20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
OH WAIT WAIT....is this only if FLYING? I can drive my presents down and get on the ship with them WRAPPED, right???
We have never had any problem flying from the UK with wrapped presents in previous years. Is this new?

Angela

athurstance said:
We have never had any problem flying from the UK with wrapped presents in previous years. Is this new?

Angela
As long as it's in checked luggage - I doubt that it's going to be a problem...

Virgil
pirate: TFD

WVMD said:
As long as it's in checked luggage - I doubt that it's going to be a problem...

Virgil

I hope not - I'm not unpacking them now. I will just have to do it at the port if they insist. I will pack spare tape and paper in case.

Angela

ohiominnie said:
WE CAN'T BRING WRAPPED PRESENTS ON BOARD??????????

ON A CHRISTMAS CRUISE?????

WHAT IF THEY ARE IN PACKED LUGGAGE??

2 years ago, I brought them packed in my checked luggage - and it was not a problem. If you try to bring them on board - plane or ship they will make you unpack them. Just remember that they will go through xray machines and if anything looks unusual - they will open your luggage and unwrap the gifts.

I guess the miles of xmas lights, little coffee maker and the metal over the door hanger will set off alarms. :rolleyes:

All_Ears said:
2 years ago, I brought them packed in my checked luggage - and it was not a problem. If you try to bring them on board - plane or ship they will make you unpack them. Just remember that they will go through xray machines and if anything looks unusual - they will open your luggage and unwrap the gifts.
I'm sure that is the case. The TSA site that I link a couple of post ago does state what their policy is.

It would be a bummer if they unwrapped your gifts and you had no way to get them back in shape for gift giving.

Hmmm... 10 to go....

It's snowing here in Charleston!!!

Virgil

WVMD said:
Hmmm... 10 to go....
It won't be me.

Got a appointment in a few minutes, knowing this guy, it will last a lot longer than I would like........

tinksdad said:
I'm sure that is the case. The TSA site that I link a couple of post ago does state what their policy is.

It would be a bummer if they unwrapped your gifts and you had no way to get them back in shape for gift giving.

So I put the wrapped ornament and a sweater for DM in a different bag so the miles of xmas lights, little coffee maker and the metal over the door hanger will be the only bag searched?????

IT'S WINDY AND ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT WARM HERE IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY!!! 2 DAYS LEFT OF HAVING TO COME TO WORK!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

dobelover said:
So I put the wrapped ornament and a sweater for DM in a different bag so the miles of xmas lights, little coffee maker and the metal over the door hanger will be the only bag searched?????
It is common procedure to search the items and/or bags that they cannot recognize items through the x-ray.

If you have a wad of items they can't recognize, they WILL search the bag and make sure they know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter