20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A not so accidental top! Ok - off to do work!

Have a great day everyone.

Here's hoping those of us without docs get them today! :wizard:

I think I made it through most of the weekend stuff. I can't see page 1195 for some reason though. I checked in some on Sunday, but never had time to make it through. The new features are really neat, but I don't think I'll ever get the hang of them!

GaRry/Vicki, we'll also be at WDW if you want to save shipping (but that means packing space). Staying at the Boardwalk. I Pm'd to GarRy (couldn't remember Vicki's exact login) our mailing address if you'd rather do that.

I'm heading out in an hour for Texas for a few days, so I'll have to catch up again on Thursday.

Pretty good weekend here. As I mentioned earlier, I re-packed our cruise stuff again. The only thing left to go in now are the adult dress clothes, the toiletries, and the medicine bag (not nearly as complete as Karen and Virgils, but still plenty of stuff). Oh yeah, I need to get the stockings down and pack them too! We had music night at our church last night. DD sang a solo, and did a nice job. Then choir practiced our cantata. We only have one more practice left, and the choir director was getting a little worried. It came together pretty well last night (except for the song that is sung only by the men), so she thinks it will go okay.

That's about it for now. You guys have fun this week, and I'll catch up with you on Thursday! Lisa

good morning fellow cruisers!! i woke up this morning and did not want to go to work. weekends are too short. they should all be at least 3 days long. haha. of course everyone else in my house got a 4 day weekend but no, i had to work on friday...urgh. but i figured out what is going to get me through the next couple of weeks...knowing that there are only 3 more work weeks...that's 15 days of work and then the fun will begin! i can't believe it's almost here!! :earseek:

One final update. The mini-navs are now all printed!

They will be stuffed in their envelopes tonight and then we will be done.

Well, good morning, btw. I'm running on not too many hours of sleep so if this seems a bit messed up, you'll know why.

Now with it getting SO close, I'm going to mention something now and probably repeat it a number of times between now and when we sail.

There are two things you're going to pick up on immediately with me, but I thought I'd better mention them now so as to not get anyone upset later.

First, I am slightly hard of hearing. Side effect of working in noisy environments without proper ear protection when I was younger. If there is a disruptive background noise(water noise, strong wind, large group, etc..) and you're not right in front of me, people talking sounds to me a lot like the adults in the old Peanuts cartoons, all I get is a blur. This is why I enjoy the forums so much, nothing wrong with my eyesight. So if you're talking to me and I don't seem like I'm focusing, it is because I'm focusing my hearing first, not really looking as hard.

Second. I have a very hard time attaching names to anything. Not just people, but it's most prevalent there. I'm hoping all this chatting and the photo gallery will help me. At least it's keeping everyone's names in my head. It's also one of the side motivations for my doing the button thing, as I'm more sensitive to it because I have such a hard time. Not the primary one mind you, the primary is so everyone can find each other thru the cruise, so keep those buttons on when you can. But don't get too bothered if I don't keep the names stuck to the faces at first, I will do my best, but I know I'll not get it all right away. It's me not you.

Ok, off to work now.

tkd lisa said:
Jenny, I can't believe you got it all in one bag! I repacked again this weekend (and made lists this time!). Right now, we have 7 bags. Small garmet bag (mostly kids dress clothes), Big Garmet bag (adult dress clothes), cloth suitcase (casual clothes), big rolling suitcase (casual clothes and toiletries, etc), small rolling suitcase (casual clothes), duffle bag (WDW clothes), and small bag (going to the port day stuff). Note that 3 of those are just for casual clothes!! I know I've packed too much stuff, but I can't figure out what not to take!

It's really not that great of an accomplishment. It was JUST my clothes. No shoes, toiletries, NOTHING else. I'll probably have another bag for everything else. I figure we'll have a big suitcase, a medium suitcase, a carry on size rolling suitcase, a garment bag and our 2 backpacks, so it's really a lot more than just one bag. I was just happy to get my clothes in just one bag.

jhemond said:
It's really not that great of an accomplishment. It was JUST my clothes. No shoes, toiletries, NOTHING else. I'll probably have another bag for everything else. I figure we'll have a big suitcase, a medium suitcase, a carry on size rolling suitcase, a garment bag and our 2 backpacks, so it's really a lot more than just one bag. I was just happy to get my clothes in just one bag.

Whew, I feel better now. I couldn't figure out how 2 people were just bringing one bag! Cause even with 7 bags, I plan on doing laundry at least twice (once at the resort before we get on the ship, and once on the ship).

And count me as another one without documents yet. We booked through Dreams Unlimited. I figure they'll come while I'm gone. DH just doesn't understand the document dance :rolleyes: so I'll just have to dance when I get home!

Mark - Thanks for the head's up..... I'm also terrible at names....I'm sure that we'll all get through this ok.....

Well - off to work - glad DW had me look at the schedule - as I thought I was working 6-2... and I have to work 10-6......

Be back later!

Virgil
pirate: TFD

Three men wanted to cross a river. They had no idea how to cross it, so one man knelt down on his knees and prayed "Lord give me the power and strength the cross the river." suddenly the man became very strong and swam across the river. The next man thought: if it worked for him, it'll work for me. So he knelt down and prayed "Lord give the skills and the strength to cross the river." the man built a canoe and rowed himself across the river. The last man thought: if it worked for both of them, I know it'll work for me. So he also knelt down and prayed "Lord give me the wisdom and knowledge to cross the river." He turned into a woman and walked across the bridge.

Before going to Europe on business, a man drives his Rolls-Royce to a downtown New York City bank and asks for an immediate loan of $5,000. The loan officer, taken aback, requests collateral. "Well then, here are the keys to my Rolls-Royce," the man says. The loan officer promptly has the car driven into the bank's underground parking for safe keeping and gives the man the $5,000. Two weeks later, the man walks through the bank's doors and asks to settle up his loan and get his car back. "That will be $5,000 in principal, and $15.40 in interest," the loan officer says. The man writes out a check and starts to walk away. "Wait, sir," the loan officer says. "You are a millionaire. Why in the world would you need to borrow $5,000?" The man smiles, "Where else could I find a safer place to park my Rolls-Royce in Manhattan for two weeks and pay only $15.40?"

Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop."

Customer: "Ok."

Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?"Customer: "No."

Tech Support: "Ok. Right click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"

Customer: "No."

Tech Support: "Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?"

Customer: "Sure, you told me to write 'click' and I wrote click'."

Thanks for my morning laugh, Jenny!

Good Morning, everyone! I really did think that you all would have hit the mark by now. Monday mornings.....everyone had to run to work. Except me, you're right, Therese!!!

Packing: I already have two suitcases packed with just decorations and miscellaneous stuff, a duffel with the snorkel gear, and the toiletry bag. Guaranteed, we will be using our entire "allotment" of luggage.

It's great that we'll have so many bubbles...the kids (you know, the actual little ones) will get to blow bubbles, too!!

Gus, I tried to send a message through Yahoo, the "send mesage" page came up, I signed in, but then I got an invalid message. Hmmm....don't ask me what's up, I'm technologically challenged!!!

But I guess that means I could add a little Yahoo thingie to my sig.....maybe one day, I'll be as well connected as Virgil!!

princess: pirate: T.O.P. !!!

ALL MOST A TOP

LISA the GREAT thing is I'm DRIVING down HOPING on the 10th they fly down on the 16th. lots of ROOOM car or truck.
SO DINNER TIME WORK FOR YOU ?????????????????????????????

:rolleyes: :flower: :flower1: :moped:

OOOHHHHH I HAVE 3 MORE WORK DAYS

gaRry

wdwgoose said:
LISA the GREAT thing is I'm DRIVING down HOPING on the 10th they fly down on the 16th. lots of ROOOM car or truck.
SO DINNER TIME WORK FOR YOU ?????????????????????????????

:rolleyes: :flower: :flower1: :moped:

OOOHHHHH I HAVE 3 MORE WORK DAYS

gaRry
How come you ae going so early?? Did I miss something along the way? What about DW, DD, and DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter