20031117--Illuminations Cruise (hopefully) or else B&C - November 17--INDEXED

I'm for the cruise idea!$10 per head plus tip is a lot more attractive! Meeting informally at Beaches & Cream is also a great idea.

I'm up for the cruise idea also. And a meeting at Beaches and Cream informally sounds like a great idea. Mom and I were also thinking about the possiblity of just get some PS's for Rose and Crown Patio on that day and all meet there but we really like the cruise idea. Count us as 2 no matter what the idea- we are so looking forward to meeting you all.

Anyone else interested? We can have up to 24 people if we can get two boats!!!! And I am fairly certain we could get them to be parked side by side. There are only 4 boats so someone might have to reserve 2. If this is the real plan we need to get a game plan in the works...It appears as though there is certainly enough interest. And I love the Kitchen Sink Party Idea!!!!And it is sooooo close to the boat dock as well!!! Let me know...suggestions are appreciated!!!
Liz

I've already replied to zulaya that we would like to be included in the cruise if the Dessert Party fails to materialize. The only thing I ask is that y'all don't plan a get together during the day on Monday the 17th of November. DW and I are going to be off visiting relatives during the day and we won't be back until 5 PM. We'd hate it if we missed out on meeting any of you.

Okay, here's what I have so far. The following people/parties are interested in the Illuminations Cruise option:

zulaya - 4 people
lizdotcom99 - 2 people
barbeml - 6 people (is this right, or are we back to 2?)
KDawnLily - 2 people
fixintodie - 2 people

So if barbeml still has all 6 of her group going, that's 16 people. We would need 2 boats to make it a go. Here's what I have for cost breakdown:

$120 per boat plus 6.5% tax. So for 2 boats, the total with tax is $255.60. So if we have 16 people, that would be $15.98 per person. Then we could leave a tip for the captain of ecah boat up to each group.

How are we all feeling about this option?

I'm feeling great about this option.
We are definitely in for this.
Thanks zulaya and lizdotcom. You guys are doing a great job with this.
mmmm Kitchen sink and close to the Boats???? you may have a couple more takers for that too!

Okay, so if we go ahead with this, who can call next Tuesday? Liz can't. I can. Can anyone else? The more that call, the better the chance at getting the 2 boats we need. I think you need a credit card to reserve, but they don't charge you until you have taken the cruise.

So can anyone else call next Tuesday?

Our group of six is in for the cruise. How many does each boat take? Maybe we can interest more people in joining us.

Barbe - each boat can take 10-12. I think if we can get 2 boats we can post on the November cruise link on the Theme parks board and see if anyone else wants to join us, or we can leave it at our group.

I'll try to get us that 2nd boat for the cruise. I called today (begging and pleading didn't work but I thought I would try) and spoke to a great CM who gave me a couple of tips-the same tips that we have all read here on the DIS. 6:55am start calling on August 19 Just say - I would like to book an 8pm speciality cruise on Monday Nov 17 please.

I'm practising dialing already.. 14079397529..press 5 14079397529..press 5 ...14079397529...press 5..I'll probably be repeating this number in my sleep...
A little pixie Dust for us all to get this Cruise.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Kdawnlily - did you happen to ask if you could book 2 boats at once? Or is it one per caller?

I didn't ask that. But wait...I just called and YES .. We can book 2 boats... so.. If one of us gets them and the other doesn't... woohoo... and if we both get them... We can cancel one of our reservations or Post it on the Illuminations Cruise Central Immediately!

I'll be on the phone and On Line on Tuesday and I will post as soon as I get the boat or if I am unable .. Wait a second.. We will get the boats... we will get the boats.. almost had a negative thought there.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I too will be online and on the phone Tuesday...thinking happy thoughts...we will get 2 boats!

with excitement!!! I don't handle "waiting" to well and patience is definately NOT one of my virtues!!!! Thanks you everybody for pitching in and helping out!!! I think the cruise thing is a great and cheaper alternative. And who wouldn't like Beaches and Cream for dessert????? Once you guys get the boats, we can post on the November cruise board and scratch this thread...or at least start a new one????? I am sending lots of PD and thanks to everybody!! Can't wait to meet you all!!!!!! By the way, what is the date for this again....believe it or not I am trying to get my PS's all in a row so I can call!!!!!
Liz

OK looks like the plan has changed. The $90.00 is for the cast member that helps with the party. They are the guard that keeps other people out of the area and it is in the total cost. Children under 3 are free. Let me know if you want me to keep this or to cancel it.

In talking with everyone else, we are more interested in attempting to get an Illuminations Cruise for November 17th instead. So please cancel the contract you have.

KDawnLily and I are going to be calling on Tuesday, August 18 to see if we can get 2 total pontoon boats for November 17th.

We will both post here that AM and let everyone know what the results were.

Thanks to everyone for keeping with it through this process. I hope August 18 sees some finality in our plans!

Sending lots of PD your way!!!!! Can't wait to see a post saying you got the boats!!!!!!! I will be looking first thing!!!
Liz

I was on hold for 5 minutes and I even called at 6:58.30 just like I do for Cindy's. All the boats for Epcot were already gone!:(

Here's hoping KDawnLily or my Dh has better luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter