20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkRG said:
Well, good morning, btw. I'm running on not too many hours of sleep so if this seems a bit messed up, you'll know why.

Now with it getting SO close, I'm going to mention something now and probably repeat it a number of times between now and when we sail.

There are two things you're going to pick up on immediately with me, but I thought I'd better mention them now so as to not get anyone upset later.

First, I am slightly hard of hearing. Side effect of working in noisy environments without proper ear protection when I was younger. If there is a disruptive background noise(water noise, strong wind, large group, etc..) and you're not right in front of me, people talking sounds to me a lot like the adults in the old Peanuts cartoons, all I get is a blur. This is why I enjoy the forums so much, nothing wrong with my eyesight. So if you're talking to me and I don't seem like I'm focusing, it is because I'm focusing my hearing first, not really looking as hard.

Second. I have a very hard time attaching names to anything. Not just people, but it's most prevalent there. I'm hoping all this chatting and the photo gallery will help me. At least it's keeping everyone's names in my head. It's also one of the side motivations for my doing the button thing, as I'm more sensitive to it because I have such a hard time. Not the primary one mind you, the primary is so everyone can find each other thru the cruise, so keep those buttons on when you can. But don't get too bothered if I don't keep the names stuck to the faces at first, I will do my best, but I know I'll not get it all right away. It's me not you.

Ok, off to work now.

Not a problem what so ever Mark. I'm the same way with people's names.
I'm glad there is someone else like me.
I tend to have selective hearing as well ( too many sirens )

Gus

WDWLVR said:
DIS Door Tag

Someone a couple of pages ago asked about door tag. Here is what LeiLani and I came up with.

LeiLani is in charge of making the Mickey heads and putting them on the first doors. I've passed on the list of all those who have signed up for tag and she will divide up that listing to the different heads.

When you find the Mickey head on your door you need to act on it within 12 hours. Sign your name and room number on the front, find another room on the list on the head, cross it off and go tag that room. Simple!

If when you get it all the assigned rooms have been crossed off you are free to tag any DIS room listed in the mini-nav with a T next to their room.

Please keep the Mickey Head moving so that everyone can join in the fun.

Thanks!

Woo Hoo! Starting the day off with an unexpected top!

Can't wait Mary

Gus

Afff reminded me......I also am deaf in one ear, and obviously have trouble with names (Lisa?) so, us hard of hearing folks can all find a quiet corner to stand in, and try to figure out who's who!!!

Are we anywhere near another T.O.P. yet?

:cheer2: Yea Therese!!! Ya snuck it in on me!! Good for you!!:cool1:

2004 CHRISTMAS CRUISERS

CHRISTMAS CRUISE LIST 2004

CRUISE LIST 12 - 18 - 2004
HOLIDAY CRUISERS LIST 2004

OHIOMINNIE $ OHIOMICKEY

CHRISTMAS2004

WDWGOOSE & CRUISIN'GOOSE & HORSEDUDE07
$ UPTOWN_GIRL44

WDWLVR & MARKRG & BEAR

PAULCRSB & PAMELACOR

ALL_EARS

TWO4RUFF

3TIMECRUISER

TINKFAN

DANCInD TINKSDAD TINKDANCER

ROBERTS B19

JI

B & B DISCRUISERS

DVC4US

DJS113

TKSBASKETS

LORRIANE

KPROS

GOOFYDADEO

TCHRMOM

UROMAC

ITSMAGIC99

DONALDS_BEST_PAL

DEBS HILL

DISNEYJUNKIE

JHEMOND

JAN LYN

PFOITH

TDKLISA

WVMD

VIDEOGAL 1 & CASH THE WONDER DOG

SANDMAN 980

JUSTMESTACE

DISNEYME

AFFF

LAURAJEAN 1014

MSEC - DVC95

HERCULES 10

ATHURSTANCE

LNEELEY (AKA) SEAULATER

2BELLE'SMOM

3PRINCESSES

DISNEYPINDIVA

DEE47

GLENELGMOM

SCUBA DIVER SCUBA.MOM SCUBAMATT

ARAGORN59

MAGIROUX

STINGFANCB

DOBELOVER

DENISE ESCOLA

KARAERIC

MRSMORK

ANNIE12345 GOOFYABOUTMICKEY7

DW4US

MAGICALFAM5

DISNEYLOVER4

REALITORLADY

SUGASWIM

FLORIDAFUNFAMILY

CAM FAM LUVS DSNY

BOOKSW

THE LAND AND SEA GUY

HERES hoping no one is left behind ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

DID I FORGET ANYONE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

AND WILL THE LAST PERSON PLEASE TURN OFF THE LIGHTS

THANK YOU

gaRry

Boy That was FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will go buy a Lottery ticket!

If I win big - I'll Share!!!

I'll be back on at Lunch................. will probably have several pages to check out - very busy this morning on these boards!!!

By the way, this way out west group arrives in WDW on the 17th at 4:30 (unless I miss my freeway exit!)and will be at the GF and MVMCP.

We plan on arriving at port at about 11:00. We will not be in the front of the line with the Scubafamily. We will be with the group of hard of hearing, bad memory, didn't lose any weight, can't walk very far, but very noisy group. Drinking coffeeeeee.

justmestace said:
Gus, I tried to send a message through Yahoo, the "send mesage" page came up, I signed in, but then I got an invalid message. Hmmm....don't ask me what's up, I'm technologically challenged!!!
Hi Stacey....just sent you an instant message.

Gus

gaRry......there is a bad bad bad problem with your list of cruisers!

wdwgoose said:
ALL MOST A TOP

LISA the GREAT thing is I'm DRIVING down HOPING on the 10th they fly down on the 16th. lots of ROOOM car or truck.
SO DINNER TIME WORK FOR YOU ?????????????????????????????

:rolleyes: :flower: :flower1: :moped:

OOOHHHHH I HAVE 3 MORE WORK DAYS

gaRry
I'm so jealous GaRry....good luck to Vicki tomorrow.

Gus

STACEY not sure why you will be with US okay just bring $ $ $ $ we can send da kid for refills

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter