20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, sorry, but just a cute picture I took of her right before she went onstage to introduce Aaron:

JingleJam67.jpg

Not that I'm a proud mom or anything!

Okay, I'm done........

Linda

I am so sorry everyone. I found out its my domain name company doing that not my actual site. I cant belive they have been trying to do this and I have not known. I use pop up blocker so never knew. Please know I would never intentionally try to have somthing like that happen. I am very disgusted and emailed technical support team and may be switching hosts.

Sorry
Matt

You would think that I would know how to get those pictures smaller. But no, I'm a computer idiot with stuff like that.

Okay, I caught up on the posts, here's all my answers and comments (gotta get that two cents worth)

Karen-glad I could help you out with getting Mike involved. You never know, maybe you'll get that DVD camcorder before Friday!

Diana-congrats on the purchase of the DVD camcorder for Kevin. I'm sure my DH will want to check it out.

Diana-can the 12 year olds go to the hip hop class? My DD dances that stuff and loves it.

Tina-I'll try to remember to find you to borrow "Music from the Park"

Kids-DD (Jamie Lynn) will be at Parrot Cay at 4:15 p.m. Monday after group picture for gift exchange.

Okay, I think I am caught up now.

Linda

Didnt reply to any of my posts linda:(;) Its okay,I know its hard to read and reply to everyone.

GOT AN IMPORTANT QUESTIONS EVERYONE!
I am switching domains ASAP. I wanted TravelMania.com but its taken, along with Travel-Mania.net and Travel-Mania.com and TravelMania.net. So its .org. info or .us. I like .org the most but really want .com. Any ideas of what to put for .com. I dont want to change site name but really want .com. Give me your ideas asap.

Matt

So, my other little "project"

I made tent cards with each family members Pirate name for dinner on Pirate night. So mine has Captain Hook on it and then it says "Ye Buxom Beauty..........Grainne O'Malley Goldheart"

I thought it would be fun and then our servers would know each of our pirate names.

I bought Avery tent cards when I bought the business cards for the cast member appreciation cards which I haven't done yet!

Linda

scuba diver said:
An underwater housing would go really nice with that new camcorder! Just think of how much fun you would have seeing DD diving.

Yes, here I go stirring the pot again.

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

You would know it. A underwater housing is not available for this model yet. That's the price you pay for being on the cutting edge of technology! :D

WOW, and a surprising TOP pirate: pirate:

seaulater said:
Science projects-Jamie has been working on hers too. Her dad came up with the "transit tube". Think of the bank, now think of the monorail inside the tube and shooting you as passengers like Rockin Arrowsmith to your destination.

Now they just have to build the thing. Due Jan. 5!!!

She put together a powerpoint presentation on my laptop on Friday, guess she must have taught herself how to do it, I was pretty impressed!

Pneumatic power!! Cool idea, just have to watch the G-forces!!

Matt - I'd do .info it sort of fits with your site.... Information about travel...etc...

"Dad voice"....Don't worry about this now....deal with it when you return. Worry about your finals instead.....

Virgil
pirate: TFD

Oh, and while I was at it.......................

I made tent cards with:

Welcome Aboard the Disney Magic Linda (and one for all the other 12 family members with their name)

and I have a clip art Christmas picture with a different Disney character on each one.

I figured it would help our servers to learn our names faster the first night.

I know...................I have way too much free time on my hands!!!!

Now I just need to finish those pirate door signs!

Linda

seaulater said:
You would think that I would know how to get those pictures smaller. But no, I'm a computer idiot with stuff like that.

Diana-can the 12 year olds go to the hip hop class? My DD dances that stuff and loves it.

Kids-DD (Jamie Lynn) will be at Parrot Cay at 4:15 p.m. Monday after group picture for gift exchange.

Linda

Linda, there's a number in the code you use to post your pics that equates to the height of your pic, in pixels. For instance, my code for the pic below (with some spaces added) looks like this:
< img height=250 src=http://www.dkeddy.com/pictures/ebay/dadaj2.jpg >

If you don't put a number in, you get what you get. I'm sure Mark will have a more technical explanation for this.

I'm editing the Teen post above to read "unwrapped presents". Kevin just called to inform me that wrapped presents are a no-no for security reasons. Adding to list: paper, tape, scissors. Oh joy.

The Hip Hop class takes place in the Stack, I think. Which means probably, no, but you could ask. Alicia did one on the Celebrity cruise last year, she was just three months shy of her 13th birthday. It was listed in the Navigator as a family activity, and was on top deck. One of the couselors tried to tell her she couldn't do the class because it was a "teen activity". I kind of let him know that she WAS doing the class, she had a pretty lousy time on that cruise. It was nice that she outdanced him after that.

Donalds_best_pal said:
Didnt reply to any of my posts linda:(;) Its okay,I know its hard to read and reply to everyone.

GOT AN IMPORTANT QUESTIONS EVERYONE!
I am switching domains ASAP. I wanted TravelMania.com but its taken, along with Travel-Mania.net and Travel-Mania.com and TravelMania.net. So its .org. info or .us. I like .org the most but really want .com. Any ideas of what to put for .com. I dont want to change site name but really want .com. Give me your ideas asap.

Matt
Your domain name is kind of up to you. Not long ago, we got feed up with our ISP and registered our own domain to keep the email addy's consistent for the future.

Check out I Power Web they were very reasonable and clean.

Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the pics! Several teen girls around here will be quite jealous. Jamie is a cutie.

Dancind said:
I'm editing the Teen post above to read "unwrapped presents". Kevin just called to inform me that wrapped presents are a no-no for security reasons. Adding to list: paper, tape, scissors. Oh joy.

Here is the Link to TSA site for that tidbit of info, if it helps. We don't want our DIS friends to be surprised. :bitelip:

Well - there's only 26 posts left until 23,000....

Who's going to be the pirate: today???

Virgil
pirate: TFD

seaulater said:
and I have a clip art Christmas picture with a different Disney character on each one.

I used my extra business cards to make character specific to: from: cards for the cast's gifts. For example, Colin (who played Pooh) will have a tag on his gift with a big picture of Pooh!

What fun.

It kept me from packing!

Dancind said:

WE CAN'T BRING WRAPPED PRESENTS ON BOARD??????????

ON A CHRISTMAS CRUISE?????

WHAT IF THEY ARE IN PACKED LUGGAGE??

tinksdad said:
Here is the Link to TSA site for that tidbit of info, if it helps. We don't want our DIS friends to be surprised. :bitelip:

OH WAIT WAIT....is this only if FLYING? I can drive my presents down and get on the ship with them WRAPPED, right???

ohiominnie said:
WE CAN'T BRING WRAPPED PRESENTS ON BOARD??????????

ON A CHRISTMAS CRUISE?????

WHAT IF THEY ARE IN PACKED LUGGAGE??

Oh No! I have wrapped all my presents and packed them.

Angela

YEA!!! I'm finally caught up!! I can't near the PC on the weekends -- DD is too busy on the teen thread -- they seem to be very busy. I hope I get to see her on the cruise!!!

I just had the scare of my life --- I think my heart stopped --- since I've been reading all these posts about excursions being cancelled, I decided to call and check on ours and I swear the girl said you're going to "Egypt, right", apparently she is new and not used the the codes. Anyway, she confirmed all my shore excursions and they all look good --- I think I might call again tomorrow and see if I get someone else!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter