20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: HELLOOOOO??????

Anybody out there???

I know....it was supposed to be a surprise....you are all on your way to WDW for one giant DIS Meet!

I wish!

Stacey, what a darling DH you have. How in the world could he make you work a day before you are getting on a plane and going to see ::MickeyMo , ::MinnieMo , :firefight , princess: and Diana?!? (Sorry Diana, I don't know if you have a symbol or not.) Does he really think getting the money to come in is going to make you have a better time?!? Oh well, I guess it does pay the bills.
I have been out finalizing plans with the realtor and landscaper tonight. The realtor is supposed to do all of our paperwork while we are away and then list the house after we get back. The landscaper can just do his thing. I will be getting so many phone calls while we are away. Good thing one of our very good friends will be handling a lot of our stuff while we are away. He's been given free-reign to make decisions for us and let people in the house to do what needs to be done, along with a couple of jobs for himself.
I'm going to need another vacation come Oct. or Nov., so you never know I may end up at the 'world' for a couple of days.

Oh packing.....I still have to pack. At least DD is done and DH has most of his stuff picked out. I have nothing done yet. I do have a list of the important things that need to be taken - I guess I should put clothes on there.
::MickeyMo and ::MinnieMo we will be there very soon!!!

:smooth: Yes, please, jilljill...pack some clothes!

Well....(she says to no one there).....I guess it's time for bed.

Hope everyone's day went fairly well!

GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING HOLIDAY CRUISERS!!!

Good night!

Stacey

It's going to get very quiet in here. I think we're going to have to rely on the guys to keep us from the cellar, for a change.

DH says "I hope you like rain". The tropical storm maps are pretty busy, so pack those ponchos! Really early this year, they are. A tropical depression is supposed to approach the Bahamas on Friday, about the time the Wonder is scheduled to arrive. Guess Jim might not be diving with sharks after all!

Those of you staying home might be the smart ones, after all. Nah, we'll still have fun! It's WDW!

Diana, I would rather be at Disney in the rain than home in the rain :umbrella: . The weather forcast was looking very grim for the next week for the whole east coast, so I'm doomed wherever I am for the next few days.

I better pack clothes, have no room to buy more this trip. Also, I can't buy any art, I can't buy any art. I must remind myself of this constantly. But I can buy jewelry - it's small enough to pack up ::yes:: .

Originally posted by Dancind
DH says "I hope you like rain". The tropical storm maps are pretty busy, so pack those ponchos! Really early this year, they are. A tropical depression is supposed to approach the Bahamas on Friday, about the time the Wonder is scheduled to arrive. Guess Jim might not be diving with sharks after all!

I just looked at the weather map and it shows 90% chance of rain on Friday in Nassau. We might get a little wet so I hope the sharks don't mind the rain. Actually, I will have to find out about the LDS and what they do in poor weather. I don't want to drag the gear across the island for nothing when I could be sitting
in the RainForest.

Taking DS to Wide World of Sports today to see the Tampa Bay
Bucs in Spring Training. That of course means lunch at AllStars.

What better way to get ready for our sixth DC than a short day trip to WDW.

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Wednesday!

Stacey I could do your good morning but I see two problems with that:

1) I'm an "early to bed person" so I'd be posting it before any of the normal west coast cruisers may sign on for the night.

2) Wouldn't I be being redundant with my Good Morning in the morning again.

:confused:

If no one else wants to volunteer I'll try and take it on even if it means talking to myself. :D

OK here'is my story of adventure - nothing like Stacey's or Gail's and I'll come out looking like a bad daughter but we had many laughs about it after.

On my very first cruise some 20+ years ago I went with my mom, and her goddaughter (a few years younger than me). One of our tablemates was a Catholic Priest from Chicago. We became very good friends with him and continue that friendship to this day.

One of our stops was St. Thomas and we took a tour over to St. John. Our boat over was a double decker and we were on the top deck. When we landed at St. John a few people started going down a ladder on the side of the boat, Fr. Mike told us to do the same. So I go down, he goes down, Bernadette starts going down as does my mother. By the time they started Fr. Mike and I were off the boat and walking to the bus when two people run up to the ladder and start yelling at my mother (she's the only one on the ladder at this point). Now we should have gone back and helped, but we were laughing too hard. She smiled sweetly and they told her not to do that again. When she got to the bus she gave me a swipe to the head and said to Fr. Mike "thanks for the help". I told her I wanted to get to the bus to save her a seat and he told her he was praying for her.

Like I said for years after we got a big laugh out of that and a couiple of years later when we took the same tour the first thing she said was - "we're sitting on the lower deck!"

As I said that priest has become a very good friend. He is also a clinical psychologist . When I was going through my chemo treatments he put me under hypnosis and gave me a tape for self hypnosis to get through the treatments. He also was the priest that married Mark and I.

I guess this story is one of the reasons we don't go to St. John. I can't imagine it being any better than that wonderful day we spent there.

Only 51 more posts to 8000! Good luck Lisa! Don't let a pirate: get you!

Originally posted by justmestace
Only two more sleeps!

Only two more sleeps until we get our puppy! We found out late last night it's "red collar" puppy in all of the pictures! :)

Here's that picture again so you can find "Maggie" :)

DSC00065.JPG

Hey Divers!

Have you checked out tinksdad's site?

diverheader.png

If you haven't yet check it out now! Great site.

I've added a link on the main page of our cruise site and also added a blurb in the August newsletter (and I'll put it in the next couple as well).

Here's a link: DIS DIVERS

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Hey Divers!

Have you checked out tinksdad's site?

diverheader.png

If you haven't yet check it out now! Great site.

I've added a link on the main page of our cruise site and also added a blurb in the August newsletter (and I'll put it in the next couple as well).

Here's a link: DIS DIVERS
Thanks for the mention and the link. The site is all about information I've collected. Some of the dive operators I've used, some I have not.
I plan on rewriting the operators and confirming rates and conditions via previous emails in about a month or so.

To all you WDW travelers: Have fun and don't forget your water sandals. It will be blast!! I'm actually feeling a little left out since DW and DD will be going (again) without me.:crazy2:
wah!

Morning all. Mary and I will make sure we don't drop too far into the cellar for the morning hours. And Paul & Doc will take care of the evening posts! Should work out great. I'll have to look at the post numbers when I finish here, to see when the big 8000 will come.

Minnie, those puppies are adorable! When I was pregnant with DD we mated our chocolate lab with a black down the street. If I remember right, there were 8 puppies, all black, and they looked just like the picture you posted. One girl, the rest boys. We gave our pick of the litter to a friend of ours. They named the dog Hickory, and boy did he grow up big! Our lab was about 70 pounds, and the mother was about 60. The last time I saw Hickory, he was 95 pounds of solid muscle! Since DD's 12, that means that Hickory may not be around anymore. Since we've moved out to MD, we've mostly lost touch with that family.

I talked to MIL last night. She said FIL had a better day. They had lunch with the church group, and took the donated bread to their local food pantry (they do this every week), so getting him out and about seemed to help some. Thanks for the prayers.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Originally posted by scuba diver
I just looked at the weather map and it shows 90% chance of rain on Friday in Nassau. We might get a little wet so I hope the sharks don't mind the rain. Actually, I will have to find out about the LDS and what they do in poor weather. I don't want to drag the gear across the island for nothing when I could be sitting
in the RainForest.
It does look like it may be wetter than you'd like. Most of the dive ops will dive whether it's raining or not. Alex is moving East-North-East Now I'd be more concerned about the swells:yo-yo: :bounce:

The weather does appear to be

improving now and that is a good thing.

Have fun, watch out for the shark stomachs...:eek:

Morning all. We've been getting those terrible summer storms every afternoon/evening, but nothing like Alex. Hope everyone back east is okay!

Well, I have got to get work done today. Have a great one everyone!

Linda

Well, we've officially started back to school. The weather is cooling down here so we're not going to be swimming as much. Might as well get a jump start on the kids' lessons so we can have more time to play later in the year. Kids actually seem pretty good about it considering :) Bought two school desks from my neighbor's garage sale so they are excited to be using "real" desks! :)

Originally posted by WDWLVR
:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Wednesday!

Stacey I could do your good morning but I see two problems with that:

1) I'm an "early to bed person" so I'd be posting it before any of the normal west coast cruisers may sign on for the night.

2) Wouldn't I be being redundant with my Good Morning in the morning again.

:confused:

If no one else wants to volunteer I'll try and take it on even if it means talking to myself. :D

LOL....we LIKE redundant!!! By the time we hit November, all of our conversations are going to be redundant. ;)

I was looking at the weather maps, it said Saturday and Sunday were supposed to be nice in WDW. No rain. Of course, we know that changes by the minute.
The bad news is that they have thunderstorms predicted for us on Thursday. Why does it always have to rain when I am flying out? Not too worried, when we get rain, it doesn't start until the afternoon, and we leave at 8:50 a.m.

I hadn't thought about wearing my water sandals! They are comfortable enough to wear all day.....duh.....instead, I packed an extra pair of tennies. Hmmm....maybe I'll take out my flip-flops and put IN the water sandals. Thanks, Tinksdad!

Minnie....an exciting day for you tomorrow too. How fun. Give Maggie an extra cuddle from us!

Linda...you've had some excitement in your city lately. Unbelievable . And so sad.

Guess I'd best start working on those invoices. The sooner, the better, I may get them done early enough to have some time to myself this afternoon.

TTYL,
Stacey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter