking DH who is consciously ignoring me....but smiling at the same time :confused3 So they waken and wish me happy birthday....I want my presents!!! Now I am a bit of a child when it comes to presents so I`m keen to open what I know they have packed.....they thought I wouldn`t notice them sneaking little things in the cases. So DH explains it`s only my cards and a couple of things to open as I`m going for a ring from Tiffany later. I don`t wear rings generally, just wedding band and engagement ring but thought I might like one for my other hand.

So I open the gifts and cards and have some earrings, a purple scarf, and 80`s cd I wanted and perfume.....I was very pleased. I had some other gifts at home but they were too big to pack and pointless as I didn`t need them here. I put my cards up and we all showered and got ready to go for breakfast. It`s tradition we always go to Orchids first morning, so that`s what we did. I had pancakes as they have a new machine that makes them fresh, DS had cereal and DH had his usual croissant. It was lovely as always and we saw Elsa who has worked there for years, she is lovely and seems to remember everyone!!

Because we are here for 17 nights we don`t start doing the parks till Sunday as we have a 14 day ticket. Last year we couldn`t wait and paid for 1 day entrance what it cost for our 14 day ticket.....not this year. We were going to take it easy first few days. Stepping out into the Floridian sunshine makes us smile even more.......we walk down to get our car and the weather is just beautiful, slowly at first then we remember we have no sun cream on and start walking quicker......we burn very easy.

We headed to Wal-Mart on Turkey lake road for a few bits and bobs like suncream and to see a lady we have known for quite a few years now. She works in Wal-Mart and we have gotten to know her and always stop by to chat to her a few times each visit. She`s a lovely lady and is always delighted to see us. So we chat to her, have a wander around get what we need and head off to Mall at Millenia....our favourite mall anywhere.

By the time we got there it was lunchtime, so we headed up to the foodcourt....we love it up there. So much choice and so cheap to eat. We head straight for Firehouse Sub.......a definite favourite of ours

DS has plain turkey

DH has NY Steamer.....don`t remember everything that was in it

And I have the King Hawaiian.....pulled pork, BBQ sauce and coleslaw.........it is lush!!!

Now I am full after this but Kyle LOVES chocolate cake......especially Linda`s chocolate fudge cake from Cheesecake Factory........it`s huge, and he spends all year thinking about when he`ll get to have it again

That is one happy boy!!! I hate chocolate cake........I like Chocolate and I like cake.......but just not together. This is one of the biggest richest cakes I have ever seen. Usually he finishes it, but today he just can`t quite make it.....so DH is "allowed" to finish it for him. We sit for 10 minutes or so just people watching and letting our lunch settle before we set off.

One of the first things we notice is the Lindt shop is not there anymore, that was a staple visit for us there and Yankee Candle is also gone. But we head to Tiffany. I love this store.........as I walked in I put my head down to check my bag.....I didn`t notice the 6 foot tall very wide security man stood at the entry :confused3....so when he said Good afternoon Ma-am.........I jumped about 6 feet in the air............early prep for HHN...........he laughed and apologised......should have been me apologising for being such a jumper!! Anyway went through and had a look at the rings....I had an idea what I wanted after poring over the website for months.....and I saw the one I really liked immediately.....tried it on.......didn`t like it!!! It didn`t suit my hand........so after painstakingly searching around I had almost given up when the man brought out one I hadn`t noticed before. It was 2 silver rings attached together....I thought it might feel awkward on my hand but I tried it on and said yep that`s the one!! Easy peasy!! It was gift wrapped while DH paid and then I swanned out with my nice little gift bag a happy bunny.

Wandered around the mall for a bit, got some nice costume jewellery from Macy and some stuff from Bath and Body. We weren`t really wanting to stay much longer as we normally visit 3 or 4 times but we had a quick look in the Apple shop as DH was looking for something new, but it was so busy we left and went back to the hotel. I said I would drive back.....we both love driving in the States and have sometimes had a row over who gets to drive.....lol.....but I got in and I forgot just how big the Suburban is!!! We drive a Mercedes C Class at home.....it`s very sleek and very low....so I feel like Queen of the world driving this Tonka toy!!! As soon as I set off though...I`m loving it.....we say again just how familiar these roads are....we don`t need to think about where we are going it`s automatic now after 7 years. It is very big going in the security gate at RP though so I ask for some guidance......don`t want to clip the box!!! I manage though and get parked quite close at car park is not too busy.

As we walked into the room I had had 2 sets of balloons delivered and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries :cool1:

One was from DH and the other was from the hotel as a little birdie had informed them it was my birthday.....so it was a lovely surprise. There was candy attached to the balloons too!! And a lovely card. There was also a lovely little hand written note from the lady who cleaned our room wishing me a happy birthday and a little poem......a really nice touch.

We got showered, had some strawberries and headed up to Club Lounge before we went out. I had a very large glass of white wine, Kyle had some water and DH had a coke. There was plenty of food laid out, hot choice was Teriyaki chicken and rice....it looked lovely, nice salad, cheese and biscuits, prawn crackers and chilli sauce.......but as were heading out we didn`t have anything, it was just nice to sit and relax for a bit. There wasn`t a lot of people in so it was quiet. Got chatting to some staff who we became so friendly with, they were lovely. I find it really easy to talk to people and love finding out about people, DH says I really would find something nice to talk about with the devil!! But everyone has a story and most people will chat back happily.

So we decide to head for dinner. I had been trying to decide where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner and my first choice would have been Ruths Chris Steakhouse. We went there a couple of years ago and I loved it.....best steak I have ever eaten.......but I knew they hadn`t liked it as much as I did.......so I had eventually said Longhorn Steakhouse........we all love it there and the steaks are always excellent. We go to the one at Lake Buena Vista, our favourite of the 2 places close by. I volunteer to drive there but tell DH he can drive home......then he reminds me I have had a glass....large glass of wine......Darn I had forgotton.......so that`s why he wanted me to have some wine earlier........so DH gets to drive tonight.....method in his reasoning.

We take a couple of pics on the way out and a lady offers to take on of us all

Our pride and joy to drive

So we`re there in no time and get seated almost straight away. It`s a lovely welcoming restaurant that we`ve eaten at many times so we don`t need to study the menu for long.

DS orders a virgin strawberry daiquiri , I have Blackberry firefly tea......and DH has strawberry lemonade. I have had this cocktail before and it`s gorgeous but very strong......so I only have 1.

DS orders Chicken Tenders....quite predictable for him and he says these are among the best there is....with fries and veg

We decide to have the Porterhouse for 2. I like my steak medium rare.....DH likes his medium........I compromise.....even though it`s my birthday and get it medium praying it wouldn`t be too medium and more medium rare.....well it was fine......

We each cut off a bit before I remembered to take a pic.....it came with a sauce served tableside.....you could add crushed red jalapenos to make it hotter....it was lovely, kind of orangey rosemary flavour, but the steak didn`t really need it to be honest it was delicious

We really enjoyed our meal and no-one had room for dessert so we headed home. We had planned to go do some mini golf at Citywalk, but we were too tired and full too.......so we headed to Orchids lounge where we had some strawberry lemonade and Tom had Sake. It is such a lovely lounge to just sit and chill out in, very relaxing and the staff are always lovely. We were looking for one of the girls who had worked there for years too, didn`t see her so just assumed she had left, but it was only our first full night. It was 10.30 by this time and we were all yawning so off to bed for us. We always sit and chat for a while or until one of us drops off, just about the day, what we have done and how much we`ve enjoyed it......even if it`s not doing much at all. There wasn`t much chatting tonight though we were so tired.

We weren`t sure at this point what we do tomorrow.......we would make up our minds then :wave2:

the first thread i come to when on the dis is this one.
i eagerly wait for each new installment.

your pictures are so vivid and fantastic!
you really capture the scenes so well.

you look so happy on your birthday.
i was hoping to catch a glimpse of that new birthday ring on your finger but didn't see it.

sounds like your first day back home was special.

Isn't relaxing one of the best parts of vacation. What a great birthday day. Yes, let's see those rings, well 2 rings ring.

Great pictures. We love a good steak too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter