17 nights at Royal Pacific and still didn`t want to leave

the first thread i come to when on the dis is this one.
i eagerly wait for each new installment.

your pictures are so vivid and fantastic!
you really capture the scenes so well.

you look so happy on your birthday.
i was hoping to catch a glimpse of that new birthday ring on your finger but didn't see it.

sounds like your first day back home was special.

Isn't relaxing one of the best parts of vacation. What a great birthday day. Yes, let's see those rings, well 2 rings ring.

Great pictures. We love a good steak too.

Thank you both.......It really was one of the best birthdays ever. And yep, very special in a lot of ways.

Here is the ring... I didn`t wear it much in Orlando as we were in the parks most days and didn`t want to scratch it so soon!!

Just caught up on your blog! I was JUST getting ready to say, "Hey! You didn't post a pic of the Tiffany ring!" when I scrolled down and saw it! Very cute! I've always wanted to go shopping at Tiffany's! Maybe one of these days it will happen!

I have a Suburban!! It's not as new or nice as your rental, but I do love her! Her name is Bessie! :drive: She needs some work (new tires, and a few other little things) but she gets me where I need to go and I'm quite attached to her.. even if she is a gas hog!

Happy Birthday!! I love your ring; the twisty effect is very pretty. I know exactly what you mean about strolling out in the Florida sunshine. Everything is so lush, it's like being in a greenhouse!! 2 of my favorite stores are Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works, plus Godiva. Now you've got me thinking about Christmas shopping!!

It's fun hearing about Club level. I agree, it would just be a nice place to relax, especially after a day at the parks. What a sweet surprise back at the room too.

My dream car is an SUV. Either the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, or Ford Explorer. My dh is obsessive about gas mileage, so I'll be driving the Camry indefinitely!! We've been married a long time, so you pick your battles, LOL!! Regardless, sounds like the Suburban was a good choice to haul all your birthday loot!!

Can't wait to hear about the parks, and your favorite rides!

What a great first full day.
Awesome birthday... love the ring.
I had to work on my b-day this year but Danielle brought me lunch with a cupcake... I like yours much better.

Keep those updates coming...it helps me get through the days till our next trip.

Just caught up on your blog! I was JUST getting ready to say, "Hey! You didn't post a pic of the Tiffany ring!" when I scrolled down and saw it! Very cute! I've always wanted to go shopping at Tiffany's! Maybe one of these days it will happen!

I have a Suburban!! It's not as new or nice as your rental, but I do love her! Her name is Bessie! :drive: She needs some work (new tires, and a few other little things) but she gets me where I need to go and I'm quite attached to her.. even if she is a gas hog!

Thanks......I love shopping at Tiffany.....it feels like a real treat. Definitely plan to get something from there!
I'm very jealous of your suburban ::yes:: I would love one!!

Happy Birthday!! I love your ring; the twisty effect is very pretty. I know exactly what you mean about strolling out in the Florida sunshine. Everything is so lush, it's like being in a greenhouse!! 2 of my favorite stores are Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works, plus Godiva. Now you've got me thinking about Christmas shopping!!

It's fun hearing about Club level. I agree, it would just be a nice place to relax, especially after a day at the parks. What a sweet surprise back at the room too.

My dream car is an SUV. Either the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, or Ford Explorer. My dh is obsessive about gas mileage, so I'll be driving the Camry indefinitely!! We've been married a long time, so you pick your battles, LOL!! Regardless, sounds like the Suburban was a good choice to haul all your birthday loot!!

Can't wait to hear about the parks, and your favorite rides!

Thanks....I love the ring.......wasn't sure at first but soon as I put it on I loved it.
I forgot about Godiva........I only discovered we liked their chocolate couple of years ago........very nice!!
Club level is good. We went in a couple of times to just sit and have a coffee when no one else was there, when we were doing laundry.....it was so quiet when they were not serving anything.
With the fuel thing.......you're DH would not like the uk fuel prices......we are so ripped off and love paying the US fuel prices, for us it's a real bargain. I remember one year telling someone what we pay for fuel and she didn't believe us :lmao:
We get to the parks soon :goodvibes

What a great first full day.
Awesome birthday... love the ring.
I had to work on my b-day this year but Danielle brought me lunch with a cupcake... I like yours much better.

Keep those updates coming...it helps me get through the days till our next trip.

Aww thanks Vicki..........I remember you saying Danielle did that for your birthday that was so nice though.

Going to try and do next day today or tomorrow.......glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

Great trip report so far and I can't wait to read the rest.
We stayed at Royal Pacific in June for 3 nights and loved it. Everyone was really nice there. I would love to be able to stay there longer next time.

I can't wait to relive our night at RusTeak. ;)

BTW...the NY Steamer has corned beef brisket, pastrami, melted provolone, mustard, mayo and Italian dressing. I love the Engine Company sub...get it every time.

I am really loving this Trip Report.. thank you for sharing :goodvibes

Thanks KG........nice to have you reading along.....:)

Great trip report so far and I can't wait to read the rest.
We stayed at Royal Pacific in June for 3 nights and loved it. Everyone was really nice there. I would love to be able to stay there longer next time.

Glad you are enjoying it..........Royal Pacific is beautiful isn't it:thumbsup2

I can't wait to relive our night at RusTeak. ;)

BTW...the NY Steamer has corned beef brisket, pastrami, melted provolone, mustard, mayo and Italian dressing. I love the Engine Company sub...get it every time.

Lol........Tom says thanks.....he couldn't remember either and it's his favourite too. Yep RusTeak coming up next :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, such a FUN report...am loving this...thank you! Please keep it coming!:cool1:

Thank you for the lovely comments.......hope you enjoy the rest of it, nice to have you join us for it :wave2:

Saturday 14th September

We all had such a good sleep last night and were awake quite early again. Our body clocks do take time to adjust, we don`t deliberately get up early at the beginning of our trip, it just happens. But we don`t mind as we really do want to make the most of every minute we are there. We take our time and chat about the previous day and have a think about what we might do today. The only thing we ever plan is when we meet our good friend Todd...Metro West on here. We first met at HHN in 2008, and from the next year onwards we have met up several times each visit. We all look forward to meeting up with him, he is so much fun and just about the nicest person you could meet....he`s funny too!! We do have fun together. So we were meeting Todd later that evening at a Restaurant called RusTeak, about a 20 minute drive away. It is the sister restaurant to Teak Neighborhood Grill where we had gone last year for a meal and it was lovely. Todd being local knew this place had opened so we decided to go there. But that was later on so we thought we might like a lazy morning.

After we all got showered we headed over to tower 3 and breakfast. The lounge was very quiet, I think we had missed most people that had maybe left for Early Entry to HP.

The lounge is really nice. We all love the fruit you get in there, so fresh and always being replenished. DH decided to have a doughnut, I had toast and ds had cereal......as usual. He is the definitive creature of habit!! Had some coffee and then decided we would have a morning at the pool. So went down and got changed to head down. The pool was relatively empty, it was nice and peaceful. We sat around near the hot tub area and we were practically on our own. We loaded ourselves with sun cream and settled down for a couple of hours of just chilling. I didn`t actually go in the pool this morning but the 2 of them did and at times were in it alone. It was lovely just enjoying the heat with a good book and just soaking up the environment we were in.....it was lovely.

All too soon we headed up to get changed and head out to the Outlet centre at the top of International Drive. We don`t spend a lot of time here, but since we had some free days before our park days began we thought it would pass an afternoon. Headed out to the car and my goodness it was really hot today........I can`t ever complain if I am too hot as I just love the heat....but wow I could feel the heat searing through sunscreen!! It only takes 5 minutes or so to get there.......with it being Saturday it was heaving!! We usually go here on a night when it`s cooler and definitely quieter. We decided to valet park and were glad we did....the car park was madness!!! So handed our car over and headed to the shops.

Just wandered around and Kyle said he fancied some ice cream........well ice cream for lunch is fine when we`re in the States......he got some chocolate ice cream from Haagen Daas while we headed towards the food court. We didn`t want much as we were eating quite early tonight with Todd so we each had a slice of pizza from Sbarro........I had never tried their pizza till I was in New York and it was lovely.......and very cheap!!! So we had that and a big drink.........we wandered around for a bit but we all decided it really was too hot so headed back to the hotel. When the valet guy brought the car back it was lovely to have it so cool getting in....worth getting today definitely!

So we all got showered and changed again.....and headed off to meet Todd. We weren`t sure of the road so we left a bit early in case we got lost......which has been known to happen before. But we needn`t have worried, it was a straight road....more or less! Todd arrived a few minutes after us...it was so nice to see him again :hug: So with greetings over we headed in to the place. It`s not huge but it was lovely and we got a table straight away. I think if you went later it would be much busier, it had a fun atmosphere.

I ordered a cherry lemonade and a cocktail....I can`t remember what it was but it was fruity and delicious.......Todd had coke Kyle had fresh orange and dh had cherry lemonade as well They also brought some water........yep nothing strange in that I hear you say......but it had cucumber in it!! Now......I wasn`t sure about it but it was lovely.......I think!!! Very unusual. Tom and Kyle were equally unsure.

So in between catching up with all our news and stories we managed to order dinner. Todd, Tom and I had salads with our meal

They were fresh and lovely. Todd had ordered the French Dip sandwich

DH ordered Ribs with mash....my goodness they were delicious.......I know that because I only got the tiniest of tastes :lmao:

Kyle had plain chicken and seasoned fries which were also gorgeous

I had crab cake dinner with seasoned fries and veg.....all were beautiful. The crab cakes look quite small but they were really quite large.

Tom and Kyle each had a chocolate dessert and Todd and I shared a strawberry cheesecake.......well....if I`m honest.....Todd took a couple of small bites and I ate the rest :rolleyes1

They were lovely and I struggled to finish it, but it was so nice!! We sat a bit longer and chatted then thought we had better free up the table as it was getting busy. So we stood in the car park for a bit and chatted some more before finally arranging to meet up on HHN then said our goodbyes before heading off........the way we came.....despite advice to go another route :rolleyes1 But we knew this way so that way it was!! I usually take a picture of Todd and I sat together and this year I forgot.....will make up for that next year :thumbsup2 We had such a lovely dinner with Todd, and we all look forward to seeing him on opening HHN.

Got back to hotel and after getting changed into swimming stuff headed down to pool again. Despite it being Saturday night it wasn`t too busy. Got our seats near hot tub again, I ordered a cocktail, Tom had a beer and Kyle just had water. We again had a lovely hour or so, the water was perfect and it was still so hot, just perfect for us as we didn`t need to worry about sunburn at night. We had been talking to one of the managers the previous day and described ourselves as moonbathers rather than sunbathers!!! We stayed in till they were clearing the pool and went up to our room, and again, we were all asleep straight away.

Tomorrow....hit the parks finally!!!

Great update Carole:thumbsup2

Sorry I missed meeting Todd this trip, he sounds like a fun guy.

All that food is making me hungry though...I think I'll go sample the pumpkin bars I made last night. As you can tell, the diet is out the window lately.:blush:

Wonderful that you had the pre-park time, huh? Hope it gave you the time to get used to the time change before you started with the parks. Hope even more that you're rested now and ready to write some more! :goodvibes

Great update Carole:thumbsup2

Sorry I missed meeting Todd this trip, he sounds like a fun guy.

All that food is making me hungry though...I think I'll go sample the pumpkin bars I made last night. As you can tell, the diet is out the window lately.:blush:

He really is Vicki.......hope I don't make him blush........maybe you'll get to meet him next time :goodvibes Glad you're enjoying the updates.

Wonderful that you had the pre-park time, huh? Hope it gave you the time to get used to the time change before you started with the parks. Hope even more that you're rested now and ready to write some more! :goodvibes

It was really nice to have a few park free days at the beginning, even though we never spend a full day in any park it can get tiring, so yes it was a gentle start for us this year :)

He really is Vicki.......hope I don't make him blush........maybe you'll get to meet him next time :goodvibes Glad you're enjoying the updates.
That strawberry cheesecake was certainly LUSH. In fact it was the LUSHIEST thing I've eaten in years! :rotfl:

I might have to go back out there again soon for the French Dip sandwich...those pictures made me hungry. ;)

That strawberry cheesecake was certainly LUSH. In fact it was the LUSHIEST thing I've eaten in years! :rotfl:

I might have to go back out there again soon for the French Dip sandwich...those pictures made me hungry. ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.....you make me laugh.....it was though wasn`t it :thumbsup2

I can actually hear you in my mind saying LUSH.......lol

yeah.......we were all wondering where are you going to come up with next year......you set the bar high this year with RusTeak..............:scratchin You have to keep up the high standard :goodvibes

So nice to be able to chill when on vacation.

Now those pictures of Rusteak, yep, going to go there when we arrive in 2 months. Even my kids will enjoy that kind of food.

I don't like the parking at the outlets either. I guess I never found anything that much cheaper than at home, and our state does not tax clothing, well most clothing. Being a Quaker based state, we tax bathing suits and other "nonessential" clothing items.

Follow on!

So nice to be able to chill when on vacation.

Now those pictures of Rusteak, yep, going to go there when we arrive in 2 months. Even my kids will enjoy that kind of food.

I don't like the parking at the outlets either. I guess I never found anything that much cheaper than at home, and our state does not tax clothing, well most clothing. Being a Quaker based state, we tax bathing suits and other "nonessential" clothing items.

Follow on!

Yep we take our time and do what we fancy when we fancy.......it`s lovely not to have a schedule.

I`ve gotten a few bargains at the outlets before.....Coach bags, a watch and few other bits but not a huge amount of shopping....you`ll enjoy RusTeak.........food is wonderful :thumbsup2

Sunday 15th September

Finally we were having a park day :cool1:

We woke really early this morning, despite planning to sleep late we were up showered and heading to Club Lounge for 8am. Again it wasn`t really very busy so we got a table at the window and got our breakfast. I was quite hungry this morning so had some of the lush cinnamon bun as well as a slice of toast. I did feel very full after it. We always passed a few moments each morning talking to the staff as they were so nice and do a good job of taking care of people. Headed back to the room and our sun cream ritual....it really only takes 5 minutes or so but we always feel it`s a task......I wish someone would invent a tablet you could take to avoid sunburn......I would buy it!!

We were still in T1 so we decide to walk this morning, it was such a beautiful day....again.......and the walk is so lovely. It`s so nice and shady and the plants are just beautiful to look at. We saw a couple of squirrels just sat watching us go by. It was going to be another hot one today......no complaints though.........we get our fanny packs checked just before Margaritaville and then we are heading towards the Studios.

It`s a fantastic feeling as you walk through the bustle of Citywalk again, everyone seems so full of joy.....well except the dad who is trying to convince a 5 year old boy he needs to walk.....not a pretty sight!!!! We get to the gates and see it`s not that busy looking. Get through and head straight into the shop to walk through. Tom is looking for a waist pack as the one he had last year has seen better days. We somehow miss them, we`ll keep searching though, and head through to go on Despicable Me.

We love this little ride, it has become a firm family favourite since it opened. Kyle wanted to do this first as it`s a simulator and he is worried about his back. He had back surgery last August and is naturally a bit concerned, even though he has been reassured it will be fine.......I would be the same, still a bit worried just in case. So there is a bit of a queue in the regular queue but it`s a walk on with EP........the amount of times we thank our lucky stars we have this is amazing. So we enjoy the usual preshow.....then on to the seats for the ride.........I watch Kyle all the time to see if he is doing ok, not that I can really do anything if he isn`t but,......anyway he is fine....absolutely no pain or anything......we are all relieved. I can enjoy it more next time. I see a purple minion on the way out........I have to get me one of those :thumbsup2

We head over for our first real view of Transformers........That is one big building.......I`ve seen photographs but it does look big

Now I am not in any way shape or form a fan of TF........never seen the movies or really know the characters....couldn`t tell you who was a goody and who was a baddie.....but I don`t need to know a story to enjoy a ride so I`m looking forward to this. We head in on Express queue, we got into the front row of the vehicle........moved off.........and we stopped!!! Sat for a few minutes and then they took us off......technical difficulty.......oh well. I don`t really get bothered when this happens as we know we can come back, but one man decided he was going to rather loudly complain to a TM.....they handled it so well considering he was almost too angry........it`s only a ride after all. I smiled at the TM...what could she do except apologise to him. Sometimes they have such a difficult job.

We decided to go the The Mummy via the store beside Disaster........park looked so quiet

last year we were on the back row a few times for more airtime, but a couple of times we landed with a real thud so we wanted to avoid that......we were going to ask to wait for the front or second row. We needn`t have worried, there was nobody there.....just a few people from the normal queue, we got on the front row and off we went. We love this ride.......the themeing and storyline are fantastic..........we do remember to brace ourselves as it does stop quite suddenly at bits. It seems so fast this time........we wave to the cameras and before we know where we are we are off and Kyle`s face tells me his back is fine. Head straight back around and on again........we could do this all day if I`m honest until I start to feel my head go funny. I have vertigo but doc gives me tablets to take while I`m here.......if I need them. I only needed to take one most mornings this year and that worked ok. I just can`t do spinny rides like teacups...but that`s ok.

Park looked a little busier now....we headed to Shrek which again we love, it`s so cool when you go into the Dungeon........so we pile in and I swear we know this word for word by now.....but we still love it......move in to the theatre and why oh why can`t people follow simple instructions........move along to the end of the row!!! It`s so simple......the guy who was telling people to move along was wonderful, trying to make a joke of it but you could hear him getting a bit bemused at a lot of people who just sit in the middle.......some people started climbing over those that had sat down......I wouldn`t and said to one guy I would hate to fall on him climbing over him.....lol.......he moved along :lmao: We enjoyed the show as usual. I love to hear people who are seeing it for the first time.........especially the spiders....lol......I close my eyes at that bit.......I don`t like spiders :blush:

We never got our picture with Shrek and Donkey this year, as we have one from every year......and the queue was huge!!! So we go and buy some water each and head around to MIB. The heat was really building by now so we all drank a bottle each....don`t want to get dehydrated.

We see some HHN props on the way

And see our first real glimpse of HP2 building work sine last year, when there wasn`t much to see at all

It is going to be amazing when it`s finished......I think the themeing is going to be of such a high standard again.

We get to MIB......this is one ride I go on......but don`t love it. It`s just shooting and I get bored, but both of them love it. EP is a total walk on.....we probably didn`t need to use it but why not. I love walking into the corridor here too as it is so cold.......just what we need to cool us down.......Kyle asks if I will sit on the middle seat.......they can shoot better apparently........what do I know........so I sit in the middle and attempt to look as if I am enjoying it........the picture at the end says different :confused3 We win.......they go on again and I go and sit outside till they come out. This is where I get to talk to people I don`t know. I really will talk to anyone and for the most part people are always keen to talk to strangers too. I spoke to a man from Colorado here today.......he hates rides but his family love them.....so he holds the bags....lol.

After they come out....finally.....we head to see the new Simpsons area.......I am not a Simpsons fan really........and I don`t do the ride as I was really really ill a few years ago when I came off. I felt so sick and dizzy I was just awful.......the TM who helped me thought I was going to need an ambulance I was so green.....lol........Tom and Kyle had no idea and had wandered off ahead of me.....then wondered where I was and came back to see me laid out along the floor........soooooo.......I don`t go on the Simpsons ride now ever!! The area has been done really well though, I liked it....very colourful and we did want to try the food there. First they went on the ride and I sat outside Moe`s tavern and waited for them.

Moe`s and the food court is really nice

We chose our food and we were taken to a booth

Kyle had chosen chicken thumbs which he did enjoy, Tom had picked the hot dog with curly fries and I had opted for the Krusty Burger...no cheese.....is that even real cheese they were putting on it? Well I took one bite of mine and it was just awful......it was like a piece of leather and so dry.

Tom took the burger back up they offered to exchange it but he said they all looked dry......so he came back with a hotdog for me too. It was ok but we weren`t thrilled with the food so far.

More to come of today :)

that burger looks over cooked.
the times i went to that food court, it was packed.
the wait to order was about 15 minutes for me.
i did the hot dog and added extra onions and tomatoes.

it looks empty when you were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter