20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by scuba diver
Hey Scuba Mom, I got the confirmation from Costa Rica. Matt and I will be in the rain forest on Thanksgiving, but we will be home to cook the turkey on Sunday.

Communicating on the thread is easier than calling home, huh? I've done that before with ohiomickey. Unfortunately, he doesn't check in here enough to get the messages! :( The Scubas found out, he's the quiet one in the family, right?

His hand comes to rest on a large bottle of Robitussin .
Desperate, he throws the Robitussin as hard as he can at the
apparition, and...

Originally posted by dobelover
Robitussin as hard as he can at the
apparition, and...

Ugh! He has ROBITUSSIN in his house? That stuff is nasty!!!

Waiting for the ending. I've gotta take the dog for a walk but can't pull myself away from the boards......

Originally posted by ohiominnie
The Scubas found out, he's the quiet one in the family, right?

Yes, he is. DW wishes I would take some lessons from him.

Originally posted by scuba diver
Yes, he is. DW wishes I would take some lessons from him.

:laughing: :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl: Too funny! We really enjoyed meeting you guys. Well, *I* did. Dh hasn't talked since. JK! ;)

I think part of the difference is he talks to people all day. Other docs, nurses, preppers, patients, families, social workers, etc etc. Whereas I talk to the kids, the dog and myself. So I'm always up for chatting away and making new friends. He has his few close friends and struggles to make time for those few. He doesn't want to spread himself too thin. But, I'll assure you, he did say you guys seemed like nice ppl and that your kids were very well behaved and mature. :)

Two drums and a cymbal fell off a roof....

ba-dum-ch

:goodvibes

On THAT note. Off to walk the dog (who has mysteriously sprouted a rash on her belly today--could she be allergic to the pumpkin goo that she snuck from the trash yesterday????)

Originally posted by dobelover
the coffin stops.

:earseek:

The sad part is, it took me a full 30 seconds to get it.

I need a vacation.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARY AND MARK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dee47
I need a vacation.

Me too. Maybe I should call the kennel and see if they have room for Maggie!!! :earseek:

Actually, her *bad* times seem to be less often. She still is attempting to be alpha, but those outbursts are fewer and farther between. She's much more cuddly since she's been home. We did have 3 showdowns on our 2 mile walk this afternoon. Took me knocking her on her side and having a stare down with her. Puppy adolescence.....what an experience!

Advanced training starts on Saturday. We'll see how that goes.

tacos, cheeseburgers or bratwurst.....

which should I make for dinner?
(ok, so we don't eat as well as the scubas!)

OM, do you regularly flip her on her back and (GENTLY) sit on her? It works wonders!

I gave up trying to catch up on the pages I missed while in St. Louis. I did see GaRry got kicked in the face by a horse -- Don't do that, GaRry! It upsets the horse...

Seriously, I hope you're feeling better!

Did I miss any important cruise-related news or can I read at my leisure???

And, the writer in me wants to know if Mary even peeked at my stories...Is it OK to ask???

Originally posted by ohiominnie
tacos, cheeseburgers or bratwurst.....

which should I make for dinner?
(ok, so we don't eat as well as the scubas!)

Tacos. And send some my way! We eat worse...

cool, I got post 13031....

the same forwards as backwards!!

It's the little things.....

OM, do you regularly flip her on her back and (GENTLY) sit on her? It works wonders!

It's more of a knock her on her side and hold her down with our hands. I'm guessing when you said "sit" that's what you meant....you didn't actually mean SIT, did you? :confused: She was alpha pup in her litter. When we went to pick her up she had commandeered a patio chair and was sitting on it, nipping at all of her siblings that tried to get close to "HER" chair. It's been a struggle, for sure, but I am seeing glimmers of hope that we're winning.

The trainer asks all these questions about her expecting to be able to tell me "well, THAT'S your problem" but I always answer "no" so even she is stumped. (questions like "do you let her sit on the furniture?" and "do you feed her scraps from the table?") I think it's just her inherant trait to be like this. Actually, Maggie is VERY VERY much like KT, so I'm preparing for KT adolescence this way (ready to take KT down on her side and "sit" on her!!!)

Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...

Compared with Gasoline

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ........ $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ...... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 . $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 . $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ..... $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ......... .. $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .......$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?! $21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid Pepto Bismal or Nyquil.

The sad part is, it took me a full 30 seconds to get it.

Don't feel bad --- I had to say it out loud before I got it "The coffin stops"!!!:eek:

I used to be addicted to trip reports --- now it's this thread --- is there a support group?

Ohiominnie -- have tacos, that's what we're having! Or the kids anyway --- I have parent/teacher conferences, hopefully I can breeze right through them and not have to wait. Forgot to bring a book. Then it's dance watch night --- last one this week, but then again parent/teacher conferences tomorrow night.

Have a great night everyone --- been foggy here all day so it's really gloomy!

Originally posted by DW4US
Ohiominnie -- have tacos, that's what we're having!

Ok, in my best Jeff Probst voice:

That's 2 votes Tacos. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter