20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by justmestace
Minnie....an exciting day for you tomorrow too. How fun. Give Maggie an extra cuddle from us!

Oh, how I WISH it was tomorrow. Actually it's Friday (our "two more sleeps" probably were skewed b/c of the time difference between us)

I've been informed by my overly dramatic 10 yr old dd that there is "NO way in the WORLD she'll be able to even MAKE it until Friday EVENING!!!" (insert arm waving and chest clutching here) :rolleyes:

Heading to the Ohio State Fair. It's a last minute decision that we're making b/c come two days from now we will be "trapped" at home. This may be our one last hurrah for awhile.
I'll try not to eat too much fair food (lemonade shake up, corn, french waffle, deep fried twinkie....)

Sounds like WDW food! My resolution exactly, and I told DD it is hers too. One treat per day, and maybe one dessert to share after dinner if we aren't too full. She kind of thinks Mickey Bars are good three times a day!

:Pinkbounc Finally! All done, and nothing to do now but wait. I just know I won't sleep tonight. But I guess that would be okay, I would just as soon sleep on the plane.

Minnie...have fun at the Fair!! Have some cotton candy for me!

I am going to try (TRY) really hard to not turn on the computer in the morning. Megan and I have to be on the road, headed for the airport by 7 am....and if I turn on the computer, I'll want to chat.

I can't tell you how much I am dreading that 4 hour flight. But it's a practice run for the cruise. I'm hoping to find out just exactly how well I will do, and what I need to do to keep myself either busy, or asleep. I did use my America West points to upgrade us to First Class, and there are still 7 seats left in First for the return (not enough points to do it both ways).....so we'll have more room, and food anyway. If there are still seats available when we come home on Monday, I'll upgrade us then too. Right now AmWest wants $1000 per person for that ONE flight! If I wait, I can use their special upgrade program, and do it for $100.
Just wish I would have the points to do it in December, too. But at least I will have had this "practice" flight. We usually have a stop in Dallas...the half-way mark. Gives us a chance to go outside, breathe some fresh air and stretch. Even Jay prefers to stop. But going non-stop obviously gets us there sooner!

Anyway....back after dinner. NO...not cooking. I have been doing that (funny, I don't hear any clapping!)....and am starting my vacation early!

TTFN,
Stacey

princess: pirate: T.O.P.!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that.

Mary, I had been gaining on you in post numbers, but you'll pull way back ahead while I'm gone!!!::yes::

Have I nice trip and be sure to say "hi" to Mickey for me! In you honor this will be my last post until you get back.

Paul

Originally posted by paulcrsb
Have I nice trip and be sure to say "hi" to Mickey for me! In you honor this will be my last post until you get back.

Paul

Why? Where are you going? Are you coming to WDW too???
:bounce: :bounce:

Is it a surprise?????:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Stacey:hyper:

Stacey - Have a great trip - enjoy your time with Mickey.... Say Hi to all of the others for me....

OM - Have a great time at the fair.....

Working nights - hopefully I'll be back on when I get to work....

Virgil
pirate:

Stacey - I wish I could go.

I'm only kidding about the posting thing. Someone has to chat with Virgil at night!

Paul

I was out most of the day running errands. Trying to tie up all the loose ends. Still haven't packed, hey, we have two more days to do that! Still haven't finished pins. That might get tight.

The skies opened up here today, it looked like FL. We rarely have rain like that here. After 10 minutes of it, there were flash flood warnings on the radio. It lasted about 1/2 hour, made a BIG mess, sirens everywhere. We aren't really used to rain here.

First class is so worth it for a four hour flight! I bet America West has movies too. We used to fly AW when we were heading to the West Coast for dance conventions, etc. Got a free flight to Hawaii once. Now we only go east, so SW it is. Our non-stop is 3 1/2 hours, those movies really help.

Am I all packed and ready to leave the house at 6:50am?!?.....NOOOO!!! I really need to do that tonight. Will be too bleary-eyed to do that in the morning. Oops, I just remembered a couple of bills that need to be paid before we leave, must remember to do that.

See you tomorrow Stacey. Make sure those credit cards are ready!!!
Vicki, are you ready to see ::MickeyMo tomorrow night?!?
Diana, have a good flight Sat., see you at the 'pub'.

We just finished packing for our 3 day Wonder. I can't even think about what it will be like for the 10 cruise!. I have a much greater respect for everyone who is going to fly here. We just load up the car and leave for the port around 9 am. What a chore it would be to haul all this stuff through the airport. Maybe DW is just taking advantage of the situation and packing it all. I know I do when it comes to the scuba gear!

Good day tomorrow, travellers! We will see you all soon, some sooner than others! I'll help hold down the fort until Saturday.

Sniff.... I feel almost all alone....

Everybody is going to see Mickey........

Virgil
pirate:

Originally posted by WVMD
Sniff.... I feel almost all alone....

Everybody is going to see Mickey........

Virgil
pirate:
We will think of you and talk about you if that you makes you feel better. I have a feeling that we are going to see a different side of gaRry, since this time he should be free of back pain :earseek: .

Virgil - I feel sad too. We'll just have to pretend to have a good time while everyone is gone!

Paul

Originally posted by paulcrsb
Virgil - I feel sad too. We'll just have to pretend to have a good time while everyone is gone!

Paul
Paul, see above post to pirate: , we will talk about you too. I'm sure Stacey has stories she can share about you. Oh wait I forgot, what happen in Vegas stays in Vegas :teeth: .

My suitcase is in the car. I have a 5 am wake-up call. That in itself is amazing for me.

Thanks to Tinksdad, I took out my flip-flops and replaced them with my water shoes.

I had asked Megan a few days ago if she had everything she needed. She looked at me like I was stupid and said "I have been packing my own stuff for years. I think I can handle it".
She called me about a half hour ago. She doesn't have any socks. She wanted to know if there was a WalMart at WDW to buy some. (Laughter coming from Mom) I told her there's no WalMart, and I'm not about to pay a fortune for socks at WDW.
So now I have to go out to the car, open my bag, and put in 5 prs of socks for "Miss I Have It Under Control"! Lucky for her I just bought a bunch of socks that I don't like.

I don't want to walk back out to the car. When I went out there to put my bag in, I stepped in stinky toad poop. Who thought toads pooped???

Ah well.....out I go. Back in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter