20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTERNET sharing....

It was mentioned a long time ago....

Is anyone still interested in sharing an internet account on the ship?

disneylover4 said:
Here in Ormond Beach area this morning and the local weather guy did a 10 day forcast. Looks like the high on Saturday will be.....ready...

65!!!!!! :eek:

And by checking the weather on aol, looks like a chilly day in Key West on Sunday too. But the upside is the weather at the rest of the stops is looking ok.
I'm going to look at it like this, at least I am in the tropics instead of at home (in GA) freezing my behind off for Christmas!

Chilly??? The wind chill today was 19 when I got in the car to go to work. 70 is shorts weather for us!

Hi everyone! :wave:

I can't believe how close we are to sailing! Had Christmas parties this weekend. (neighbors and family). Out to run errands today. It's been snowing on and off all weekend. You can no longer see the grass!. We're supposed to get 10 inches by morning! :D It looks so pretty outside with all the snow on the branches. We're leaving Thursday around noon, after my DH drops off our dog. I'm really going to miss her!

Judy

tinksdad said:
Congratulations!!
Alicia went to Regionals last year, but didn't enter anything this year. It is good learning experience for the kids and the parents.....

You mean it is optional? At Matt's school there is no choice. The science project is part of your grade. It's do or die.

MarkRG said:
Bye, good luck on the tests.

And I went and looked at your forum for the first time this morning.

I have a serious warning for anyone that goes there - The popups attached to there will attempt to install very malicious spyware. Make sure you either have a good popup blocker or, either Spybot or Ad-Aware blocking spyware self installs.

And before you ask Matt, it keeps trying to install Gator, the worst piece of spyware ever.

I thought maybe it was just my machine, but I got the same response when I looked the site last week. Thankfully I noticed what it was doing be installing.

Dancind said:
Kevin was surprised too, he got a Panasonic mini dvd Camcorder. What a cool item, thanks for mentioning it, Linda.

An underwater housing would go really nice with that new camcorder! Just think of how much fun you would have seeing DD diving.

Yes, here I go stirring the pot again.

scuba diver said:
You mean it is optional? At Matt's school there is no choice. The science project is part of your grade. It's do or die.

She isn't doing Science Fair this year because her class is doing Science Olympiad. At least, I think that's what it is. She has to build some bridges.

Dancind said:
She isn't doing Science Fair this year because her class is doing Science Olympiad. At least, I think that's what it is. She has to build some bridges.

Stacey and Mark have been trying to sell some here on the boards. Maybe she can just buy one from them and *say* she built it!! ;)

scuba diver said:

The science class is doing some other projects this year. Alicia and partner are building the balsa bridge that should hold at least 35#

We did a drawing, and she turned it in. The teacher :teacher: tells her that her bridge would likely hold at least 150# and we should rethink it and make less heavy (and strong) by taking off the gusset plates.

I'm confused now :confused:. Isn't it suppose to hold lots of load versus the
the weight of the bridge. Oh well, to be worried about on the return.......

I just received a call from Diana at Disney.

The Dolphins aren't available on Antiqua during our Cruise. They are

available on St. Maarten at $1 per person higher cost. I told her to

change all of us from Dolphins on Antiqua to Dolphins on St. Maarten.

I also cancelled our French Riviera excursion on St. Maarten.

So....

We are not booked for dolphins on St. Maarten.

And we need to select a different excursion on Antiqua????

ohiominnie said:
INTERNET sharing....

It was mentioned a long time ago....

Is anyone still interested in sharing an internet account on the ship?
Yes.

Linda

A MONDAY TOP, AND I WASN'T EVEN TRYING. GUESS IT'S MY LUCKY DAY SINCE IT TOOK ME TIL 11:15 A.M. TO CATCH UP AND POST!

ohiominnie said:
Stacey and Mark have been trying to sell some here on the boards. Maybe she can just buy one from them and *say* she built it!! ;)
NICE!!

HINT TO MAKE YOUR LAST NIGHT EASIER

I know, who wants to think about the last night of the cruise already....

but I've done this in the past and it's so easy.

I pack return address labels so I can stick them on the luggage tags they give you for the last night.

That way all I need to fill out that night is our stateroom number and the number of bags we'll have (i.e. 1 of 45, 2 of 45..etc)

HTH.

Okay, I think I've finally lost it. My co-workers have decided I'm the dad in the movie "Meet the Parents". I probably shouldn't have showed them my cross referenced packing list.

I know, I'll just tell them I have 80 friends who are just as nuts as I am! Oh, but I've only met 4 of them in person. Yeah, that will convince them I'm perfectly sane.

ohiominnie said:
HINT TO MAKE YOUR LAST NIGHT EASIER

I know, who wants to think about the last night of the cruise already....

but I've done this in the past and it's so easy.

I pack return address labels so I can stick them on the luggage tags they give you for the last night.

That way all I need to fill out that night is our stateroom number and the number of bags we'll have (i.e. 1 of 45, 2 of 45..etc)

HTH.

great idea Karen, thanks. Already got some labels printed, will throw in.

tinksdad said:

Science projects-Jamie has been working on hers too. Her dad came up with the "transit tube". Think of the bank, now think of the monorail inside the tube and shooting you as passengers like Rockin Arrowsmith to your destination.

Now they just have to build the thing. Due Jan. 5!!!

She put together a powerpoint presentation on my laptop on Friday, guess she must have taught herself how to do it, I was pretty impressed!

scuba diver said:
I thought maybe it was just my machine, but I got the same response when I looked the site last week. Thankfully I noticed what it was doing be installing.
It shouldnt be installing that. Its my private host and my server and nothing like that is on there. You the first people to report this happening.

Matt

Okay, so here is Jamie Lynn (DD-12) as one of her "final jobs" yesterday for Disney Radio. She got to introduce Aaron Carter and the Radio Disney Jingle Jam Concert in front of all these screaming girls and got to meet him backstage in the "green room" before the concert. Radio Disney took some pictures of them and I was able to snap a couple also

Here's the pic of her and Aaron:

JingleJam33.jpg

Linda

And the pic of her on stage introducing Aaron Carter in front of all those screaming girls!

JingleJam73.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter