20031117--Illuminations Cruise (hopefully) or else B&C - November 17--INDEXED

DH just called! I swear, he has the magic fingers. Not only did he get us Cindy's yesterday, but he actually got us 1 boat! Does he rock or what? It only fits 12 so if we can't get another boat, we can cancel and try the B&C.

KDawnLily, any luck?

> Does he rock or what?

I thought Tarzan Rocked. :jester:

BTW, the CM says that I'm supposed to tell my DW that "I did a good job." She was cool.

Yeah, that lightsaber is my DH. No living with him now with his successes yesterday and today.:rolleyes:

I guess KDawnlily didn't make it through as she hasn't posted.

I put in a post on the Illuminations Cruise Central - November thread on the Theme Parks board. Hopefully there's someone who will be looking to share for November 17 that we can work with.

If not, I'll keep trying to call off and on. Cancellations happen so we might win out in the end.

Any comments?

Good job lightsaber/zulaya clan. Will you be running a lottery to fill up the boat or are bribes in order? I'll offer an "all you can eat Beaver Tail" extravaganza at the Canadian pavillion as an opening bid!

I HAD NO POWER! WAAAH!

Can you believe this? I wake up this morning.. and there was no power! It just came on now.

I had no way to post. I called this morning(ugh cell phone bill will be huge this month) and they were sold out.
We can keep trying for cancellations...
Well- Beaches and cream anyone?
I apologise I wasn't able to get a boat- but I have not given up. I will keep everyone posted...

Zulaya- Your DH Rocks..congratulations on the Cindy's PS too!

Bob - ha ha ha! Seriously...I think we should keep trying for a cancellation. That should be a relatively slow week, right after Food &* Wine and before Thanksgiving. I think we might have a chance at it.

And like I said, I already posted on the Illuminations thread that we were looking for another boat.

Since we have up till 48 hours before to cancel, I think we'll sit tight and see what happens.

KDawnlily - bummer about your power! Thanks for trying though!

I think if anyone wants to call WDW PLAY off and on for the next 3 months, feel free and if anyone snags a boat, just post here.

I think worst case, we just meet for eats at B&C or somewhere else in Epcot. But I really think we have a chance at getting another boat.

Greg and I have already been on an Iluminations cruise and would give up spots on the boat.....but we would definately want to meet everybody at Beaches and Cream......besides we could stand on the bridge and heckle you guys from above.....but if you find yourselves with another boat, then count us in for that as well. I can't believe we are less than 90 days out!!!
I will also see if I can snag a cancellation as well.
Liz
:)

Thanks to everyone for making this happen. We hope that everyone can get on a boat! No matter what, Beaches & Cream will be great.

But I will keep trying. I too posted on the November Illuminations Crusie thread to see if anyone was cancelling if they would let us know so that we could get the ressie. Just keep your fingers crossed. I will be trying everyday!!!!!
Liz

and will continue to call everyday to see if there are any cancellations for a cruise. So far, not a lot to say except I really believe that we can get another boat!!!! But I do promise to call everyday in hopes of getting a cancellation!!!! Keep your fingers crossed and that PD flowing!!!!!!

Liz

Hello everyone..
I am KDawnLily's Mom.. obviously :)

I just wanted to let you know that Kim (Kdawnlily) is trying everyday to snag an Illuminations Cruise also. She is having problems logging into the Dis and she wanted to let you all know that she hasn't given up yet. She will probably post using my User name too..... Don't know what happened to her name.. it just won't log in anymore.. She said something about the tech board so that is where I am headed. We look forward to meeting you all, whether it be at Beaches and Cream or at the Cruise (I am the 2nd in her group of 2 looking forward to meeting you all).
We will post when we get that cruise- She is confident that if she calls enough and learns all of the CM's names at WDW PLAY that she will have a cruise for us to share.

She was awfully dissappointed when she wasn't able to get through- on top of her 'no power situation'.

Thanks lizdotcom99 for trying also, I'm sure that one of you two will get that cruise.

It is gonna definately take a group effort....maybe we should coordinate calling times...morning and afternoons so we aren't calling at the same time!!! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and pixie dust!!!!!

Liz

I have been calling daily as well. I have kind of been varying my times so I am not calling at the same hour every day.

Hopefully, we can snag that second boat!

Somebody is bound to get a second boat!!!!!
:)

Good luck to everyone trying to call!!!!!
Liz and Greg

Okay, can we all post when we arrive in WDW? I believe the cancellation policy on these cruises is 24 or 48 hours. If it gets to that point and this is the only time we are able to snag a cruise we will have to somehow get a hold of everyone at their resorts.

Can you post when you arrive and where you are staying? If we get closer to the time we can get first and last names and such if we need to.

I arrive on November 15 and am staying at the Beach Club Villas

Nov 15
BWV!!!!!!

Liz and Greg

P.S. I called several times today and was encouraged to call again!!!!

Hi Everybody,
I was just thinking it is time to get rid of this thread and start fresh...especially since this is no longer an Illuminations Dessert Party! Now we do infact have a dilema we need to deal with...the second boat..argh...So with that in mind and me being an obssesive planner here are my thoughts. We definately have decided to do the Beaches and Cream thing right????Should we post a thread jsut for that event as I am fairly certain we would get more people interested in that if it were just a meet. My thoughts were 6 pm on the 17th. That gives us time to meet and enjoy eachothers company and then for some... the cruise. What do you think about that? Also we are going to want to get a head count and see if we can let B&C know what is headed there direction and if they may be able to help us with seating!!!
Now about the cruise....I am every bit as optimistic as I can be but....I think we need to have a backup plan in case we do not secure the other boat as we are 4 people over the limit. Greg and I will forego the cruise if we can not get another boat, but that still leaves 2 people too many for the cruise. I would hate to cancel the cruise entirely because of this but we need to think of a way to make this fair. Any suggestions, or would anybody care to join Greg and I on the bridge just over the boat to heckle:p? We might thinkabout starting a seperate thread for the cruise as well. Please let me know what you all are thinking....I am still calling daily to try to get that boat and will continue to do so. Also it is a great idea to make sure we know where everyone is going to be especially for those last minute "issues". It might not be a bad idea to start a name/phone tree with names, resort staying at and possibly a phone number (cell) if you live with yours like I do. That way if there is a last minute cancelation we can do what we need to do to get a hold of anyone. Again, this is all in my little mind...please feel free to chime in if I have overstepped or am overthinking this whole thing.
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter