2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe travels, Mary. pixiedust: It sounds like you had a nice trip & made some nice family memories.

It's a brisk 20 degrees here today and Cameron's camping out tonight with the Boy Scouts. :cold: :cold: :cold: Really camping out, as they are sleeping under the stars and not using tents. I think they are even hoping for a little snowfall before morning to experience that on an overnight. :scared:

Mom didn't volunteer to help on this campout. :rolleyes1

Safe travels Mary - I hope you get home before those storms roll in.

Camping outside in this weather :scared1: - NOPE you would never catch me out there either, sometimes I think it's too cold inside my house when it drops to 68 degrees at night. What kind of badge do they get for that, the polar bear badge ;)

Leaving in a bit to the airport to pick up my dd Dawn. She's coming in from North Carolina. We haven't seen her since we dropped her off at school the first part of August. Can't wait to see her!

Ok, I feel like a heel and a bad friend, but life has been SO busy around here!!! So, even though I've been reading, I never have time to actually respond, so here it goes!!!
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to thank everybody for all of the congratulations regarding Curt's promotion. I haven't been on the Boards since Matt and Julie's anniversary, so I never realized that Blondie "leaked" the news... :) I feel especially dippy now, since I posted on the CJ Group just today about his making Sergeant. Oh well.

Here's hoping that everyone is well. The next month or so is going to be insane with school and travel and holidays, so I doubt that I'll be checking in very often. :crazy:

Happy Monday! :wave:
Congrats Curt!!!!

I just wanted to take a minute to do a little mom bragging. My youngest son (26) proposed to his girl last night in front of the Castle after it lit up - it was such a surprising moment for her - her reaction at first was "no sh.." - after the shock wore off you couldn't take the smile off either of their faces! I will post picture when I get back home.

Awww, that's SO sweet!!!

Did everyone see the 2008 DVC member changes where we finally get free internet when staying on points (wired not wifi)???? FINALLY!

Oh and MS is going to be open 9 - 5:30 est Mon through SAT with Sunday hours coming in March. NICE

Chris will like to hear that. Then, even when he is on call once in a while, we can still go to Disney!!!

Do any of my Northern Friends own the Mammoth Crocs? I'm betting Diana, Amy & Julie don't have much need for crocs with a lining in them. ;) They look like these:

Nope, can't say that I've seen them, but they are adorable!!! And, it does get cold here, if you consider 50s cold!!! :lmao:

Yesterday John and Deanna were putting up the outside lights and when they told me to come out and see them I found this in my front yard.

blowupmickey.jpg

Awww, he's a cutie!!! I want one in my yard!!!

Thanks Gail, Cindy and Diana!

We have a pup who can see now :banana: :dance3: :banana: which is 100% better than before. Matt's home with him today as he has meetings at the university for his graduation requirements (FEBRUARY WOO HOO) so they are hanging out.

I'm so glad to hear that Chip is doing better after surgery!!! It's amazing how those furry things become SO important in our lives!!! We couldn't live without them!!!

Heading back to the cold north tomorrow - I plan to try to put off the start of the trip til almost noon so I can enjoy a bit more of this wonderful place. It's been glorious weather and dare I say that is not what I will find when I get back up to Michigan. But, it's been a really fun trip with Christopher and with my son's proposal in front of the castle - I plan to post pics as soon as I can.

Stay warm everyone and get ready for the big countdown til Christmas!

Welcome back from WDW!!! We're heading there next week, and I can't wait!!!!:banana:

It's a brisk 20 degrees here today and Cameron's camping out tonight with the Boy Scouts. :cold: :cold: :cold: Really camping out, as they are sleeping under the stars and not using tents. I think they are even hoping for a little snowfall before morning to experience that on an overnight. :scared:

Mom didn't volunteer to help on this campout. :rolleyes1

Ok, first of all, I'm not into camping, but I can't even fathom camping in THAT kind of weather!!!:scared1:

Amy...glad to hear from you. Just post when you can!

Love the new pic of your girls!:santa:

Well I've caught up from all the posts since Dec. 7th.
So like Amy it's my turn to reply

Julie - I'm so glad to her Chip had a successful surgery. I would have been worried too. Thank goodness everything turned out ok.

Cindy - I've seen those new crocs and want a pair but just haven't had the time to thing about buying a pair of shoes.

Gail - Nice to see Mickey dropped by for the holidays!!

Let's not talk about the weather. It was a balmy 20 here with snow ans freezing rain. We got around 8 inches. Yuck

:santa:

I'm home but have to wait another day for pics to post - recovering from driving straight thru to beat the Winter Storm and got into an accident in Atlanta - still hurting from that - 2 vehicles got into an accident in the carpool lane and then they hit us - bit OUCH! I'll post the pics soon - promise!

I'm home but have to wait another day for pics to post - recovering from driving straight thru to beat the Winter Storm and got into an accident in Atlanta - still hurting from that - 2 vehicles got into an accident in the carpool lane and then they hit us - bit OUCH! I'll post the pics soon - promise!

Oh Mary that sounds horrible and then you come home to the Winter Wonderland. I hope everyone is ok. Were you able to drive your car home?

The kids are off school tomorrow. The main roads are somewhat clear but the buses would probably have a lot of trouble making it through the subdivisions. Since my oldest 3 were in school I don't ever remember a snow day in December. This has to be one of the earliest we have ever had. I wonder if it means we are in store for a really long snowy winter. Hmmmm, I wonder how many nights my points will get me at OKW!

Oh, Mary, I hope your okay. pixiedust: That must have been scary and then having to drive the rest of the way, I'm sure you were on pins & needles. Were you alone?

The kids are off school tomorrow. The main roads are somewhat clear but the buses would probably have a lot of trouble making it through the subdivisions. Since my oldest 3 were in school I don't ever remember a snow day in December. This has to be one of the earliest we have ever had. I wonder if it means we are in store for a really long snowy winter. Hmmmm, I wonder how many nights my points will get me at OKW!

Gail, you must have been hit really hard with the snow. Gary guesses we got about 5" but by the time we went off to basketball, the roads were very clear and just wet. Does your school district build in snow days or are they tacked onto the end of the school year? We don't have any so if they don't have school, they add it onto the end of the school year. The kids are always wanting snowdays, but then when the end of the year comes along, they are more than ready to be done.

5 more days of school and they will be home for 2 weeks. :scared1: Something tells me it's going to be a long 2 weeks. :eek:

Thanks Gail, Cindy and Diana!

We have a pup who can see now :banana: :dance3: :banana: which is 100% better than before. Matt's home with him today as he has meetings at the university for his graduation requirements (FEBRUARY WOO HOO) so they are hanging out.

Good News All around!

Congratulations.

Squid

Oh that is too bad. You had such a nice trip too. I hope your car isnt in too bad of shape. I hope you feel okay soon too.

Squid

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you're feeling better. What a crappy way to end a great vacation.

Gail---we accept points here and have a couple of extra rooms you can choose. ;) Hey, my initials are DVC, I need to look into making a plaque outside the bedrooms with room numbers. :lmao:

We went to AK yesterday morning and the MGM for the Osbourne Lights and had a great time. AK wasn't crowded at all we got to eat lunch at the Yak & Yeti. It was quite good. MGM, excuse me Hollywood Studios, was pretty crowded. We actually waited in line for the Great Movie Ride for a half hour and about 20 mins to see the Muppets!! The girls are really into the Wizard of Oz and Julia is the Wicked Witch's biggest fan, so I wanted them to see it. We did get to see the MGM Christmas Parade and HSM though, so it was a great time.

I think we're gonna head back over on Thursday to do the Member Mixer and tour some of the resorts Christmas decorations. :goodvibes

I suppose I could have put everything into one post but cest la vie.

We managed to get around 10 inches of snow before the wind kicked in and blew the drifts to 3-4 feet IN THE DRIVEWAY. I spent 5 hours yesterday clearing snow. I am achy and sore today. Going to work 8 hrs at the FD today and then a 24 tomorrow on the bulance. We did a traditional "wet down ceremony" for our new engine on Saturday. It was kinda chilly but it was fun to do. I will post pics as I find time. I am glad everyone seems to be doing okay. Hope your holidays are safe and merry.

Squid

Gail, you must have been hit really hard with the snow. Gary guesses we got about 5" but by the time we went off to basketball, the roads were very clear and just wet. Does your school district build in snow days or are they tacked onto the end of the school year? We don't have any so if they don't have school, they add it onto the end of the school year. The kids are always wanting snowdays, but then when the end of the year comes along, they are more than ready to be done.

5 more days of school and they will be home for 2 weeks. :scared1: Something tells me it's going to be a long 2 weeks. :eek:

We had about 8" of snow and the wind started up, along with more snow falling and the blowing of snow everywhere it was impossible to keep up with the roads. John cleared the driveway and sidewalks and before he came back in it was covered again. The amount of snow wasn't a big problem because the road crews here are pretty quick to get it cleared but when the winds start they can't keep up with it.

Our school district is allowed 2 inclement weather days per year. We usually never use them. I think last year was the 1st time in a long time that the kids were off due to weather. This week they now only have 4 days, then Christmas vacation, hmmmm maybe it's now called Holiday vacation ;) They go back on Thursday Jan 3rd. Is is Jan 2 yet!!!! :rotfl:

I'm doing okay - still some soreness in my lower back but I'm hoping to do more today than I have since we got home - John was driving at the time since I can't stand to drive thru Atlanta - maybe next time he'll listen to me - LOL. Car is okay but it felt like a big boom.

As promised - pics from the proposal - it was truly a Magical Moment!

JRproposes001.jpg

JRproposes002.jpg

JRproposes003.jpg

JRproposes004.jpg

These were taken by a CM who was not working but was hanging around for the Castle lighting and asked if he could take some pics since he heard me set it up with the Photopass person - he ran them off and the kids had them 15 minutes later. It was a "misty moment for this mom".

Gail---we accept points here and have a couple of extra rooms you can choose. ;) Hey, my initials are DVC, I need to look into making a plaque outside the bedrooms with room numbers. :lmao:

Oh cool another resort to choose from! What kind of activities do you provide to keep the kids entertained??? Hey you could open a resort with a petting zoo :lmao:

I received a letter from DVC about the extension of my OKW points. A couple of months ago they offered the $10 reduction if we accepted the extension by Feb 08 making it $15 a point to extend. I sent in my No, I'm not interested reply and now I'm getting the "IF you extend we will offer the $10 discount and no payments for 1 year". My extension will cost $4650 for something that I can't use for 35 years from now. Besides I'll be 83 when they expire - not sure how much I'll be using them then and I don't want to assume my kids would want my "timeshare" responsibilites passed down to them. I'm guessing with the new offer they didn't get the response they wanted.

And a few more Magical Moments for me - I actually got the whole family down and Bob (my son-in-law)'s mom joined us for the lil' guy's first trip.

WDW12-07254.jpg

WDW12-07120.jpg

WDW12-07107.jpg

WDW12-07182.jpg

Mary how cool. Great pictures! Have they set a date for the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter